Newb= a person willing to learn and may even be slow on the pick up.

Noob= a person who doesn't even try and expects you to do everything short of push the buttons.

NEITHER OF THESE HAS TO DO WITH THE ABILITY TO USE SEARCH!

Please use the correct terms you newbs.

oh on topic: The storm is a good phone but I think I'll jump back to winmo when 6.5 comes out.
    08-31-09 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the quick lesson on the proper use of the word newb and noob.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 12:04 PM
    lots of noob stuff lately.

I think people here are prejudiced against noobs. A lot of noobism on this site. You might be a noobist as well.

I haven't been here a year yet, so I'm still a rookie, a noob no matter how you spell it. I resent the demeaning tone of all the anti-noob topics. That's where it begins. Dehumanize those you feel are different. Next you'll be promoting your noobism, wearing your noobist t-shirts, passing out antinoob literature, staging antinoob rallies, promoting candidates from the noobist party. Noobs such as yourself turn on other noobs to try to protect themselves. Children report parents to the anti-noob squads. We need to fight this noobist fascism.

Tolerance my friend, tolerance is the cure.
    08-31-09 12:13 PM
    Is this from ur point of view? 'Cause I never thought of the 2 as being different, Noob i consider just more of a slang for Newb. When ever i join a forum i always call myself a Noob but i always try to figure things out on my own.

Chris from ny, where in NY u from?

Also, I came from WinMo, and I don't think I woudl ever go back to that over BB. Yea the Storm isn't up to par as we all expected, but the Storm 2 is def. going to b a step up. But each person have a different pref and different needs when it comes to a phone
    Last edited by tvith; 08-31-09 at 12:45 PM.
    08-31-09 12:42 PM
    lots of noob stuff lately.

I think people here are prejudiced against noobs. A lot of noobism on this site. You might be a noobist as well.

I haven't been here a year yet, so I'm still a rookie, a noob no matter how you spell it. I resent the demeaning tone of all the anti-noob topics. That's where it begins. Dehumanize those you feel are different. Next you'll be promoting your noobism, wearing your noobist t-shirts, passing out antinoob literature, staging antinoob rallies, promoting candidates from the noobist party. Noobs such as yourself turn on other noobs to try to protect themselves. Children report parents to the anti-noob squads. We need to fight this noobist fascism.

Tolerance my friend, tolerance is the cure.
    well put. Can't we all jus get along?

08-31-09 12:45 PM
    Is this from ur point of view? 'Cause I never thought of the 2 as being different, Noob i consider just more of a slang for Newb. When ever i join a forum i always call myself a Noob but i always try to figure things out on my own.

Chris from ny, where in NY u from?

Also, I came from WinMo, and I don't think I woudl ever go back to that over BB. Yea the Storm isn't up to par as we all expected, but the Storm 2 is def. going to b a step up. But each person have a different pref and different needs when it comes to a phone
    From the bronx. And I to am I "noob" or "newb".

08-31-09 12:47 PM
    I always thought both were 'internet' abbrieviations for newbie.

Newbie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which boils down to someone being new at something.
    08-31-09 01:17 PM
    From the bronx. And I to am I "noob" or "newb".

O no way, i work there..such a small world
    08-31-09 01:23 PM
    I always thought both were 'internet' abbrieviations for newbie.

Newbie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

which boils down to someone being new at something.

+1, that's exactly wat i was trying to say in my first post, but realized i didn't quiet say it that way lol.
    Last edited by tvith; 08-31-09 at 02:08 PM.
    08-31-09 01:24 PM
    Yes and Ni**** is a term that is defined at a person who is at a social disadvantage.

*** is a smoke
    ***** is strange.

Noob=negative
    Newb/ie = not negative.
    08-31-09 02:35 PM
    n00b = ignorant, not willing to learn how to do something for themselves, just want the answer to be handed to them

newbie = new to the community, will learn and take advice, and contribute to the community as a whole
    08-31-09 04:27 PM
    n00b = ignorant, not willing to learn how to do something for themselves, just want the answer to be handed to them

newbie = new to the community, will learn and take advice, and contribute to the community as a whole
    Patches is right
    08-31-09 09:31 PM
    of course i'm right!

i'm the master n00b wrangler!
    08-31-09 09:48 PM
    i'm right?

i'm patches152!

Edit FTW?
    09-04-09 03:01 PM
    well being patches152 doesn't instantly make you right, there needs to be a certain level of ninja knowledge included...

but awesome picture....
    09-04-09 04:07 PM
    well being patches152 doesn't instantly make you right, there needs to be a certain level of ninja knowledge included...

but awesome picture....
    Yeah Archangel has to post first for patches to agree.

Then everyone agrees with patches.
    09-04-09 04:59 PM
    yep. that's exactly right...
    09-04-09 05:01 PM
    yep. that's exactly right...
    Are you really running .148? *sees your device model*
    09-04-09 06:20 PM
    why yes, yes i am...

i'm considering loading the new 4.7 build, but i don't really have a need to do so, no issues with what i'm running...and it's nice that an official OS can be used without any major issues
    09-04-09 06:22 PM
    why yes, yes i am...

i'm considering loading the new 4.7 build, but i don't really have a need to do so, no issues with what i'm running...and it's nice that an official OS can be used without any major issues
    Let's hijack this thread.

.148 was pretty nice considering that it was a solid build. I am thinking of changing back to it but flick scrolling and threaded SMS work quite nicely... however flick scrolling is a bit weak/slow. I want to be able to customize it. I might jump off the 5.0 leaks until 5.0 is supported. I am dying to see what they are changing with the camera. There are still several places that RIM could improve - Are they ever going to optimize graphic acceleration? To me, it is like running windows 98 on a new computer - The computer could be so much more powerful.
    09-04-09 06:31 PM
    yeah i like the stability, memory isn't an issue because i'm an app stickler...and i erase inboxes regularly...can you tell i owned a pearl? lol

as far as improvements, i'm pretty happy with the direction things are going in now, i'm just upset with how long the process takes. everything with RIM seems to take forever, and idk if i'll have the patience to stick around and wait, might have to go find some strange for a bit...if you know what i mean
    09-04-09 06:54 PM
    yeah i like the stability, memory isn't an issue because i'm an app stickler...and i erase inboxes regularly...can you tell i owned a pearl? lol

as far as improvements, i'm pretty happy with the direction things are going in now, i'm just upset with how long the process takes. everything with RIM seems to take forever, and idk if i'll have the patience to stick around and wait, might have to go find some strange for a bit...if you know what i mean
    That's why I am probably not going to get the Storm 2 - By the time that it is finished, Storm 3 will be coming along. I want RIM to make a model that completely ditches the four physical buttons as well as sure press. At least, they could work with synaptics and use pressure detectors instead of clicking. I love the storm but I want it to have a larger screen and sleeker look...
    09-04-09 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD