Why did this have to change. There was nothing wrong with the old one. This new one is useless when reading or composing a new message.

Also. The ICONS at the bottom are gone. Now you have to press the BB button and then send....

They left the email screen alone.
    08-31-09 08:28 PM
    U can send by pressing the enter button

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 08:43 PM
    Haven't seen it but my guess is it's unfinished.
    08-31-09 08:44 PM
    Just hit the enter button and it will send.
    08-31-09 08:50 PM
    if you don't like it, downgrade.
    08-31-09 08:52 PM
    so far you have complained alot about changes in 191....you should just downgrade to whatever you were running ant not complaining about
    08-31-09 08:57 PM
    finding and fixes thread
    08-31-09 09:01 PM
    I didn't play with .191 a lot. I only had it on my phone for like 30 min. Just wanted to check out a couple of stuff.
    I did realize the sms were sorted different. Can some explain.
    The reason for me downgrading was because the camera and got used to bbm 5 UI. Overall I liked .191 looked awesome.

08-31-09 09:08 PM
    can see a screenshot of this? is it just the buttons missing that is different?
    08-31-09 09:10 PM
    so far you have complained alot about changes in 191....you should just downgrade to whatever you were running ant not complaining about
    You always have something to say...never constructive however.
    08-31-09 09:12 PM
    U can send by pressing the enter button

Huh. What enter button are you referring to.
    08-31-09 09:12 PM
    You always have something to say...never constructive however.
    And you are being constructive? At least he is telling you something that you should do. Downgrade your OS if all that you are going to do is be a troll.

/end topic
    08-31-09 09:23 PM
    Sheesh. Who pissed in your post toasties. I am entitled to post my opinion justlike every one else.
    08-31-09 09:25 PM
    Sheesh. Who pissed in your post toasties.
    Stop being such a troll and downgrade if you do not like the operating system. Simple as that.
    08-31-09 09:26 PM
    Go buy an iphone. That's one of the great things about .191!

08-31-09 09:29 PM
    I love to read the E-Fights. EFC The world famous Electronic Fighting Championship.
    08-31-09 09:31 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/be...-191-a-305709/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sm...-191-a-305733/

Downgrade instead of making thread after thread about how you dont like 191. no one forced you to load it. It has some problems yes but for some it works ok. The camera is the biggest issue this build has. Apps not working is NOT the OSs problem. They will be tweeked once the programs get the APIs for OS 5. Everyone complained and ask for threaded SMS.....we now have it. Be happy you have it and remember its not done.
    Last edited by howarmat; 09-01-09 at 07:58 AM.
    08-31-09 10:20 PM
    Why did this have to change. There was nothing wrong with the old one. This new one is useless when reading or composing a new message.

Also. The ICONS at the bottom are gone. Now you have to press the BB button and then send....

They left the email screen alone.
    OK, i'm going to buck the trend here and instead of flaming you, I am going to explain to you exactly what you are looking at.

The new SMS is what is referred to as "threaded" SMS. It works more like an instant messaging program (such as AIM or BBM) where each "conversation" is seperated into something akin to a forum thread. The conversation can be ended, and a new one started. Threaded SMS is actually something alot of folks have been begging RIM to release. iPhone has it, and so does Windows Mobile. The "screen" you're seeing is actually the BBM interface, when you get used to doing SMS this way, it really does end up making more sense.

And you don't have to press the BB key to send the message, the Go/Enter/whatever you want to call it key now sends messages.

But trust me, stick with it. You'll come to appreciate the fact that your SMS inbox is suddenly alot more organized.

As for why the email screen is the same; well, this threaded interface wouldn't work so well for emails.

May I ask, though.... Why do you say the new interface is useless for reading or sending messages? It's just like reading and replying to threads in this forum, right down to smiley support.
    08-31-09 10:24 PM
    Are you kidding me?! You don't like threaded sms, its amazing!
    09-01-09 12:12 AM
    Huh. What enter button are you referring to.
    Jaja the fact that you didn't know what the person is talking about it let alone use the OS properly shows that you need to either downgrade or spend some time reading through all the new features. I for one love the new threaded SMS.

09-01-09 12:45 AM
    After using BBM 5.0 it no wonder why everyone wanted threaded sms. It makes it so much better to have a convo with someone. Its how it should of been when the storm was first released.
    09-01-09 12:51 AM
    These guys are right but no need for them to be so rude.

You can either downgrade the OS if it bothers you that bad but its not that big of a deal.

or you can stay with this update and do what others have said you can send using the enter button on the qwerty keyboard which is located under the delete key
    09-01-09 12:51 AM
    After using BBM 5.0 it no wonder why everyone wanted threaded sms. It makes it so much better to have a convo with someone. Its how it should of been when the storm was first released.
    The 2 most important points are A. The threaded SMS is obviously still being refined and B. This guy has made 2 different threads complaining about the same thing, WTF? lol.
    09-01-09 12:57 AM
    .191 is the best dam OS out......get with the program its called Threaded SMS. This is the future its people like you who kept RIM stale and stagnant.
    09-01-09 01:15 AM
    I agree with you CXXXV, I liked the previous SMS better. I got SMS from friends that change their numbers and I noticed that you cannot highlight the header containing their new number and go into the menu and select COPY anymore. It was convenient to copy and paste that number into an existing contact but now it only allows you add that number to a new contact.

Along with that, I think that there is a bit of confusion out there about what THREADED SMS is. THREADED SMS allows you to have up to 6 messages of 160 characters as one message. People are saying that it is the ability to see the previous messages in a conversation with someone-which is false. You could do that in every OS since the phone came out. Im running 5.0.0.191 and I do NOT have Threaded sms. Hopefully a Hybrid will fix that....
    09-01-09 01:27 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD