Does anyone else want to just smash this phone to the ground ?? I'm on my 4th tour, got it friday, I can hear great , the screen is perfect, but today the trackball started to give me problems. It's loose and it sticks and it just jiggles around. I have wasted so much time on this phone in the last 2 weeks. I will never get a newly released phone. I will wait at least 6 months or so. :-)
    I hope I'm not alone out there. This phone CAN BE awesome. If you are lucky enought to get a fully functioning one that stays fully functioning.
    Oh well either back to my beloved pink 8330 or maybe a Storm. Hmmmmmm....
    Thanks for listening !

Danielle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:46 PM
    well id go back to the 8330 and wait for the storm 2 if i were you... but thats just me
    08-31-09 12:47 PM
    I will definetly wait a long time to get that phone !!

08-31-09 01:14 PM
    Yeah go back to the 8330 if you're going back. Sucks you've had problems. I'm still on my 1st phone i got couple weeks after launch
    08-31-09 01:16 PM
    just put a Curve trackball in it
    08-31-09 01:18 PM
    still on my first, got it a week after launch with no problems but i feel bad for those that have had them cause i am sure they are frustrating
    08-31-09 01:21 PM
    Some people have some really bad luck.

If you are going to do anything, I advise do anything BUT go to a Storm. If you think your Tour has problems ...
    08-31-09 01:23 PM
    you've gone this far, why not give it another try... I'd call CS and demand a new one, right outta the RIM box. No refurnb! There are new batches now from RIM so you should get a new Tour that has this kinks out. Worked for me. Good luck
    08-31-09 01:26 PM
    Some people have some really bad luck.

If you are going to do anything, I advise do anything BUT go to a Storm. If you think your Tour has problems ...
    I went through 2 tours before giving up. Got a storm and couldn't be happier.
    08-31-09 01:37 PM
    The Tours have been corrected for about 2 weeks now. No known problem on the new batches now... just for your information..

if you were to get some kind of other phone, DO NOT get a storm, by far the worst blackberry to date.
    08-31-09 01:46 PM
    sorry but no problems here either...representing since 9 A.M. 7.13.09 launch day with NO issues what so ever
    08-31-09 01:53 PM
    The majority of people have good working phones. Just make them give you a phone manufactured in Canada and your good to go man.
    08-31-09 01:58 PM
    I guess this is just the story of my life. :-( I have been getting new Tours. My original puchase was august 14th. I just hate wasting all this time. Wish I was one of the lucky one bc I do love this phone. Maybe I will try just 1 more time.

08-31-09 02:12 PM
    Still on my first, I've had it for over a month now. I certainly don't plan on smashing it on the ground. Sorry for your bad luck.
    08-31-09 02:27 PM
    don't listen to the ppl talking about storm problems lol those have been gone for quite a while, as a matter of fact the only one i hear about now is the click being uneven but that will be remedied with the new hardware the storm 2 has. in all honesty though, we wont know what problems the storm 2 may launch with like the tour did... but if you could handle waiting that would be your best bet IMO
    08-31-09 02:28 PM
    Yea go back to the 8330 and wait for the Storm 2 or simply jus wait a lil longer until they ship Tours that are fully functional lol
    08-31-09 02:32 PM
    lol @ waiting for the Storm2---yeah, cause THAT should be flawless
    08-31-09 02:35 PM
    I've had mine for exactly one month. My battery door is slightly loose and it kinda freezes on me when i'm on the internet and i go back to my home screen to do something like check texts. besides the fact i have a lot of apps on it, i don't have more than 2 running simultaneously (beyond what has to run in the background). I called verizon yesterday and got my $50 credit for the price drop without a problem. I also tried telling them about the issues I was having. The woman told me I could go to a verizon store and they would swap it out for a NEW phone...no questions asked. I get there and the deuche behind the counter took my phone, went behind some closed doors to look at it and came back. he told me that i had a lot of applications and that's why it was running slow. he also cleared my internet history (which I do at LEAST weekly) and said there is NOTHING wrong with the phone. I told him i don't run many apps at once and I have tons of memory (95-120 kb normally), but he still told me that there was nothing wrong with my phone. well this just pissed me off so I left and called customer service. i reported the the representative behind the counter. not because he told me i was wrong, but because he was not nice about it. he didn't even take the time to consider my issues. the new rep i spoke to had me do something with the routing tables and told me to try it and if there were more problems that i can call tech support and then go to a store and get a new phone. i haven't experienced anything that really changed the way the system was running, but it isn't that bad. the battery door kinda bugs me but i'm thinking that i don't want to exchange my tour, which is working pretty well, for another one which may have issues. i'll prob just end up staying with this one and if there are any problems they have all the complaints on file. today is my 30th day with the phone so I guess we'll see.
    08-31-09 02:38 PM
    lol @ waiting for the Storm2---yeah, cause THAT should be flawless
    cant have many more flaws than the tour had
    08-31-09 02:38 PM
    I've had mine for exactly one month. My battery door is slightly loose and it kinda freezes on me when i'm on the internet and i go back to my home screen to do something like check texts. besides the fact i have a lot of apps on it, i don't have more than 2 running simultaneously (beyond what has to run in the background). I called verizon yesterday and got my $50 credit for the price drop without a problem. I also tried telling them about the issues I was having. The woman told me I could go to a verizon store and they would swap it out for a NEW phone...no questions asked. I get there and the deuche behind the counter took my phone, went behind some closed doors to look at it and came back. he told me that i had a lot of applications and that's why it was running slow. he also cleared my internet history (which I do at LEAST weekly) and said there is NOTHING wrong with the phone. I told him i don't run many apps at once and I have tons of memory (95-120 kb normally), but he still told me that there was nothing wrong with my phone. well this just pissed me off so I left and called customer service. i reported the the representative behind the counter. not because he told me i was wrong, but because he was not nice about it. he didn't even take the time to consider my issues. the new rep i spoke to had me do something with the routing tables and told me to try it and if there were more problems that i can call tech support and then go to a store and get a new phone. i haven't experienced anything that really changed the way the system was running, but it isn't that bad. the battery door kinda bugs me but i'm thinking that i don't want to exchange my tour, which is working pretty well, for another one which may have issues. i'll prob just end up staying with this one and if there are any problems they have all the complaints on file. today is my 30th day with the phone so I guess we'll see.
    i would say if those are the only problems you have then they arent that bad and the slowness should be fixed when the next official OS drops.. as for the battery door i have heard that adding some type of protective case completely fixes that so if you can find one you like you might give that a shot.
    08-31-09 02:50 PM
    ^Really the Tour didn't have many flaws. Loose battery doors and defective trackballs. The Storm is just a bad device period still to this day.
    08-31-09 02:53 PM
    ^Really the Tour didn't have many flaws. Loose battery doors and defective trackballs. The Storm is just a bad device period still to this day.
    And what exactly makes the storm bad to this day? the first impression? idk bout you but if I bought a phone that uses the trackball as the main source to operate the phone and it didn't work I'd call that a major flaw, plus having to go through 5+ devices is pretty horrible. of course this isnt like palm pre flaws but its still a flaw nonetheless. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my storm btw, it works exactly how it is supposed to so it isn't a bad device by any means.
    08-31-09 03:06 PM
    Does anyone else want to just smash this phone to the ground ?? I'm on my 4th tour, got it friday, I can hear great , the screen is perfect, but today the trackball started to give me problems. It's loose and it sticks and it just jiggles around. I have wasted so much time on this phone in the last 2 weeks. I will never get a newly released phone. I will wait at least 6 months or so. :-)
    I hope I'm not alone out there. This phone CAN BE awesome. If you are lucky enought to get a fully functioning one that stays fully functioning.
    Oh well either back to my beloved pink 8330 or maybe a Storm. Hmmmmmm....
    Thanks for listening !

Danielle

I'm on my 4th as well. Thus far no complaints. *knock on wood*
    08-31-09 03:31 PM
    I got my tour 2 weeks after launch and i never had any problems..

Sometimes i wonder if everything is really ok or i was lucky?
    08-31-09 03:39 PM
    cant have many more flaws than the tour had
    yeah right. a new click feature. i would wait 6 months before getting the storm 2 as well.

i have com to grips with the fact that i dont want to be a beta tester for rim so i wait about 6 months to a year before getting a new device.

storm 2 will have just as many if not more issues than the storm 1 and/or the tour.

my suggestion is when the storm 2 comes out buy the tour. the problems with the storm 2 will take just as long to fix as the problems with the storm 1 did. about 6 months
    08-31-09 03:49 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD