hello all!
    I have had my phone for awhile and have has blackberrys for a few yrs and until today never had the need to sent a pin message. So I sent one and apparently the person on the other end can see my whole name instead of just my pin or the screen name I have for bbl. Is there anyway to change this? This way if I pin someone I met frm here they don't end up with my whole name?
    I have tried searching frm my phone and my iPod touch (which I'd where I'm posting this frm) so my search may not have been the best. Please take it easy on me if this has been answered elsewhere and I overlooked it.
    09-01-09 10:33 PM
    hello all!
    I have had my phone for awhile and have has blackberrys for a few yrs and until today never had the need to sent a pin message. So I sent one and apparently the person on the other end can see my whole name instead of just my pin or the screen name I have for bbl. Is there anyway to change this? This way if I pin someone I met frm here they don't end up with my whole name?
    I have tried searching frm my phone and my iPod touch (which I'd where I'm posting this frm) so my search may not have been the best. Please take it easy on me if this has been answered elsewhere and I overlooked it.
    If you are in the other person's contacts then they will see the name as it is listed in there. If not then they should only see your PIN number until they assign your name to it. At least that's how it is for me.
    09-01-09 10:39 PM
    The persone never knew my name(well not the first and last) so I couldn't be in their contacts that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 10:41 PM
    yea i just tried sending one to someone not in my contact list and had the same issue..
    09-01-09 10:44 PM
    If you have BBM 5 and set yourself up a contact card with your full name, than it will be sent with your PIN messages.

09-01-09 10:50 PM
    I know it can be changed seen it b4 but that contact isn't in my friend list anymore! I know someone here knows how to do it.

09-01-09 10:51 PM
    Use Blackberry Messenger instead if PIN, you'll able to setup a profile just like all the instant message things. It's what we all use on CB here.
    09-01-09 10:52 PM
    Options - Owner. That's prolly the info the see Might want to change that.
    09-01-09 10:52 PM
    Nope not the owner info thought of that first. What's a contact card?
    Nothing in BBM has my full name in it anyaway so I'm not sure that's it.
    Last edited by Tamara24; 09-01-09 at 10:57 PM.
    09-01-09 10:54 PM
    My owner info is what shows when I pin ppl. Weird.
    09-01-09 10:56 PM
    Same here. Owner info is what all my PIN messages come up as unless that person has my PIN stored in their contacts.
    09-01-09 11:19 PM
    Unless your PIN is saved as a contact with the other person, then the account name your BB is registered under will show up. Once they save your PIN under contacts, then it will show up as your contact name. I would suggest SMS messaging unless you set up a contact with the other person first.
    09-01-09 11:21 PM
    I have tried searching frm my phone and my iPod touch (which I'd where I'm posting this frm)
    Haha I could tell, with all those little typos I knew you couldn't be typing from your 8900 or your computer :-P

09-02-09 05:51 AM
    hey if you ever find the answer, let me know.
    09-03-09 10:43 AM
    It's not an issue as far as I know, it is a feature. Not a biggie either, there's no location info or anything and a name is just a name.
    09-03-09 11:22 AM
    Well I have no idea what the deal is, I did some testing with a friend and sometimes they would see the name I have in my owner information and sometimes they would see first and last. Since I don't use it much I'm not sure what the deal is. And Radius a name is just a name but I just felt weird about it.....besides I would like to be able to pick what shows up. Most other ppl I talked to said its owner information so.....maybe my phone I was having a moment. LOL thanks for all the input!

09-04-09 12:20 AM
    I would like to ask a question about my PIN. It is all numeric. Most of the PINs I see on the forums have letters as well as numbers. Does anyone have any contacts with all numbers for a PIN?
    10-05-09 07:47 PM
    I didn't even know anybody actually uses the pin message feature.

10-06-09 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD