When did they update amaze? Amaze used to look ugly about 2 years ago?

amAze - Free GPS Navigation for your mobile phone!

I tried it out last night and seems alot better than my favorite Nav4all app. It does the same thing but with colors and moving map now,

Anyone have issues with Amaze?

Thanks
    08-29-09 08:14 AM
    I just downloaded it last night and cannot get the GPS to lock on at all. My settings are all good (location on, etc) and Google Maps and BB maps work fine. I have all permission set to allow.

I downloaded the Verizon Tour Version for my tour. Can anyone offer some help?
    08-29-09 08:28 AM
    a free GPS Nav program....I"m almost afraid to ask, but what's the catch?
    08-29-09 08:43 AM
    No catch. They have always been free. Same with Nav4all....
    08-29-09 08:58 AM
    I just downloaded it last night and cannot get the GPS to lock on at all. My settings are all good (location on, etc) and Google Maps and BB maps work fine. I have all permission set to allow.

I downloaded the Verizon Tour Version for my tour. Can anyone offer some help?
    Make sure you download the verizon Tour version. It works great btw.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 10:43 AM
    No Catch, I use it all the time as a supplement to BB Maps. Turn by turn, for free Heck yeah.
    08-29-09 10:47 AM
    I've had AmazeGPS for bout 2 months now n it works great
    08-29-09 10:56 AM
    Are there voice prompts?

08-29-09 11:03 AM
    Yes. The chick will even tell you when you crossing state lines.

08-29-09 12:48 PM
    Works great, my wife has it on her storm.
    08-29-09 03:11 PM
    5.0 Was supposed to come out in July/early August.

Keeps hitting delays though... Should be a pretty big upgrade whenever it does come out.
    08-29-09 03:28 PM
    When did they update amaze? Amaze used to look ugly about 2 years ago?

amAze - Free GPS Navigation for your mobile phone!

I tried it out last night and seems alot better than my favorite Nav4all app. It does the same thing but with colors and moving map now,

Anyone have issues with Amaze?

Thanks
    I guess the AT&T navigator ruined me. I've got Amaze and its okay. Not quite as accurate as the navigator but I'm not sure if that is just in Magee or everywhere. They built my town in triangles and I think it even kind of confuses the navigator, LOL. I tried it elsewhere and it worked fairly well. I actually need to try it again. I don't really go a lot of places where I don't know where I'm going but once in awhile, I could use something like this. The at&t guy said, well, just activate at&t when you need it and then cancel it. Don't know how that works out long term. Just don't want to pay $120 a year for directions once or twice a quarter.
    08-29-09 04:40 PM
    I used to use TeleNav and I think amaze is as good if not better, especially for free. I has been very accurate for me and imo, more accurate then TeleNav as far as turns. No catch, which I was very surprised too when I first found it. Actually downloaded when I found it here on CB.

08-29-09 05:05 PM
    I used Amaze on a recent trip. It had trouble linking to the GPS. I had to manually refresh the GPS a number of times.
    09-06-09 08:08 PM
    is this better than sprint nav?
    09-06-09 09:44 PM
    I loves BlackStar and VZN Navigator. Doctor Neutron
    09-06-09 09:49 PM
    Sorry...my problems were with Gokivo, not Amaze
    09-08-09 07:04 PM
    I've used both Gokivo and AmAze on Bold and both work really well. I like Gokivo a bit better as the menu's are more blackberry intuitive; nice integration with your contacts address book or Poynt and it also announces the street name rather than just generic "turn right"

Gokivo - "Turn right on Maple Avenue"
    AmAze - "Turn right"

Best thing....they are both FREE!
    09-09-09 08:32 AM
    The link to download Amaze is not working for me...anyone have a new link?
    09-17-09 03:22 PM
    wap.amazegps.com

from your BB. Make sure you use the Verizon versions, if there is one for your phone.
    09-17-09 03:26 PM
    wap.amazegps.com

from your BB. Make sure you use the Verizon versions, if there is one for your phone.
    There are 4 different links there, do I download only the 1st one? Thanks so much : )
    09-17-09 03:41 PM
    I guess it wasn't meant to be. None of the 4 options work.

Download to your Mobile
    Download application that fix GPS problem for BlackBerry Verizon 8330 (Curve) [jad] (647 KB)
    or
    Download an Enterprise Server (BES) application that fix GPS problem for BlackBerry Verizon 8330 (Curve) [jad] (647 KB)
    or
    Download application that fix sound downloading problem (file by file) for BlackBerry Verizon 8330 (Curve) [jad] (647 KB)
    or
    Download an Enterprise Server (BES) application that fix sound downloading problem (file by file) for BlackBerry Verizon 8330 (Curve) [jad] (647 KB)
    09-17-09 03:45 PM
    Sorry, you beat me to it. Try to d/l it to your computer when you get in front of one if the OTA doesn't work while you're out and about.
    Last edited by epeter1; 09-17-09 at 03:51 PM.
    09-17-09 03:49 PM
    yea his link is a bit more helpful, oh well i tried
    09-17-09 03:52 PM
    I was trying to download from Opera before, but I just went into the BB Browse and its working now THANK YOU
    09-17-09 03:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD