Ok my battery seems to be dying WAAAY to fast. I wake up at about 9amish and by 9pm its charging time I think it might be the Blackberry slider. Even if I don't use it heavily still dies rather quick. am I going crazy? I'm on .151 when I first got the phone (like a week ago) the battery seemed to live longer. Idk maybe I'm crazy but any response would be helpful

Thanks!
    ~*AnthraX*~
    09-01-09 03:32 PM
    Ok my battery seems to be dying WAAAY to fast. I wake up at about 9amish and by 9pm its charging time I think it might be the Blackberry slider. Even if I don't use it heavily still dies rather quick. am I going crazy? I'm on .151 when I first got the phone (like a week ago) the battery seemed to live longer. Idk maybe I'm crazy but any response would be helpful

Thanks!
    ~*AnthraX*~
    I feel your pain. I just started a thread as well asking what is up with this. Seems like yours deteriorated quicker than mine did.

I have Berryslider as well and thought it was the same thing draining mine. But i have found that since I deleted it, it still drains the same. I have come to believe that the battery type itself is flawed. Good Luck, I look forward to more responses.
    09-01-09 04:41 PM
    To me thats not bad, my storm battery want last for that long!
    09-01-09 04:47 PM
    To me thats not bad, my storm battery want last for that long!
    ditto its not slidelock its most likely to many phone calls or google maps open orr cursed virgo however you spell it, I have 2 batteries usb car charger and i still go through 2 batteries a day on .151
    09-01-09 04:50 PM
    Even if the phone is idle I have the same problem.....if I go to verizon will they replace the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 07:02 PM
    When your not using it try putting it in standby by holding the mute button...
    09-01-09 07:20 PM
    If you can get 12 hours between charges that's about average with moderate to heavy usage. There are plenty of threads with tips on how to improve battery life. Just a couple of things off the top of my head.

Set brightness to lowest preference
    Turn off bluetooth and gps when not in use
    Set time out to lowest preference
    Exit out of all un used apps
    Use the pouch with a magnet....this times out ur storm when not in use.
    Keep it plugged in (self explanatory) but this does improve bat life when its not plugged in

09-01-09 07:25 PM
    I just got my phone replaced under warranty last week, and right out of the box with a few apps installed, my memory and battery were dropping way faster than had been on the case on the phone I had since last December.

I started trying removing one app at a time, and StormSlider was the culprit. I was dropping 15 mb of memory in less than an hour, and since deleting don't drop that much all day. My phone has been off the charger for 13 hours and I've got 85% battery and am down 12 mb memory.
    09-01-09 07:38 PM
    When your not using it try putting it in standby by holding the mute button...
    Standby mode? Holding the mute button does nothing for me.
    09-01-09 07:48 PM
    I just got my phone replaced under warranty last week, and right out of the box with a few apps installed, my memory and battery were dropping way faster than had been on the case on the phone I had since last December.

I started trying removing one app at a time, and StormSlider was the culprit. I was dropping 15 mb of memory in less than an hour, and since deleting don't drop that much all day. My phone has been off the charger for 13 hours and I've got 85% battery and am down 12 mb memory.
    I took stormslider off (not uninstalled but disabled) and it seems to be a bit better.
    09-01-09 10:22 PM
    its most likely u have apps that are draining the battery u need to find which one is

09-02-09 02:26 AM
    New batteries don't hold a charge as long as their older brethren (weeks or months; not year(s)). By cycling the battery a few times, your length of time should increase.
    09-02-09 02:33 AM
    had the same problem i figured out it was GPS tracker because i had it set so that it would send my phone location every 15min or something like that also u can check weather bug although i have that set to every 30 min and my battery doesn't drain after one day infact i cant remember the last time i had a red bar
    09-02-09 02:37 AM
    In my case I can use my phone during 5 days without charging it.

You can also choose the 2G mode instead of 3G in the option menu
    09-02-09 07:19 AM
    Keeping bluetooth always on will drain the battery faster, same with GPS (even though I do keep that on).

I found that turning bluetooth off increased my battery life by (what seemed) like twice as much.
    09-02-09 08:23 AM
    Check to see what programs are running. I see that listed but also check your signal strength. If you are down to 1 or 2 bars it will cause your battery to drain quicker. Another suggestion is do a Search for Batteries. It's been talked into the ground on the forums and read the tips section.
    09-02-09 08:30 AM
    1. Change the network setting to 1XEV instead of world mode (unless you are travelling to a different country)
    2. Turn the GPS to E911 only unless you are using it
    3. Turn your backlight brightness down to 30 or 40 and the timeout to 10 secs
    4. Lock the device when you aren't using it because it turns the backlight off faster
    5. Don't use bluetooth unless you are actually using it
    6. Sign out of Flickr, Facebook, AIM, etc. even if they are closed, if they are signed in then they are polling for updates

I use mine a lot throughout the day and I can sometimes get a day and a half depending... Usually I charge it every night though.
    09-02-09 08:32 AM
    I see that listed but also check your signal strength.
    And that is very true. Areas with poor signal suck down battery as well.
    09-02-09 08:34 AM
    I adjusted the title.
    09-02-09 08:35 AM
    Standby mode? Holding the mute button does nothing for me.
    For some reason, this behavior was removed from the Storm.
    09-03-09 10:12 PM
    I just carry my USB cable and plug it into a computer or wall outlet. If I am in the car it gets plugged in there as well. At home its on the wall charger if I am not using it. It might seem like a hassle but it really isnt. Just a habit you have to get into.
    09-04-09 12:35 AM

Really? How do you it? I have 46% and -6.0MB after 16 hours. But I haven't used it that much since yesterday. Your battery seems better than mine.
    09-04-09 07:49 AM
    I have my storm set to 60% on the backlight, i use an active holster constantly, and i have e911 enabled, for geotagging of pictures i take once a month haha, I get a day out of my phone, but when its on 60% vice 100% for the backlight, I get better battery life, i.e it gets to half the battery later in the day, but at the end of the day it always needs to be charged.
    09-04-09 11:52 AM
    Besides heavy usage, I've also noticed that if you use a case w/ a magnet it will significantly drain battery life!
    09-04-09 02:55 PM
    I have a holster with a magnet. I thought it saves battery life because the phone enters in standby mode.
    @vandebe: I have backlight brightness set to 10, and backlight timeout set to 10 secs. I don't think the screen requires too much power. I think the radio is the problem, but when I'm not surfing the web I keep it to 2G. I dunno what's "e911" maybe this is only for the 9530, however, I don't need the GPS therefore I keep it off all the time.
    09-04-09 03:42 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD