Hello fellow crackberry users/abusers. this is something I have been wondering about since upgrading my pearl and getting a 8320 curve.

Why is it that every time I'm around an open Wifi connection my curve doesn't pick it up automatically? But on the other hand If I'm in a Starbucks it automatically connects to the Wifi, is it a setting I'm missing or will this just not happen?

I'm, curious to hear others experiences with WiFi
    04-18-08 11:11 AM
    Try going to Options > Wi-Fi Connections and seeing is Hot Spot and @Home are enabled. If you don't use them, disable them and going to starbucks shouldn't have you connecting to them.

Also, make Wifi Selection Mode into Automatic. If you've saved wifi connections (home, office) then they will connect when you're near. If you're connecting to unknown, protected connections, then well, it obviously won't connect.
    04-18-08 11:17 AM
    Welcome to CB
    04-18-08 11:22 AM
    welcome to cb!!!!
    04-18-08 11:25 AM
    I have looked my options up and I can't see where the wi-fi picks up any time I'm in a hot spot. I would like to have this turned on at all times so that way I don't have to worry about it if I'm in a hot sopt and can use it for free. Can anyone help? I have the curve. Thanks!
    04-18-08 11:29 AM
    Go to 'Manage Connections', and check Wi-Fi. You should now be able to pick up any Wi-Fi signals nearby.
    04-18-08 11:47 AM
    Welcome and congrats on your upgrade.

I got my 8320 yesterday and will be putting on the at&t network.
    04-18-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD