Omg I can't stand the asses who take the time to read your posts and then tell you search for the answer....like seriously? How do they know if I did or didn't look? R they the cb police?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:22 AM
    I mean they do have a point, but why **** with people like that?? The same energy could be used to answer the question, then that question has been answered that many more times and is less likely to show up again... just sayin...
    08-29-09 11:25 AM
    Lol, I understand your fustration it is very annoying but hei wat can you do there's always going to be people like this, the best we can do is ignore them...
    08-29-09 11:25 AM
    Actually I think it's because many questions have been asked/answered many times, and are often easy to find. Questions being answered many times does not = fewer ppl asking (unfortunatly)
    08-29-09 11:27 AM
    My thing is, ok what of there is a better solution that was never posted? What if the solution dosent work for u? Or how bout being polite about it? Not many ppl here are cb experts and know how to use the site as well as others. But ******* will always b assholes. Just my rant. Lol hope everyones havin a great weekend btw

08-29-09 11:33 AM
    Its all about be nice about it. The people who "flame" you for not searching are ones who can only be a smart *** online. If someone talked to me the way some people talk to eachother on here they would be picking them self up off the floor.

If its a NB then show them the way, help them out dont be an *** cause you are all knowing and in the amout of time it took you to be a d*ck you could have easly answered ther question.

The funny thing is when you see the same names comming up, its like they are just waiting for someone to ask a "stupid" question.
    08-29-09 11:59 AM
    Unfortunately, every newsgroup and forum has people like this. They behave as if the site is theirs to use and moderate whether they have been given that particular authority or not. They waste bandwidth complaining about how other people use a tool that is not theirs alone to access and hide behind their keyboard. Most of these people would never mouth off and abuse others in the "real world" because they'd surely get their a$$es kicked.

They are simply trolls and nothing more. Since they can't actually respond to questions or user problems helpfully, they SPAM the forums with their condescending replies. Ignore them ... simply ignore them.
    08-29-09 12:25 PM
    I've got a theory on this practice. Crackberry is setup to encourage posting in the forums. You have a status rank that is based solely on how many posts you have in the forums. I have found that many of the members that have the highest levels next to their name, they are the developers, bloggers, the real experts. The others are just average users that post whatever they want. An agreement, argument, or attitude! Whatever counts. So, with all these posts running wild, you do a search for something particular, and you come up with 50 threads that MAY have the answer. Not WILL have the answer, but MAY have it. Are you going to want to spend several hours reading all these threads, many of which may just be discussions of an issue or opinions and arguments? No, you'll do a basic search and when you see that it's 35+ threads, you'll check one or two, perhaps 3 to 5, and then post a new thread asking your question.

It would be nice if these "forum police" would direct you to the thread that has the answer. Rather than just logging their post counts with a sarcastic response.
    08-29-09 12:34 PM
    Let me google that for you

it's like you didn't even search
    Last edited by Archangel00195; 08-29-09 at 01:07 PM.
    08-29-09 01:04 PM
    I agree with all of you. I understand that there is a search button and yes I use it but sometimes I just can't find the answer that I'm looking for. I'm hardly ever wanting to post here because I know there's going to be some all knowing geek on a power trip just waiting to put me down. Its realy too bad thoigh there a lot of smart friendly people here that actually like to help out.

08-29-09 01:09 PM
    People Who Ask A Question, That's Been Asked By Someone Else And Is On The Recent Forum Replys, That's Annoying.
    08-29-09 01:15 PM
    I agree I am on here everyday but rarely post anything. It hardly seems worth it, when you get one helpful response for the 10 smart ones.
    08-29-09 01:19 PM
    I've got a theory on this practice. Crackberry is setup to encourage posting in the forums. You have a status rank that is based solely on how many posts you have in the forums. I have found that many of the members that have the highest levels next to their name, they are the developers, bloggers, the real experts. The others are just average users that post whatever they want. An agreement, argument, or attitude! Whatever counts. So, with all these posts running wild, you do a search for something particular, and you come up with 50 threads that MAY have the answer. Not WILL have the answer, but MAY have it. Are you going to want to spend several hours reading all these threads, many of which may just be discussions of an issue or opinions and arguments? No, you'll do a basic search and when you see that it's 35+ threads, you'll check one or two, perhaps 3 to 5, and then post a new thread asking your question.

It would be nice if these "forum police" would direct you to the thread that has the answer. Rather than just logging their post counts with a sarcastic response.
    Exactly! Not saying searching isn't helpful but 75% of the time u have to browse through hundreds of usless posts to find 1 simple answer.

08-29-09 01:33 PM
    Omg there are like 50 of this thread already! Search first n00b!

08-29-09 01:44 PM
    ahhhhhhh PATCHES! Your suppost to be one of the good ones.
    08-29-09 01:48 PM
    *you're*

Yeah, I like go joke with people, give em a hard time, but its all in good fun, and generally I never flame and don't help as well. Usually there's a lesson or point in the flame also. Honestly there are plenty of ride users who ask a question, then don't check back (drive by posting), or ones who ask for help, but disagree with the fix (a*shole posters)

But yeah, i do lime to live in the gray area.

08-29-09 01:55 PM
    Why complain about others complaining? Hate is such a strong word for something so insignificant.

It always surprises me how people let this stuff bother them.

The internet. Where people can be whatever they want to be.
    08-29-09 02:20 PM
    I have an idea... lets have a Finding and Fixes moderator.
    Their sole job is to go through F&F threads and delete anything that doesn't have Red & Blue text in it.

I get so annoyed reading 45 downloading nows, before I get to the first post with substance, that is usually something like "Whoops I bricked it gota start over!"

Anyone agree?
    08-29-09 02:36 PM
    Well when you get hit with, "I lost my browser?! " "How do i install update?" and others of the same copypasta'd questions its ******* old very fast.

The initiative it takes to just google something isn't that earth shatteringly difficult. I remember when i loaded up a leaked OS for the first time, and lost my browser, a quick "Lost Blackberry Browser" turned up my answer in under 3 minutes.

Personally the worst is where someone makes a post in a big thread but actually decides to update the first post so as to keep people who arent completely lazy somewhat informed, yet they proceed to ask the same damn things already explained probably hundreds of times, like Facebook not working with 5.0 or removing RIM Internal Apps or OS that can only be loaded via loader.exe.
    08-29-09 03:17 PM
    my favorite one is when a gsm user posts a thread titled "EDGE to edge". several of these get posted every week, with the exact same title verbatim. how hard would it be to do a forum search and in the dialogue box type in "EDGE to edge"? youll get many returns on the search but a lot of them wont even have any replies because the question has been answered so many times it ridiculous. the search function is there for a reason. if you cant find what youre looking for, redefine your search parameters. its all here and its all been answered many times over.
    patches- i searched and yes this type of thread has been posted many times before.
    08-29-09 03:53 PM
    aww crap.... this doesnt even up my post count because im in the wrong forum
    08-29-09 03:55 PM
    Well when you get hit with, "I lost my browser?! " "How do i install update?" and others of the same copypasta'd questions its ******* old very fast.

The initiative it takes to just google something isn't that earth shatteringly difficult. I remember when i loaded up a leaked OS for the first time, and lost my browser, a quick "Lost Blackberry Browser" turned up my answer in under 3 minutes.

Personally the worst is where someone makes a post in a big thread but actually decides to update the first post so as to keep people who arent completely lazy somewhat informed, yet they proceed to ask the same damn things already explained probably hundreds of times, like Facebook not working with 5.0 or removing RIM Internal Apps or OS that can only be loaded via loader.exe.
    See most of that app loader blah blah exe stuff makes no sense to me. Sorry if I don't fully under stand the lingo and some of the complicated instructions. But hey its n the rule book to b nice, and polite to newbies....or am I the only one who read it? Lol

08-29-09 04:07 PM
    See most of that app loader blah blah exe stuff makes no sense to me. Sorry if I don't fully under stand the lingo and some of the complicated instructions. But hey its n the rule book to b nice, and polite to newbies....or am I the only one who read it? Lol

Hey you can only be nice to noobs for so long after the same question gets asked. You try reading and answering the same questions day after day. It gets a tad bit tedious and annoying.
    08-29-09 04:19 PM
    Hey you can only be nice to noobs for so long after the same question gets asked. You try reading and answering the same questions day after day. It gets a tad bit tedious and annoying.
    So jus don't even read the question or take ur time to post in that thread. Your not obligated to read and reply to every post. If u don't answe it someone else will. I understand seeing something over and over is annoying but that's def not cause to go off the handle at someone. Its immature to take your time and read a post then write "use search". Save ur time and leave it cuz like I said....u don't need to reply to it if you don't want to. Someone who wants to help will help or point the person who asked the question in the right direction.

08-29-09 04:52 PM
    People Who Ask A Question, That's Been Asked By Someone Else And Is On The Recent Forum Replys, That's Annoying.
    Not As Annoying As Someone Who Capitalizes Every Word In A Sentence.
    08-29-09 04:58 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD