I was just on a friends tour and she had bbm 4.7....

is there any way to get that for the 8900???

it looks so much better....

i do not wanna use 5.0 beta until its official....
    08-31-09 10:50 AM
    I guess you could try using the Tours BBM COD files. Doubt it will work but it won't hurt to try.
    08-31-09 11:02 AM
    i have 5.0.0.190 installed, amazing OS and it have 4.7 & threaded texting
    08-31-09 03:27 PM
    Why not skip 4.7 ad jump to 5.0?
    08-31-09 04:12 PM
    Why not skip 4.7 ad jump to 5.0?
    i dont want to use betas until they are official....
    08-31-09 07:18 PM
    Good call. LOTSA mixed reports on the 5.0 betas and conflicts with 3rd party apps.
    08-31-09 07:43 PM
    The only problems I've experienced with 5.0 was the installation process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 10:01 PM
    BBM 5.0 works fine for 99.9% of us so just upgrade.
    08-31-09 10:15 PM
    BBM 5.0 works fine for 99.9% of us so just upgrade.
    i concur. in the beginning there were delivery issues. but im sure it was a RIM server issue because it was soon followed with a RIM data outtage. i havent had any problems with 5.0 since the beta was leaked. and im sure most people here are using it now and have since seen most of the delivery issues go away. and even then, i was maybe the only one of all my friends that had delivery issues. just download 5.0, theres no probs with it anymore.
    09-01-09 12:06 AM
    I wish i could get bbm 5.0 on .190
    09-01-09 12:08 AM
    i concur. in the beginning there were delivery issues. but im sure it was a RIM server issue because it was soon followed with a RIM data outtage. i havent had any problems with 5.0 since the beta was leaked. and im sure most people here are using it now and have since seen most of the delivery issues go away. and even then, i was maybe the only one of all my friends that had delivery issues. just download 5.0, theres no probs with it anymore.
    Agree, first 2 weeks had some problems but after that not a single one, I've shared BBM5 links w some of my friends and they r really happy w it and not a single problems so far. But I think is a personal call what kind of sofware to use.

09-01-09 12:13 AM
    People complain about problems with BBM on almost a daily basis here in this forum. Use this at your own risk. I suggest that you do not use it.
    09-01-09 12:15 AM
    no probs with bbm 5.0 for me
    09-01-09 01:20 AM
    I have about 60 people on my BBM and all are running 5.0 and there are no issues. Upgrade and see for yourself.
    09-01-09 01:27 AM
    When the guy has problems, you guys suggesting that he install it make sure you are around to assist the OP in fixing their device.
    09-01-09 01:43 AM
    When the guy has problems, you guys suggesting that he install it make sure you are around to assist the OP in fixing their device.
    guys its a stupid debate. the people with the problems probably installed it wrong in the first place. i agree there arent many problems with it at all now. and when people first installed it when it first came out they used DM. there was a huge margin of error with installing it. if you didnt have all the proper files installed or fully removed the old ones, it created errors left and right. now that the OTA links came out, that user installation margin of error decreased and people are quite happy with bbm5.0.

and the OTA download link to BBM4.6 has been floating around the forums for quite some time now. so reverting back to 4.6 wont be a huge problem. its not like hes gonna be doomed with a bricked phone from downloading bbm5.0.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 09-01-09 at 02:53 AM.
    09-01-09 02:49 AM
    guys its a stupid debate. the people with the problems probably installed it wrong in the first place. i agree there arent many problems with it at all now. and when people first installed it when it first came out they used DM. there was a huge margin of error with installing it. if you didnt have all the proper files installed or fully removed the old ones, it created errors left and right. now that the OTA links came out, that user installation margin of error decreased and people are quite happy with bbm5.0.

and the OTA download link to BBM4.6 has been floating around the forums for quite some time now. so reverting back to 4.6 wont be a huge problem. its not like hes gonna be doomed with a bricked phone from downloading bbm5.0.
    Awesome, it sounds like we have a volunteer.
    09-01-09 10:58 AM
    I just upgraded to BBM 5.0 and I hate it.. Well I don't hate it but the text is too big. Any way to change the font size??

The ota download worked perfectly..

09-01-09 11:41 AM
    quick question on BBM 5 - on my Pearl, I had options for color backgrounds, & could color my font for my threaded conversations. On my Tour, I don't see any options like this. Is anybody else having this problem? Is this a Tour issue? BBM issue? Will this be taken care of w/OS 5.0?

Thanks for your help.
    09-01-09 12:03 PM
    The smartest thing I've heard anyone say in a while! Cheers to you!
    09-01-09 12:09 PM
    The smartest thing I've heard anyone say in a while! Cheers to you!
    Thanks Guy!!

and thanks to all for your replies... beleive me i love new software, and ive been dying to try 5.0....
    im just a stickler for using official software... in fact i waited until rogers released .250 for the 8900 even though it was official for other cariers...

ill use BBM5.0 once OS 5.0 is available officially.... but right now i just wanted to see if you could get bbm4.7 seperatly... i guess you need OS 4.7 to get it.... (which is on the tour)

guess i just have to wait... but all these claims of no problems is tempting...

where are all these OTA links you speak of????
    09-03-09 05:42 PM
    BBM5 was nothing but problems for me. It kept on blocking the text entry field, so the text I was typing, just stayed white, and it would only fix itself once it crashed and re-started.

I went back to 4.6 needless to say.
    09-03-09 06:26 PM
    09-03-09 10:32 PM

are they official??? or beta
    09-04-09 03:12 PM
    and would i have to delete 4.6 first?
    09-04-09 04:21 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD