Hello I am new to a blackberry and I have an at&t curve 8330 that was givin to me and it is bricked. When I try to fix it, it asks for a password, but the person that gave it to me does not remember the password. I was wondering if there is a way to by-pass the password and fix the bricked curve? Any suggestions would be great.
    08-30-09 06:36 PM
    OKay- first of all, AT&T doesn't support the 8330- so you CAN'T have that phone, it's either 8310 or 8320. How do you tell? If it's GPS it's 8310, if it's 8320 it's got Wifi.

Now- how are you trying to fix it? If you're just trying to get into it and it's asking for a password- it isn't bricked, it's just locked. If you try and turn it on and it's not working- THAT is bricked.

If it's just that you can't get into it- keep putting in bad passwords till you hit 10- it'll automatically wipe the phone to protect the data on it. Then you can hook it up to Desktop Manager and load a new OS on it and you're good to go.

If you're trying to turn it on and it won't work and DM is asking for a password- I'm not entirely sure how to fix that as it's never happened to me. Search for "Bricked Berry" and I'm sure you'll find some answers.
    08-30-09 07:18 PM
    navan-thank you very much for your reply, and your knowledge I guess I did read the model number wrong, it is an 8310. It is deffinatly bricked, when you turn it on the hour glass will sit and spin for hours untill you either pull the battery or let it drain.
    08-30-09 08:22 PM
    Try this link - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 09:10 PM
    the person that gave it to me does not remember the password. ...
    Really?
    08-31-09 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD