Just took advantage of Verizon Blackberry Buy One Get One deal on the Storm.

So far were lovin' it!
    08-28-09 07:58 PM
    Well, since no one else replied I will.

Welcome and enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 12:17 AM
    Congrats on the Storm & enjoy, you'll love it.
    08-29-09 12:19 AM
    Yea took advantage of that same deal Im loving this phone hope you continue to.
    08-29-09 03:10 AM
    Congrats to both of you! Enjoy!
    08-29-09 03:12 AM
    Welcome to the land of the living.
    08-29-09 07:01 AM
    Awesome! You guys are lucky, 2 for 1 deal. The best we have up here is it's normally $149.99 from Telus, but Best Buy has a "Get it for $99.99 as well as a $75 gift card for accessories or towards the phone.", which is what I did. So from another newbie, welcome to the wacky world of Blackberry!
    08-29-09 07:56 AM
    well im also a new storm owner and just got it umlocked and now im curious how to actually use a nother carriers if i have to swirtch overor what?
    08-29-09 11:19 PM
    How are you enjoying the phone? I've been thinking about the Storm but some of the problems I've read about on this forum have me hesitating.

08-29-09 11:32 PM
    since its already unlocked its as easy as dropping a sim card into it, then go to.....
    options> mobile network> and changing a few settings.
    youll also want to send the service books from the appropriate provider.
    enjoy your storm. its a pretty cool device if you install the later 4.7 builds. so far i havent been too impressed with the 5.0 builds, but then again theyre still in their infancy. if you like the phone now just wait until 5.0 becomes official and all of the bugs are worked out of it.
    08-29-09 11:46 PM
    How are you enjoying the phone? I've been thinking about the Storm but some of the problems I've read about on this forum have me hesitating.

To tell the truth I love the phone..yes I have had someone "roadbumps" but its my first BB so I didnt know a decent amount of stuff

Based on the bold/underlined you are experienced with BB so it shouldn't be bad I haven't had any REAL problems with the phone
    08-30-09 04:21 AM
    Just make sure your patient and take time to really learn the phone. Just don't dismiss it the first time something goes wrong.

08-30-09 06:00 AM

I have also been hesitant to purchase a Storm based on every problem I've heard about it. I have never had a BB before and was thinking about trying the Storm.
    08-31-09 10:39 PM
    I must say my wife and I are loving the Storm. I switched from a Curve and went with the Storm knowing about the issues based on what I have read on here. The buy one get one free for $49 was a good deal so I figure I go for a test drive just to see for myself.

When ever I get a new phone the wife also wants a new one. I know a lot of you are saying I should have waited for the Storm 2 but when it comes out, I won't be able to afford it since I am guessing it will be around $199 or more.

Thanks to all of the Tips on here, there is no major lag, freezes or reboots. That could be from the update also but either way...I am satisfied with Storm and when the new OS is officially released-I am sure it will be even better.
    08-31-09 10:56 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    08-31-09 10:58 PM
    if you need help, you can ask me...

09-01-09 02:22 AM
    almost as good and my 2 for none deal
    09-01-09 02:22 AM
    Awesome! You guys are lucky, 2 for 1 deal. The best we have up here is it's normally $149.99 from Telus, but Best Buy has a "Get it for $99.99 as well as a $75 gift card for accessories or towards the phone.", which is what I did. So from another newbie, welcome to the wacky world of Blackberry!
    I hear ya there man. we get the crap end of the stick ever friggin time up here
    09-02-09 02:07 PM
    Hi, just joined C/B.

I have had BB's for a few years now and currently have a 8800. Like others I really quite fancy the Storm. My questions would be, when the S2 comes out, will the new software (or a version of it) work on the S1? and now that there are so many new OS releases, the S1 (with a new OS) must be a pretty decent machine?

Would I regret it?
    09-06-09 01:39 PM
    Welcome!

The storm 2 software is different from the storm software. And yes, with the recent 4.7 software releases/leaks the storm is a different device. I don't think its been reviewed since software updates.

09-06-09 02:38 PM
    Congrats on the phone its a really awesome phone especially now with the .167 update its a totally new phone

09-06-09 02:46 PM
    OK just ordered my new Storm on Vodafone UK, here on Friday can't wait.
    09-09-09 04:36 PM
    Hi Patches152
    My appologies if this is a topic that has been dealt with (no doubt) but I can't seem to find it.

I am battling changing my ring/message tones on my 9500 storm. If I change them and want to try them by clicking the "try it" button all I hear is silence. I have checked all the volume settings etc.

Can you please help?
    Last edited by Dirt Rider; 09-10-09 at 09:36 AM.
    09-10-09 09:23 AM
    you have to be on a profile that plays sound for "try it" to work...so if you're on silent or vibrate, exit out, change your current profile to something with sound, then go back...

if that doesn't work, then i'd say delete the bbThumbs.dat files from your memory card, rebooting, and letting the phone re-scan your media to make sure it has the location of the file stored properly, also go into your media app and make sure the ringtone plays there as well

and what OS are you on? have you read the thread on that OS to make sure there's no known issue with ringtones not playing properly?
    09-10-09 10:00 AM
    I am a new BB Storm user myself and loving it so far. I am still really learning the ins and outs but crackberry has really helped with that!
    09-11-09 09:54 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD