(Searched but did not find and answer)

Why won't the SMS window let me type in the space as I used to prior to 191

I don't like typing in that tiny little space where the smiley is. Defeats the whole purpose of a big screen.

BTW. E-mails still work the old way ??
    08-31-09 12:19 PM
    Anyone. Bump.
    08-31-09 02:29 PM
    Yep, emails are supposed to be a page...the whole point of emails is being formatted, sms are just a string a text, and very simple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 02:49 PM
    Yep, emails are supposed to be a page...the whole point of emails is being formatted, sms are just a string a text, and very simple.

Well that's a lame answer. If that is so then why could we do it prior to .191

Must be a way to get that back. In fact the whole new SMS screen sux. I much preferred the prior threading view.
    08-31-09 03:11 PM
    Well that's a lame answer. If that is so then why could we do it prior to .191

Must be a way to get that back. In fact the whole new SMS screen sux. I much preferred the prior threading view.
    I agree by the time they filled the whole screen GUI it is not as functional now. Add the Keyboard, the fancy text box and the wayyy too big name header at the top I am lucky if I can see the text I am replying to in the mini window left over(landscape that is). This means that between every text I have to close the keyboard, scroll back to the bottom(Thanks flick scrolling for jumping to the top as soon as you touch the screen instead of continuing from where it opens at). Read, then click in the reply window(Now when the keyboard opens up it has lost it's place and I have to scroll again to see the last text if needed)
    I honestly do like the idea of an IM style thread, even the Yahoo app is now based off the new BBM except it works right! The header is smaller in height allowing more room for conversation text. The conversation doesn't jump all when opening and closing the keyboard and it doesn't make you feel the need to close the keyboard to read the next incoming reply.
    08-31-09 10:04 PM
    You all b*tch because the phone didn't have threaded SMS, now you got it and you are still finding cr*p to b*tch about WTF.
    08-31-09 10:08 PM
    Threaded sms is awesome .... Its a BETA os! Don't complain! It does need work...
    Shows that there heading in the right direction!

09-01-09 12:32 AM
    You all b*tch because the phone didn't have threaded SMS, now you got it and you are still finding cr*p to b*tch about WTF.
    True Story, It would makes sense if it was a mild complaint but the guy that started this thread has 2 seperate threads whining about the same exact thing. It is quite pointless.
    09-01-09 12:40 AM
    Seriously dude. Its a BETA. They will probably change the size of the title bar. This was never supposed to go public, so there's always bound to be some "we can fix that later"s floating around in it. And the beautiful thing about it is...if you really hate it that much, you can always remove it. CTFO

09-01-09 01:35 AM
    Seriously dude. Its a BETA. They will probably change the size of the title bar. This was never supposed to go public, so there's always bound to be some "we can fix that later"s floating around in it. And the beautiful thing about it is...if you really hate it that much, you can always remove it. CTFO

you'll get used to him, he crys about everything
    09-01-09 02:03 AM
    I love 191 personally it has been amazing no calling errors and its only rebooted once so far.
    09-01-09 02:44 AM
    I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahhaha anyways u just need to learn how to use it even if it is a beta its awesome. However it does look like ur in an IM session which is kinda weird but i like it i can click on one person and it shows all the txts ive sent them
    09-01-09 02:50 AM
    I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahhahhaha anyways u just need to learn how to use it even if it is a beta its awesome. However it does look like ur in an IM session which is kinda weird but i like it i can click on one person and it shows all the txts ive sent them
    yep, this completely removes accidentally texting someone the wrong text due to clutter
    09-01-09 10:52 AM
    i hate threaded sms its the worst ever and RIM sucks and iphone and yadayadda im gettin tired of repeating myself, how many of these threads are there?
    09-01-09 10:59 AM

I don't like typing in that tiny little space where the smiley is. Defeats the whole purpose of a big screen.

First of all, I don't understand why there are people who hate it. I think its great and I enjoy using the threaded sms. Great job RIM! Second, I don't believe the same guy started a whole new thread on the same thing as the other thread he started. Lol! Honestly, just downgrade and hope/ask lyricidal or oak to make a hybrid with the original format or something

09-01-09 11:07 AM
    First of all, I don't understand why there are people who hate it. I think its great and I enjoy using the threaded sms. Great job RIM! Second, I don't believe the same guy started a whole new thread on the same thing as the other thread he started. Lol! Honestly, just downgrade and hope/ask lyricidal or oak to make a hybrid with the original format or something

LOL, I also commented on him making 2 of the exact same thread, it's kinda ******** IMO.
    09-01-09 11:21 AM
    this thread is soooooooo useless that its is begging for a threadjack,

*NEW TOPIC* Hows the weather in your part of the country?

Im in New Jersey and it is gorgeous, low humidity and a very comfortable temperature.
    09-01-09 11:33 AM
    this thread is soooooooo useless that its is begging for a threadjack,

*NEW TOPIC* Hows the weather in your part of the country?

Im in New Jersey and it is gorgeous, low humidity and a very comfortable temperature.
    Here in Milwaukee it's about 72degress and sunny. I might go for a drive later in fact
    09-01-09 11:35 AM
    Screw the new SMS. They made it way to much like BBM.. They have a border at the top of the screen with the persons name and pic.. why do i need to see a picture when I'm texting someone? and why do i need to see the name when its all over the threaded texts. GET RID OF THE TOP BORDER. Makes everything way to cluttered.. Get rid of the new SMS or make it a option to turn it back the other way. we already have a BBM we don't need another one...

ps i don't want to hear no **** about downgrading
    09-01-09 11:58 AM
    why in sms i cant type in the space between two words
    09-01-09 02:05 PM
    why in sms i cant type in the space between two words
    if im understanding correctly...you can move the cursor wherever you want or click the screen where you want to type and it moves the cursor there
    09-01-09 02:08 PM
    Screw the new SMS. They made it way to much like BBM.. They have a border at the top of the screen with the persons name and pic.. why do i need to see a picture when I'm texting someone? and why do i need to see the name when its all over the threaded texts. GET RID OF THE TOP BORDER. Makes everything way to cluttered.. Get rid of the new SMS or make it a option to turn it back the other way. we already have a BBM we don't need another one...

ps i don't want to hear no **** about downgrading
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! Is this exact same response seriously in 2 different threads? This is definitely not the way to get people to take you seriously on CB buddy.

ps why don't you downgrade?
    09-01-09 02:09 PM

I feel the same way. They need to get rid of the top border to make more room
    09-01-09 02:21 PM
    ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?! Is this exact same response seriously in 2 different threads? This is definitely not the way to get people to take you seriously on CB buddy.

ps why don't you downgrade?
    Why do you care what i write??? Damn do you respond to everyone or what? lol every thread/post i see you putting your two cents in...
    09-01-09 02:23 PM
    Why do you care what i write??? Damn do you respond to everyone or what? lol every thread/post i see you putting your two cents in...
    Again with the arrogance, You act as though you are important, sadly you are mistaken. I was merely pointing out something that I noticed howarmat pointed out as well, the fact you copy and pasted the exact same reply in two different threads, that is quite sad. now I will ask again, please please please, take your ritalin before responding in the future
    09-01-09 02:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD