Anyone tried it with the Tour? I am rough on phones, so I will need a good protective case. If not the Otterbox, any other suggestions?
    08-31-09 11:22 AM
    08-31-09 11:23 AM
    Incipio Silicrylic
    08-31-09 11:30 AM
    Otterbox is great, but is bulky. Seidio II case is also very good.
    08-31-09 11:33 AM
    I am using the otterbox with my Tour. Yeah, it doubled the size of the tour, but I am very hard on my electronics as well (my wife will confirm that). I have already dropped it 3 times and scraped along a wall once. I feel good knowing that my Tour is well protected....short of dropping it in a puddle...or jumping into a pool (which I have done with my previous phone).
    08-31-09 01:01 PM
    Is anyone having any issues with the otterbox on their tour? It constantly puts the phone to sleep and can only be awakened by holding the trackball down for a few seconds. Also, when typing a long number I can normally hold down alt and type the full number but with the otterbox on I have to press alt then the 1st number then release all buttons then press alt and the next number then release ....etc.
    08-31-09 02:21 PM
    I hate these big bulky cases, but I would be pretty certain if I wanted the ultimate protection, I would go with an Otterbox. Mine are always naked.
    08-31-09 02:41 PM
    I've got an Otterbox Defender on my tour and I love it. Their Impact case is excellent as well.
    08-31-09 02:57 PM
    id go with the 360 before the otterbox. way to bulky
    08-31-09 02:59 PM
    Is anyone having any issues with the otterbox on their tour? It constantly puts the phone to sleep and can only be awakened by holding the trackball down for a few seconds. Also, when typing a long number I can normally hold down alt and type the full number but with the otterbox on I have to press alt then the 1st number then release all buttons then press alt and the next number then release ....etc.
    Is this problem with the defender case? I ordered one last week and hope I don't have the same problems.
    08-31-09 03:16 PM
    I just took a relook at mine and tested...I dont have these problems with my tour in the otterbox
    08-31-09 03:18 PM
    Is this problem with the defender case? I ordered one last week and hope I don't have the same problems.
    The issues have been fixed with the revised case by OtterBox. After my review, which is the link supplied above with the videos, I contacted my rep up at OtterBox who made the CS/QA/R&D teams aware of the findings of sticky keys and other things.

They fixed the issue and sent everyone new, revised OtterBoxes when they made them.

If you ordered it AFTER the last post on that thread, contact OtterBox, they MAY switch it out. If you ordered it BEFORE, then you probably got one of the originals and have the issue. In that case, contact them and they'll help you out but you'll have to provide some proof to them like a reciept, pictures, etc.

IT IS FIXED WITH THE NEW CASE THOUGH!
    08-31-09 03:24 PM
    I just took a relook at mine and tested...I dont have these problems with my tour in the otterbox
    That makesme feel a lil better.
    08-31-09 03:25 PM
    I got my Defender on Friday. As others have said, sure it's bulky but you won't find better protection for your beloved BB. I absolutely love it and will never go naked again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 03:40 PM
    use code CES2009 when ordering. should still work. you will love the case.
    08-31-09 05:26 PM
    I like my otterbox but it is harder to hear now than before.
    08-31-09 05:29 PM
    The issues have been fixed with the revised case by OtterBox. After my review, which is the link supplied above with the videos, I contacted my rep up at OtterBox who made the CS/QA/R&D teams aware of the findings of sticky keys and other things.

They fixed the issue and sent everyone new, revised OtterBoxes when they made them.

If you ordered it AFTER the last post on that thread, contact OtterBox, they MAY switch it out. If you ordered it BEFORE, then you probably got one of the originals and have the issue. In that case, contact them and they'll help you out but you'll have to provide some proof to them like a reciept, pictures, etc.

IT IS FIXED WITH THE NEW CASE THOUGH!
    I had an otterbox for my storm and it made hearing very difficult. Now that I have a Tour I'll more than likely get another otterbox.

Beings Im going to order my OB off Ebay how would I know if the OB I purchased is the revised model?

Thanks
    09-03-09 05:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD