I've found quite a few sources for replacement parts for my Blackberry Bold. However, what I'm looking for is OEM parts to replace my bezel, lens, buttons, keyboard and maybe battery door.

Can anyone direct me to a source that doesn't sell cheap, look-a-like parts? I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,
    GT
    09-02-09 12:39 AM
    I've found quite a few sources for replacement parts for my Blackberry Bold. However, what I'm looking for is OEM parts to replace my bezel, lens, buttons, keyboard and maybe battery door.

Can anyone direct me to a source that doesn't sell cheap, look-a-like parts? I would appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,
    GT
    Cnn.cn
    HorizonWireless
    TrueSupplier
    PDASmart

Just to name a few. Dont forget, SEARCH is your friend.

Good luck!
    09-02-09 01:15 AM
    A lot of stores will label parts as OEM when they definitely are not, so you have to be careful. You can get OEM bezels with buttons (the chrome ones only, anything else is either imitation or painted), OEM keyboards (black only with either all white letters and numbers or white letters and red numbers, all else will be cheap crap) and battery doors (RIM offers about 5 different colored ones, all others are imitations).

Most other parts are really a crap shoot as to whether they're OEM, as they would have to be taken from a real phone to be OEM (some places will state the part is "used" because it's taken from either a refurb or defective phone, in which case you know you're getting OEM). AFAIK none of the stores are actually supplied with real OEM parts from RIM's manufacturers.
    09-02-09 05:56 AM
    A lot of stores will label parts as OEM when they definitely are not, so you have to be careful. You can get OEM bezels with buttons (the chrome ones only, anything else is either imitation or painted), OEM keyboards (black only with either all white letters and numbers or white letters and red numbers, all else will be cheap crap) and battery doors (RIM offers about 5 different colored ones, all others are imitations).

Most other parts are really a crap shoot as to whether they're OEM, as they would have to be taken from a real phone to be OEM (some places will state the part is "used" because it's taken from either a refurb or defective phone, in which case you know you're getting OEM). AFAIK none of the stores are actually supplied with real OEM parts from RIM's manufacturers.
    Good looking out. Didnt get into too much detail in my post but you are right that not all are TRUE OEM parts, but many are pretty damn close. I have ordered from Cnn.cn and another on ebay, and he replacement housings from Cnn.cn were way better quality than the ebay supplier, dont remember the name off the top of my head. But it did come a lot quicker, also from China.
    09-02-09 01:29 PM
    I use ebay to get replacement parts
    09-02-09 03:49 PM
    Good looking out. Didnt get into too much detail in my post but you are right that not all are TRUE OEM parts, but many are pretty damn close. I have ordered from Cnn.cn and another on ebay, and he replacement housings from Cnn.cn were way better quality than the ebay supplier, dont remember the name off the top of my head. But it did come a lot quicker, also from China.
    I ordered two housings and three keyboards from cnn.cn and all of them were of low quality. On two of the keyboards, letters were either in the wrong places or upside down. One keyboard was missing a button. The housing were irregular. I found a website Buy cell phone parts, cellular phone repair parts, earbuds, wholesale/retail all of the the parts I purchased from them were perfect. One order and I am still using them. I couldn't be happier. Plus, I had them shipped next day!
    09-02-09 04:16 PM
    Check these folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 04:16 PM
    dealsishop is another good place, but i dont know if their parts are OEM.
    09-02-09 04:57 PM
    I want to thank everyone for the ideas. I had found some of these with Google search; but, there were a few I hadn't looked at before. Absent OEM, I'll look for good quality replacement parts.

Thanks again for the help. Best Blackberry forum on the net.

GT
    09-02-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD