I'm not a noob by any means...had the storm up until about when the tour came out and i had installed damn near every leak and a TON of hybrids on my storm.

when 5.0.0.140 leaked for the Tour, that went right on.

Now with this 5.0.0.191 OS, I cannot get it to load on my phone. It gets halfway through the install and disconnects and says "was unable to reconnect during a multi stage loading process".

Then the phone will not reconnect to apploader at all unless i uninstall .191 and go back to .140 or 4.7 (they both load fine)

I've tried it 3 times today after put .140 back on each time and I get the same error every time with .191

SUCKS FOR ME! I'd like to at least try .191
    08-29-09 04:20 PM
    no ideas i guess ?

would you think windows 7 could matter ? (i've installed lots of other os's on win7 tho...)
    08-29-09 07:50 PM
    I have also tried everything I can or know how to. I have loaded MANY operating systems on many Black Berry's. 8830, Curve, Storm, I can't get 191 to load on my Tour for anything! I tried App Loader, BBSAK, Wipe, etc. Nothing works. I give up... maybe next leak for me?
    08-29-09 08:02 PM
    I have also tried everything I can or know how to. I have loaded MANY operating systems on many Black Berry's. 8830, Curve, Storm, I can't get 191 to load on my Tour for anything! I tried App Loader, BBSAK, Wipe, etc. Nothing works. I give up... maybe next leak for me?
    damn....

what operating system are you running on your PC ? vista, xp, 7 ?
    08-29-09 08:08 PM
    Same thing happened to me on Vista, doubt it's os related.
    08-29-09 10:12 PM
    I have 2 machines, VISTA 64 on one and XP Media on the other. Couldn't get either to load. DM 5.0 and DM 4.7... WTF? anyone else figure this mess out?
    08-29-09 10:38 PM
    OMG I have the exact same problem. I am really trying everything... I must done it over 15 times and still unsuccessful. I am pro at this and tried all the methods. I reinstalled DM so that it doesnt check for updates, deleted that hidden vendor.xml file that we normally do not get. I really wanted to try this as you can probably tell. If anyone has a solution it would be great.
    08-30-09 12:39 AM
    tried again with my phone at a friends house.....still no good.

damn you .191 lol
    08-30-09 12:59 AM
    This is really frustrating. I would really like to get this to work and I feel helpless. I like many others would say i am at expert level when it comes to flashing. I'm no newbie and it kills me to see the phone hang when connecting the the JVM stage. damn you .191!
    08-30-09 09:58 AM
    Just a heads up Vista (64bit) bit will be a no go for installing this OS on the tour.
    A few reasons that i have found out on my own.
    Remember the OS does not have the right driver for the device
    Upon installation/Connecting to Device it will fail under Vista 64bit. The USB drivers will not have connection for installation or re-installation. I have tried unsuccessfully several times.
    Running the installation from XP on a virtual machine on Vista will not work. I have also tried doing so.

The best option is to use XP (pro) and run the Loader.exe file from the AppLoader folder while the device is connected. Press the "Alt + Shift & Del" key to reboot the phone. Once the phone is connected in the Application Loader wizard screen keep clicking next for the process to continue and connect to the phone.

The Rebooting Stage of the device is important for the wizard to connect to the phone at the Black (Blackberry) screen.

Good Look to u all. This is what i have done to get the OS to Load on my BB.
    Last edited by mcky; 08-30-09 at 10:49 AM.
    08-30-09 10:44 AM
    Just a heads up Vista (64bit) bit will be a no go for installing this OS on the tour.
    A few reasons that i have found out on my own.
    Remember the OS does not have the right driver for the device
    Upon installation/Connecting to Device it will fail under Vista 64bit. The USB drivers will not have connection for installation or re-installation. I have tried unsuccessfully several times.
    Running the installation from XP on a virtual machine on Vista will not work. I have also tried doing so.

The best option is to use XP (pro) and run the Loader.exe file from the AppLoader folder while the device is connected. Press the "Alt + Shift & Del" key to reboot the phone. Once the phone is connected in the Application Loader wizard screen keep clicking next for the process to continue and connect to the phone.

The Rebooting Stage of the device is important for the wizard to connect to the phone at the Black (Blackberry) screen.

Good Look to u all. This is what i have done to get the OS to Load on my BB.
    have you done this with .191 on a tour ... or just in general when you have run into problems loading an os onto a different device ?
    08-30-09 12:03 PM
    have you done this with .191 on a tour ... or just in general when you have run into problems loading an os onto a different device ?
    Yes it was done with .191 on my tour. That was my Friday night project when the OS leak. I do hope it will work out for u.
    08-30-09 12:27 PM
    Yes it was done with .191 on my tour. That was my Friday night project when the OS leak. I do hope it will work out for u.
    wow, that is good news. i'll be getting my hands on a XP machine today then to try this.

just to clarify, did you try installing it on your Vista64 machine 1st and have the same connection issues people are posting about ? or did you just go straight to XP and it loaded fine for you ?

I don't want to go through all this again if your phone may have been one of the ones that it just worked on from the beginning if you know what i mean.
    08-30-09 01:04 PM
    wow, that is good news. i'll be getting my hands on a XP machine today then to try this.

just to clarify, did you try installing it on your Vista64 machine 1st and have the same connection issues people are posting about ? or did you just go straight to XP and it loaded fine for you ?

I don't want to go through all this again if your phone may have been one of the ones that it just worked on from the beginning if you know what i mean.
    I have tried five(5) - 7 times on my Vista 64 bit machine. End up with the same result. Vista would not allow the application to complete the installation or recognize the BB. I fired up My XP thats running in VMware on Vista to see if i could get a complete installation and no luck. Same problem.

I think the problem with the Virtual machine is that he host (Vista) is the first level of connection which create some impact on XP connection to the Blackberry.

Once install .191 to my XP machine and run Loader.exe. reboot the device in the process as listed above. It was all love from there.
    If ure device is brick or running a half installation I would recommend a clean wipe with BBSAK or JL Commander before running Loader.exe. Just putting that out there.
    Last edited by mcky; 08-30-09 at 01:27 PM.
    08-30-09 01:22 PM
    "Press the "Alt + Shift & Del" key to reboot the phone" This phrase confuses me, sorry. But this will reboot the computer. I'm still a bit lost on this one...
    08-30-09 02:18 PM
    "Press the "Alt + Shift & Del" key to reboot the phone" This phrase confuses me, sorry. But this will reboot the computer. I'm still a bit lost on this one...
    if you press the left ALT button + the right SHIFT button + DEL button ON YOUR PHONE..it will reboot your phone..

not CTRL ALT DEL on your PC....
    08-30-09 02:30 PM
    That didn't get it either. Looks like I am not a 191 kinda guy... LOL
    08-30-09 03:32 PM
    it means the keys on the phone not the computer and btw this is only if you have a physical keyboard...
    08-30-09 03:52 PM
    anyone think using the new leaked Desktop Manager may help with this issue ?
    08-31-09 12:51 PM
    anyone think using the new leaked Desktop Manager may help with this issue ?
    that would be a NO ... lol
    08-31-09 02:47 PM
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

This thing is pissing me off.......lol
    08-31-09 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD