Hi all,

New member and new BB owner. Previous phone was a Windows Mobile smartphone (Omnia).

Been lurking for about 2 weeks and see tons of posts from people having trouble with their Tours.

Got my Tour from a VZW corporate store on 8/25/09 (no green dot). So far it has worked without issues (great trackball, battery cover snug, etc...) and I've been quite pleased (build date: Mexico5, 7/27/09).

Has anyone else had a Tour that worked flawlessly out of the box?

(on a side note...if you had trackball issues were they immediate or did the phone get progressively worse with use?)
    08-30-09 06:08 PM
    I got a Tour 7/12 the day it dropped. Got a green dot Tour on Friday---works great so far!
    08-30-09 06:13 PM
    (on a side note...if you had trackball issues were they immediate or did the phone get progressively worse with use?)
    Showed NO issue straight out of the box, one month into use, started having trackball issues and had to get a replacement phone. Not happy but got it fixed and second one is flawless (for now).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 06:13 PM
    Both of mine, no issues with either one.

Instore reps were rude, so I just walked out and ordered online from Verizon and they were shipped and in my hands in like 2 days.

No problems at all so far.
    08-30-09 06:17 PM
    My phone fried on me on Saturday (my own fault, playing with new OS) and I went into verizon after I couldn't fix it.

They said they were going to ship me another one because they couldn't figure out what the problem was (no surprise, they blamed the battery for frying it)

My cousin is a good IT guy and he came over Saturday night and fixed my phone.

My trackball does stick a bit (didn't happen right out of box but after two weeks) But I guess I kinda got used to it.

I'm wondering if I should keep the replacement phone when it comes on Tuesday or just keep my phone and save the pain of changing my pin for my apps.

I'm not sure if it is going to be a 'green dot' phone but it is coming from the warehouse. I guess there is no guarantee that the track ball will be any better, or the battery door for that matter. So I'm not sure what to do.
    08-30-09 06:21 PM
    Both of mine, no issues with either one.

Instore reps were rude, so I just walked out and ordered online from Verizon and they were shipped and in my hands in like 2 days.

No problems at all so far.
    I noticed the reps were very rude as well when I went in. I guess they are just getting tired of replacing phones.
    08-30-09 06:21 PM
    No issues here...
    08-30-09 06:22 PM
    I bought my BB Tour last Tuesday and no issues so far. I had one lockup after installing a YouTube software player, but ended up uninstalling it anyway (since it was crap).
    08-30-09 06:24 PM
    Got my phone 9 A.M. 7/12 (day phone was released)...NO PROBLEMS...flawless...
    08-30-09 06:25 PM
    What does everyone mean when they say "Green Dot?"
    08-30-09 06:29 PM
    search "green dot" on the search option at the top of the threads...you will learn quick
    08-30-09 06:31 PM
    My brother got his 30 days ago and his trackball went to **** and after installing some programs it slowed down he said.

I got mine a week ago and have had no issues. Even added BBM 5.0 and it rocks. i love it!!!
    08-30-09 06:35 PM
    search "green dot" on the search option at the top of the threads...you will learn quick
    Thanks. Kinda new here so I have to get in a habit of using the serch feature.
    08-30-09 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD