I had youmail and after some problems with it I just got Verizon's VVM. It worked one single time and now it just says "Unable to login." It has been doing this for a day now, so it is beyond any temp issue. It could be some setting, but there are no options to change. Has anyone had this problem and do they know how to fix it?
    08-28-09 06:12 PM
    When I had that issue, VVM had locked out my voicemail. I tried to just get it by calling and realized my password was locked. I had it reset and it has worked ever since. If not that I don't know. Good luck.
    08-28-09 06:47 PM
    I tried that, but it gives the same message. It also gives this message:

Unable to establish connection to the mailbox. The problem is usually temporary. Please try again later. Would you like to call your mailbox now?

It has been saying this for a day after only one successful usage.

If I deleted the app and reinstalled it would I lose all the voice mails it has downloaded?
    08-28-09 06:59 PM
    I have had the same problem over the last week. It downloads the voice mails from Verizon so you will get them back. It usually is temporary though. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times..
    08-28-09 10:05 PM
    I have had this problem on and off since I have had the storm (Nov 2008). I just asked VZW tech support this week about it, and they suggested the *228 option 1 routine. I did it and it worked for a day, now I get the same "unable to connect" messages. I'm not thrilled with the service, plus paying for it! When it works it is great! Try the *228 option 1 and let us know what happens.
    09-03-09 06:28 PM
    that was one of the first thing i did myself when my issue started. along with a battery pull. it seems more of a network issue than a phone issue. i have uninstalled and re-installed it and it worked fine for the past few days but i get the error message every so often now.
    09-04-09 12:06 PM
    I've run into this problem a couple times. In my experience its a VZW voicemail issue. Problem is usually fixed in a few hours or a day at the most.
    09-06-09 10:00 AM
    Hey guys. In an attempt to resolve my issue with Verizon's Visual Voice Mail, I've found that when my WiFi is turned on (and connected to my Wireless LAN), I cannot connect to the VVM. Only when I shut it off and use the Cellular Data Network am I able to retrieve the VVM. I am using the HTC Touch Pro 2 and I might be able to specify for that program which connection to use (WiFi or Cellular). Just got it and it seems really nice. Hate to say {considering there are Crackberry heads here :-) } but it is a better user experience than the Blackberry (using the TouchFlow 3D shell over WinMo 6.1) and the multiple apps being allowed to be open at once is convenient too. Out of the box experience is not as simple as the iPhone and the lack of an app store needs to be addressed.

Cheers!
    09-22-09 09:56 PM
    Uninstall, reinstall, battery pull ... when the security applications load you should get a pop up asking for permissions ... say allow ... then it should work.
    09-22-09 10:08 PM
    I tried that, but it gives the same message. It also gives this message:

Unable to establish connection to the mailbox. The problem is usually temporary. Please try again later. Would you like to call your mailbox now?

It has been saying this for a day after only one successful usage.

If I deleted the app and reinstalled it would I lose all the voice mails it has downloaded?
    No, you wouldn't lose the messages already there, because they are in your voicemail box if you call it. So try deleting and reinstalling.
    09-22-09 10:08 PM
    No, you wouldn't lose the messages already there, because they are in your voicemail box if you call it. So try deleting and reinstalling.

If you call your VM and listen to the messages ... they will not show up in your VVM when you get it working ... They only show up in VVM when you haven't already called from *86 or a land line to listen to them.
    09-22-09 10:28 PM
    It's a known issue right now. Mine did the same thing yesterday. Give it some time and it'll start working again. Just try to put your password in every once in a while, it'll eventually work.
    09-22-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD