I have a 8220 that I was attempting to downgrade the OS to the T-Mobile .180 version OS from a beta OS. I have loaded a few different operating systems on this phone with no issue until this time.

Every time I try to run the Apploader, it gets to where it starts to install the cod's and then stops and gives me a fatal error message. I have tried every method I could find including:

using Jl-Cmder to wipe it

adjusting the power options on my PC for the USB Root Hubs

beginning installation without the battery

using the online updater

switching PC's

uninstalling then reinstalling all blackberry software

I don't know what else to do! If I have missed something, please let me know.

Details:

I keep getting the 507 and 561 errors on the phone which I know indicates no presence of an OS

phone hasn't been dropped, gotten wet, or taken apart

exact error message received every time "Errors: Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"
    08-31-09 02:39 AM
    I have a 8220 that I was attempting to downgrade the OS to the T-Mobile .180 version OS from a beta OS. I have loaded a few different operating systems on this phone with no issue until this time.

Every time I try to run the Apploader, it gets to where it starts to install the cod's and then stops and gives me a fatal error message. I have tried every method I could find including:

using Jl-Cmder to wipe it

adjusting the power options on my PC for the USB Root Hubs

beginning installation without the battery

using the online updater

switching PC's

uninstalling then reinstalling all blackberry software

I don't know what else to do! If I have missed something, please let me know.

Details:

I keep getting the 507 and 561 errors on the phone which I know indicates no presence of an OS

phone hasn't been dropped, gotten wet, or taken apart

exact error message received every time "Errors: Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"
    did you try reinstalling the leaked OS you had to see if maybe you have a faulty 180 downloaded OS? or tried redownloading the os file?
    08-31-09 09:52 AM
    Can you run a back up? If you've been using DM then you should have some OS's saved somewhere. The only OS I know that is the most stable and works well is .278 from Indosat. My unit has been working flawless for like a month now no reboots batt pulls etc... Crossing fingers
    08-31-09 10:01 AM
    did you try the sticky on the first thread,make sure its for the bb 8220,read it carefully,it took me a couple of times to get it right.I found the best thing to do is download the OS install it on your PC then disconnect from the internet use the download manager for your BB and it should pickup the .278 OS then install it on your BB 8220 then your good to go.
    08-31-09 11:23 AM
    Ok, I'm downloading the .278 OS right now. Every beta that I have tried so far has locked up with text messaging (granted, I would take that over a bricked phone any day!). I was curious if you had any issues with that since you've installed it.

*Fingers crossed that this works.*
    08-31-09 11:30 PM
    Ok, I'm downloading the .278 OS right now. Every beta that I have tried so far has locked up with text messaging (granted, I would take that over a bricked phone any day!). I was curious if you had any issues with that since you've installed it.

*Fingers crossed that this works.*
    ohh thats easy.... remove the cod files for tmo fav 5 and it will not lock up on texting ever and yes fav 5 that you have set ( if you do have that) will still be your fav 5.
    09-01-09 08:46 AM
    Had a similar issue, but started a new thread to deal with it.
    Last edited by adamryb; 09-03-09 at 09:43 PM.
    09-01-09 02:18 PM
    Ok, sorry it took so long to get back.

I tried to install the .278 os and still had no luck. Still fails while loading the .cod's. It will load a few and then fails. I gave up for a while but now I'm back trying to get my 8220 kicking! Can't stand the old replacement I'm using right now!
    09-19-09 11:48 PM
    Well, I finally fixed it! I figured out a method that I haven't seen talked about anywhere. I plan on writing a post on what I did with step-by-step instructions.
    09-21-09 06:55 PM
    please do and post a link here, you seem to have had a similar problem to mine that ive been trying to solve too...looking forwards to the post ^_^
    09-22-09 01:02 AM
    OMG!!!!!

ok.
    from the beginning.

i own a mac.
    thats it.

So i found a BBDM for mac, and i downloaded it.
    i was just checking it out, and i noticed i had an update available for my phone.
    So i clicked ok blah blah blah..
    next thing i know, it says disconnected, yet its clearly plugged in.

Ive gone through 2 or 3 different error messages since then.
    I have no idea what to do,
    and am without a phone.
    Ive been trying to figure this out for 2 days now.

someone please help me?
    09-22-09 04:36 AM
    I have made a thread giving instructions on how I fixed my phone; however, I cannot post links until I have more posts! So, just look for threads that I wrote!
    09-22-09 09:07 PM
    I have put a link to the thread in my signature.
    09-22-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD