So I had AT&T for just 4 months before canceling and moving on to Verizon. Like many others I went to AT&T for the iPhone, but also like others I had connection problems with the iPhone. Finally after not get reception in my house and having the phone drop calls all the time I called AT&T. Got the run around about them not guaranteeing reception in buildings and all the other reasons they would not let me out without charging me 465 bucks for the etf fees. Knowing a little something about contracts and business I reviewed the user agreement and found that if the cellular company is unable to provide the full service for which is paid then the cellular company is in violation of the terms of the contract. I took my frustrations to the BBB (Better Business Bureau). About two weeks later I got a call from an AT&T rep from corporate office. I explained my problems and what I wanted to be done (let out of contract without etf). About a week later the rep called me back and said tests were run on my service and I indeed had reception issues and dropped calls. I was let out of all three of my contracts without fees!
    08-29-09 04:09 PM
    nice....sounds like a bit of a hassle and more run around, but worth the savings for sure.
    08-29-09 04:13 PM
    Glad you're getting the service you want and need.
    08-29-09 04:18 PM
    Way to take initiative. Many customers would just call back and call back and call back. You know where that usually gets you? No where.
    09-02-09 01:18 AM
    $465?? Why so much? Isn't the ETF $175
    09-02-09 01:44 AM
    multiple lines
    09-02-09 06:48 PM
    nice....sounds like a bit of a hassle and more run around, but worth the savings for sure.
    heck yeah man...saving over 400 bucks is deffff worth the hassle. id do it too
    09-08-09 10:14 AM
    another option to get out, is to find a place where you use a partner network, and use more than 60% of your plan in their area for 3 months.. if you have connection issues, you might be on a weak area.
    09-11-09 02:49 PM
    Good deal, glad u made it out free
    09-11-09 05:06 PM
    thats what i call effort! i dont even think the people at AT&T could be pissed, they have to respect your persistence! i wish i would have done that when i switched from verizon...ugh
    09-14-09 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD