Hey, So I have a silver BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Verizon running OS 4.5.0.138 (that I got from the official Verizon Wireless SmithMicro update site) and i frequently have service and data issues (i think since the upgrade, i dont remember problems before the .138 upgrade). So here are my issues and some info on the device and if someone could please help me, i would be very appreciative.

Applications installed: Google Voice, BBM 5.0 (downloaded from links on CrackBerry blogs), PodTrapper beta, BOLT Browser, Facebook, BlackBerry App World, Google Sync, TwitterBerry

Issues:
    When i go into the BlackBerry browser and i type a web address or i click on a link, i usually only see "requesting..." for a second or two but i am now seeing that for at least 30 - 40 seconds which is really slow. Also, while not moving or anything, my bars change from full to 1-2 and sometimes service cuts out. this did not happen before and other verizon phones that i have do not do this either. i have not recently dropped my BlackBerry or damage it in anyway

Thanks for help in advance!
    08-30-09 02:34 PM
    I have experienced this from Day 1 with my Blackberry 8330 on Verizon - with the stock .77 version and with the updated .138 version. Most of the time it is a good 15 second before anything pops up. I love the phone, but the browser is absolutely pathetic. Verizon's network is supposedly the best, but I really am not impressed with their 1XEV network here in Kansas City.
    Last edited by msglsom; 08-30-09 at 04:43 PM.
    08-30-09 04:37 PM
    Same phone, running various O/S's, different network, different country. Sometimes its just slow. I have been noticing the same thing lately with Opera Mini occasionally.

If you haven't already, you can use the wap/mobile version of sites, which is much quicker.

The native bb browser has a well earned reputation for being second rate. Hopefully we see some improvements in the next year with Skyfire or from RIMs recent aquisition of torch moble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 04:55 PM
    Bolt for me. Works much better than native BB site. Hove Opera mini but don't like it at all.
    08-30-09 08:14 PM
    Well I still run .77 and have no issues with my native BB browser. My question are ya'll cleaning your cache? For the record I'm having no serious OS/signal/browser/other issues others are complaining aboot their 8330.

Thnx, �Tripster�

08-31-09 02:50 AM
    Did a little experiment. I cleared my cache and googled 'crackberry.com'. (Full site) Here's how long it took for the pages to load.

Opera Mini - 20seconds

Native browser - 63 seconds

Bolt browser - 18 seconds

(Image quality set to High on all 3 browsers.)

08-31-09 05:57 AM
    I'm not having any serious speed problems, but how do you clear the cache. I wonder if it would speed it up at all. I'm using the default browser.

Thanks,
    Pat
    08-31-09 08:47 AM
    Try clearing history and cache in the browser...
    08-31-09 09:07 AM
    Hey, So I have a silver BlackBerry Curve 8330 on Verizon running OS 4.5.0.138 (that I got from the official Verizon Wireless SmithMicro update site) and i frequently have service and data issues (i think since the upgrade, i dont remember problems before the .138 upgrade). So here are my issues and some info on the device and if someone could please help me, i would be very appreciative.

Applications installed: Google Voice, BBM 5.0 (downloaded from links on CrackBerry blogs), PodTrapper beta, BOLT Browser, Facebook, BlackBerry App World, Google Sync, TwitterBerry

Issues:
    When i go into the BlackBerry browser and i type a web address or i click on a link, i usually only see "requesting..." for a second or two but i am now seeing that for at least 30 - 40 seconds which is really slow. Also, while not moving or anything, my bars change from full to 1-2 and sometimes service cuts out. this did not happen before and other verizon phones that i have do not do this either. i have not recently dropped my BlackBerry or damage it in anyway

Thanks for help in advance!
    Had same problem with my berry until tech support issued trouble ticket and 3 days later I have full 1XEV everywhere I go.

08-31-09 09:21 AM
    I'm not having any serious speed problems, but how do you clear the cache. I wonder if it would speed it up at all. I'm using the default browser.

Thanks,
    Pat

While in the browser: Menu - Options - Cache Operations. Then clear all 4 fields.

08-31-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD