Actually I can say more.

I booted with 46.4.

Icons are alot cleaner. I am surprised no one is really talking about this. Response is amazing! Color banding isnt even relevant. Transitions are completely clean. Precizion Zen shows us a different side. Never thought in a million years this bunk theme could look good. WOW. All icons got semi redone.

Anyone think that the new User Experience guy has anything to do with this? This soon? Like I said before, I think he would show signs of his existence in the beginning of 5.0. Maybe we will get a new UI sooner than we think.

New clock feature??? Bad azz. I use the alarm every morning.

"Outdated OS bubbles" have taken a new look. Much for clean.

Scrolling through photos is a peice of cake. MAN!

Is RIM taking advantage of Graphics Acceleration?

No one said video camera reboots your phone too...lol but I should have guessed that.

Know what that means to me? We're getting new video playback features.

Phones rebooting..................

What do you think about this OS now? Especially on Odin. This "LMFAO's" all over .151. Sorry.
    08-29-09 10:09 PM
    Sounds Sweet! I got it sitting on my PC, but am having second thoughts of loading it cause people are saying BBM does not work.
    I can live without the camera for a while, but I need BBM.
    08-29-09 10:18 PM
    Sounds Sweet! I got it sitting on my PC, but am having second thoughts of loading it cause people are saying BBM does not work.
    I can live without the camera for a while, but I need BBM.
    BBM 4.7 works
    08-29-09 10:20 PM
    Co-signed. 4.7 works. Just make sure to uncheck 5.0 upon install and check 4.7 under the OS Options.
    08-29-09 10:28 PM
    Then I will try it out.. thx.
    Is that the 4.7 BBM5.0 or is it the 4.7 that comes with OS4.7?
    Last edited by Sparro; 08-29-09 at 10:32 PM.
    08-29-09 10:30 PM
    I won't lie this is the most stable 5.0 version ever and I am totally satisfied. Even if I have to use at&t's service book lol
    08-29-09 10:31 PM
    Nicely done CS! Can't wait for the official...
    08-29-09 10:32 PM
    anyone else notice only 1 drive shows on my computer...
    08-29-09 10:35 PM
    I won't lie this is the most stable 5.0 version ever and I am totally satisfied. Even if I have to use at&t's service book lol
    I heard the TELUS service books work with .191 and no need to load up the AT&T service books?
    08-29-09 10:38 PM
    I'm having a slight problem with the BBM issue. I searched and found the answer but it's not working for me. You guys say to plug the phone in and go to apploader to install the BBM 4.7 but it does not show up for me. There isn't any BBM option. Any idea why or how I can get it on my phone?

And 191 rocks! I absolutely love it except for the camera of course.
    08-29-09 10:42 PM
    anyone else notice only 1 drive shows on my computer...
    Enable mass storage mode. Options - memory.
    08-29-09 10:42 PM
    Took me a couple times but was finally able to get BBM 4.7 to work. I will miss 5.0, but looks like SMS now and at least I can use BBM. Strange why 5.0 wont work with a 5.0 build and 4.7 will?

Overall I have to agree with OP. Solid so far and fast. Flick scrolling in every menu, side bars, its awesome. They did a fine job first shot with the exception of the Threaded SMS. Its slow, laggy, but a good start.

Battery is to early to tell, but early indicators aren't good. Will see in 72 hrs.

If you can use without a camera for a couple days you should at least check it out.
    08-29-09 11:05 PM
    It is pretty amazing. I can't believe I am even considering keeing a build where the camera is a complete faiilure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:10 PM
    Took me a couple times but was finally able to get BBM 4.7 to work. I will miss 5.0, but looks like SMS now and at least I can use BBM. Strange why 5.0 wont work with a 5.0 build and 4.7 will?

Overall I have to agree with OP. Solid so far and fast. Flick scrolling in every menu, side bars, its awesome. They did a fine job first shot with the exception of the Threaded SMS. Its slow, laggy, but a good start.

Battery is to early to tell, but early indicators aren't good. Will see in 72 hrs.

If you can use without a camera for a couple days you should at least check it out.
    Is there a way to download 4.7 OTA
    08-29-09 11:15 PM
    It is pretty amazing. I can't believe I am even considering keeing a build where the camera is a complete faiilure.

I know...its that good.

Just remember, the camera isnt a failure, they are just making it better.
    08-29-09 11:15 PM
    All of the improvements totally make up for lack of camera. There's no keyboard lag, the browser isn't a complete waste anymore and flick scrolling is just oh so fun

08-29-09 11:16 PM

I know...its that good.

Just remember, the camera isnt a failure, they are just making it better.
    I don't think they are making the camera better.

Apparently flick scrolling has been available since at least .140 but not enabled. But the camera was garbage if it zoomed in on large setting.

Now, with flick scrolling enabled and threaded SMS as well, the camera is useless. I am not sure it is them improving the camera as much as it is the .sfi programming for flick scrolling and threaded sms together that are making it difficult to allow the camera to work.
    08-29-09 11:20 PM
    Reading all these posts gets me super excited and cant wait to get my storm. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs.. let me know! =D
    08-29-09 11:21 PM
    I don't think they are making the camera better.

Apparently flick scrolling has been available since at least .140 but not enabled. But the camera was garbage if it zoomed in on large setting.

Now, with flick scrolling enabled and threaded SMS as well, the camera is useless. I am not sure it is them improving the camera as much as it is the .sfi programming for flick scrolling and threaded sms together that are making it difficult to allow the camera to work.
    You would be surprised. I dont think its flick scrolling causing the issue. They may be adding new zoon settings or video camera features.
    08-29-09 11:23 PM
    All of the improvements totally make up for lack of camera. There's no keyboard lag, the browser isn't a complete waste anymore and flick scrolling is just oh so fun

This scrolling has really been the icing on this cake. Seriously. This is a really big feature considering 3 months ago this seemed far fetched.
    08-29-09 11:24 PM
    Here is the thing. The problem persists regardless of the .cod file used. That's why I don't think it is camera related.

Of course, I don't have any solid evidence in either direction.
    08-29-09 11:29 PM
    I'd have to agree with yall. It is very eye catching and responsive. Just to throw this out there. If you really need the camera and still want the flick scrolling you can do it by loading .191 and then go back down to .140 and the flick scrolling is still there!
    08-29-09 11:42 PM
    I am keeping it. I never use my camera anyway. The Storm's camera never has been very good IMO.

I just have some issues with the app compatibility. I can listen to a song's lyrics and Google them so I can live without Shazam, and I can get BB Maps if Google Maps fails because it's stuck in non-touch-screen mode, but no QuickPull kind of hurts. I think using the Camera to reboot is risky since it causes a crash and not a proper restart, and I'd rather not mess with any memory issues or file corruption as a result. These cell phones are computers after all, and I would never purposely hard lock my computer just to make it reboot.
    08-29-09 11:52 PM
    wow is right this thing is rockin! i just fell in love with my storm all over again
    08-29-09 11:53 PM
    I'm almost tempted to drop my BBM and camera for this build. Is it bad that I'm willing to savesdive that kind of functionality?

08-29-09 11:58 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD