ok this is a dumb question yes i searched but didn't find anything conclusive.

I bought the tour, love it, had a storm before loved it but the tour is more my cup of tea.

my question is i never saved any media other than maybe a few pictures to the storm. the storm came with a 8 gb micro sd where as the tour came with only a 2gb. could i theoretically just take the storm media card and put it in the tour? I noticed the batteries are interchangeable too at least judging by the size and model number on it so coolio.
    08-30-09 11:01 PM
    Yes, the Tour will support up to the biggest and baddest out there, 32gb.

Just to be on the safe side, though, I would backup your sdcard to your computer before you swap it into a different device. You shouldn't have any trouble, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    08-30-09 11:02 PM

Just to be on the safe side, though, I would backup your sdcard to your computer before you swap it into a different device. You shouldn't have any trouble, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
    What this individual said.
    08-30-09 11:04 PM
    sweet... i loved the storm but in all aspects the tour just rapes.

and if i understand right the only thing that gets saved to media cards are archived apps, music and pics really.
    Last edited by Stormy99; 08-30-09 at 11:12 PM.
    08-30-09 11:09 PM

That is correct. Any Blackberry running OS 4.6 or higher will support up to a 32 GB microSD card. It is dependent on the OS, not the device. Unfortunately, there are no 32 GB cards available yet for purchase.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:10 PM
    You might consider erasing the thumbnail.dat files found in the various subfolders - they are a form of index file and some think that they are OS dependent and can slow down access to the card and/or files.
    08-31-09 12:00 AM
    OK, another silly newbie question. I want to replace my 2 gb card with an 8 or 16 gb card. Where do I look on my BB to see what, if anything is already stored on the 2gb card? My BB is only a few weeks old.
    I don't want to screw anything up by removing it without backing up what might be on it... any advice for this techno-newbie appreciated.
    Thanks.
    10-27-09 01:40 PM
    First, enable Mass Storage Mode Support by going to Options> Memory and then 4th option down. Now, connect your device to your pc and navigate to Start> Computer and you should see the external drive there. From here you can open the drive and explore what is stored on the card, if anything. One step further, you can now drag n drop files (pics, music, converted movies, etc.) from your pc right into the external drive which is your memory card. I loaded several full length feature films on my memory card this way. Hope this helps.

On a side note, anyone know when a 32gb micro SDHC card will be available?
    10-27-09 03:52 PM
    sweet... i loved the storm but in all aspects the tour just rapes.

and if i understand right the only thing that gets saved to media cards are archived apps, music and pics really.
    Re: ""and if i understand right the only thing that gets saved to media cards are archived apps, music and pics really""

Nope, you can save ringtones, music, videos and lots of other stuff.
    10-27-09 09:26 PM
    16GB should hold about everything you need and you can also swap memory cards.
    10-28-09 12:08 AM
    microsd is a standard, so yeah they are swappable (unless you use a sdhc card on an older phone that doesn't support sdhc).
    10-28-09 12:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD