It's apparently getting low. I called to get a replacement today (trackball issues) and at first he said he had no replacements in stock. Then, after a minute or two of him searching, he did find one for me. If my assumption is correct then I bet they're gonna start refurbing and sending out the returns as replacements soon.
    08-31-09 05:59 PM
    They are already sending out refurbs. I got one on Friday that I had to send back because it was physically jacked up. They sent me out a new one today. Should get it Tuesday. I assume it is another "Certified Refurbished". Little nervous after seeing the first one though.
    08-31-09 06:09 PM
    They are already sending out refurbs. I got one on Friday that I had to send back because it was physically jacked up. They sent me out a new one today. Should get it Tuesday. I assume it is another "Certified Refurbished". Little nervous after seeing the first one though.
    Really. I didn't think they were doing that yet. I hope mine's in good shape if I do happen to get a return unit.
    08-31-09 06:13 PM
    threaten to cancel and your new one is on the way
    08-31-09 06:20 PM
    threaten to cancel and your new one is on the way
    I don't mind getting a return unit if it's in good shape (a few minor scratches wouldn't bother me). But if it looks like someone played street hockey with it I'd be pissed.
    08-31-09 06:24 PM
    Yea they have been sending out refurbs let's hope they all come out gud with no problems lol
    08-31-09 06:31 PM
    I should be getting mine either on Tuesday or Wednesday...so, I'm also hoping for the best! I went in to talk to the store reps regarding 3 issues I had with my Tour: 1) reboot time of 10 minutes, 2) dropping data connection and not coming out of it w/o a battery pull and 3) loose battery door. No trackball issue with me, so, I hope it stays that way with this replacement.

Any absolute method of determining REFURB vs. NEW? The guys in the store seem to think they are still sending new ones w/o accessories. Hope this is the case. We shall see...
    08-31-09 06:36 PM
    The one I got Friday had a big sticker covering the screen that said certified refurbished like new. No mistaking it if you get one.
    08-31-09 06:43 PM
    It's apparently getting low. I called to get a replacement today (trackball issues) and at first he said he had no replacements in stock. Then, after a minute or two of him searching, he did find one for me. If my assumption is correct then I bet they're gonna start refurbing and sending out the returns as replacements soon.
    You called Verizon and they said this?
    08-31-09 06:44 PM
    Sending out refurbished devices?! This is ludicrous!! I effing paid retail prize for a brand new device... because of their carelessness, I don't expect a refurbished device...
    08-31-09 06:46 PM
    You called Verizon and they said this?
    Yes, at first the CS rep I spoke with (over the phone) said they didn't have any replacements in stock. After a couple of minutes of searching though he found one.
    08-31-09 06:51 PM
    Sending out refurbished devices?! This is ludicrous!! I effing paid retail prize for a brand new device... because of their carelessness, I don't expect a refurbished device...
    Agreed.... I don't like this practice either. While it does save them money and may be perfectly good phones, I would rather a new phone as well. But, as you know, new phones can have the same problems refurb'd phones have. So, it's a risk either way you look at it.

In most cases, the electronics of these refurb'd phones are new - just everything else is used. This is about as updated as it gets! Especially, when it comes to physical problems like trackball tracking issues and the like.
    08-31-09 07:02 PM
    I just had my tour replaced due to the trackball issue. I called sprint on the 31st day of owning it and they were happy to replace it.... With a referb! OH **** NO!! As soon as I un boxed it I called and told them if I wanted a referbed unit I would have bought if off Craigs List. Once again customer Retention fixed the prob and UPS'ed overnight a new in box tour. Moral of this story... After you have your phone for 30 days Sprint sends referbs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 07:11 PM
    i just got my referb tour this afternoon and my trackball on it is worse than my original tour by far....all cs told me was to adjust my sensitivity on it and i have it at 90 and theyre not gonna send me another one cause the adjustment helped some...
    08-31-09 08:37 PM
    i just got my referb tour this afternoon and my trackball on it is worse than my original tour by far....all cs told me was to adjust my sensitivity on it and i have it at 90 and theyre not gonna send me another one cause the adjustment helped some...
    Just call back and say its getting even worse now and they will send you another refurb
    08-31-09 08:51 PM
    If I were you, I'd write the complaint department. Continue to call them back everyday insisting that you're not a satisfied customer.
    08-31-09 08:52 PM
    If I were you, I'd write the complaint department. Continue to call them back everyday insisting that you're not a satisfied customer.
    Unfortunately, it's pretty clearly stated in VZW's Return Policy that if you're outside your 30 day return window and you have a problem with your device, they'll send you a Certified Like New Replacement (aka refurb). We all signed this as part of our service agreement, so I'm not sure how much traction sending a letter of complaint will get you.

Personally, I don't care if I get a CLNR or a new device as long as it works properly. My first and hopefully only replacement Tour is supposed to arrive tomorrow, so we'll see if my opinions on CLNR devices still holds once I get the new one activated...
    08-31-09 09:19 PM
    In my experience-any refurb or replacement I've ever gotten (have gotten a lot of them!) Were always flawless...never received a refurm with scratches or any signs of prior use...has anyone received a phone that was obviously previously used? Dosent certified refurb mean "like-new"?

08-31-09 09:28 PM
    In my experience-any refurb or replacement I've ever gotten (have gotten a lot of them!) Were always flawless...never received a refurm with scratches or any signs of prior use...has anyone received a phone that was obviously previously used? Dosent certified refurb mean "like-new"?

[/I]

It sure does. "Like-new" is even in the name!
    08-31-09 09:37 PM
    Where do the Certified Like-New come from compared to the New ones. C/S stated I was getting a brand new one and it is coming from PA where the refurb I received came from TX. Is this how it is or do they ship them from where they have them? Thanks
    08-31-09 09:57 PM
    Where do the Certified Like-New come from compared to the New ones. C/S stated I was getting a brand new one and it is coming from PA where the refurb I received came from TX. Is this how it is or do they ship them from where they have them? Thanks
    Sounds about right for east coast customers. My new phones always come from PA. When I get a refurb sent to me, it always comes from Texas.
    08-31-09 10:43 PM
    Thern what does it matter if the phone is a refurb or not? If it looks the same as a brand new one out of the box-a refurm sounds even better-new replaced and certified parts

[/I]

It sure does. "Like-new" is even in the name!
    08-31-09 10:57 PM
    Looks like I'll be getting a CLNR (Certified Like New Replacement). As long as it's in perfect or near perfect shape (cosmetically speaking) and the trackball works as it should I'll be happy.
    09-01-09 07:21 PM
    mine will be here tomorrow as well..trackball issues here.
    09-01-09 07:46 PM
    I just got my Tour today and I am on the phone now getting the return authorization. The trackball was terrible from the minute I turned on the phone and got worse as the day went on. Pretty disappointed to say the least. The phone I received was manufactured on 8/11/09. I'm just going to chill for a few months and hope RIM can get their act together and get these phones right. I refuse to go through the hassle of returning and praying I get a good phone. Back to the trusty 8330.
    09-01-09 08:21 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD