Mine is supposed to be in this week, and the Verizon supervisor on the phone said that the Tour also has some touch screen capabilities. I hadn't heard this. Is it true? She also said that she would be suprised if the Storm 2 comes out this year b/c RIM usually only releases two new phones a year and they have already done that (though she did say she isn't saying they won't, but that she didn't think it was likely).
    09-02-09 08:26 AM
    no
    10char
    09-02-09 08:29 AM
    Mine is supposed to be in this week, and the Verizon supervisor on the phone said that the Tour also has some touch screen capabilities. I hadn't heard this. Is it true? She also said that she would be suprised if the Storm 2 comes out this year b/c RIM usually only releases two new phones a year and they have already done that (though she did say she isn't saying they won't, but that she didn't think it was likely).
    It really sounds like this 'supervisor' hasn't a clue what she is talking about. No, the Tour does NOT have a touch screen! And we have already seen information regarding the Storm 2 expected release date of Oct 15th.

Next time, simply come here for your information!
    09-02-09 08:32 AM
    Maybe you should advise your supervisor to come here for their information too...just a thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 08:35 AM
    I appreciate the info. I didn't think it did. The Tour will be my first smartphone. Is that a pretty good phone to start with?
    09-02-09 08:36 AM
    You ordered a phone without knowing whether it has a touchscreen. I'm not sure who deserves the slap on the head...the VZW person or you.
    09-02-09 08:54 AM
    you didn't do any research before just buying a smart phone...wow
    09-02-09 08:56 AM
    Gotta love it. A Verizon supervisor telling you the Tour had touchscreen.

You didn't happen to get her name did you? I'd love to call and educate her boss a little.

Absolutely absurd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 09:07 AM
    I don't know what you guys are talking about but my Tour is touch screen.
    09-02-09 09:09 AM
    I don't know what you guys are talking about but my Tour is touch screen.
    Rippling when you push on it doesn't count.
    09-02-09 09:11 AM
    I can touch then screen, yes

Does it not work like a touch screen no
    09-02-09 09:14 AM
    It's a solid device, not quite as good as the Storm but you will NOT be disappointed.
    09-02-09 09:14 AM
    No I didn't order a phone without doing research. As I stated, I did not think it had touchscreen. I had planned on ordering the phone anyway, so it wasn't like the ts was going to be a selling point for me.
    09-02-09 09:15 AM
    Rippling when you push on it doesn't count.
    Dang, you're quick. Didn't think someone would catch that one.

I can touch then screen, yes

Does it not work like a touch screen no
    Har har.

It's a solid device, not quite as good as the Storm but you will NOT be disappointed.
    You're on crack.
    09-02-09 09:18 AM
    i thought storm 2 is coming on sept 29 for the corporates and oct 14th for the rest of us. did you play with the phone in person before buying it? just something i always do, and it would be pretty obvious if the phone was a touch screen or not if you tested it.
    09-02-09 09:27 AM
    I appreciate the info. I didn't think it did. The Tour will be my first smartphone. Is that a pretty good phone to start with?
    You won't be disappointed, it's a great device!!
    09-02-09 09:42 AM
    You must be joking.
    09-02-09 09:56 AM
    I'm on crack because my opinion differs yours? I like the Storm is that ok with you ****.
    09-02-09 10:20 AM
    09-02-09 10:31 AM
    I'm on crack because my opinion differs yours? I like the Storm is that ok with you ****.
    You're on crack because you are...crackzilla.
    09-02-09 10:47 AM
    I wonder if the "supervisor" was just telling you what you wanted to hear, or really thinks there is one. Either way, darn shame they're allowed to work in the field!
    09-02-09 10:50 AM
    Point taken.
    09-02-09 11:03 AM
    Tour does not have a touchscreen. The ripple comment was hilarious.
    09-02-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD