Hello all

i have been able to tether my tour via usb on my mac via pocketsync and vzwacess manager. the only problem is i use missing sync to do all my backing up and syncing. this causes a problem with the OS popping up and saying the drivers are wrong and will not let me use my tour via usb. i can still tether via bluetooth just fine, but i really like the USB speeds. anyone have a workaround or thoughts on how to fix this? ive been using missing sync for years on my treo's and dont want to scrap it on my blackberry. thanks!
    08-28-09 05:15 PM
    This is not yet possible. You cannot tether with Mac. The best you can do at this moment is continue using the Bluetooth. Pocketmac/Missing Sync do not offer the USB connectivity for Modem use. BBDM for Mac will be launched this next month. Maybe then VZAM will work on Mac and Blackberry. But not until then.
    08-28-09 06:09 PM
    i didn't know you can use USB using a usb cable via tour. i though i can only use bluetooth to get internet for my mac.
    08-28-09 06:22 PM
    Tetherberry will allow you to tether on a Mac......It works perfectly.
    08-28-09 09:12 PM
    You can tether with the mac through bluetooth without anything extra

Blackberry Tour 9630 (Sprint)/Mac Tethering Notes - Eric Stewart: Running Off At The Mouth
    08-28-09 09:33 PM
    Yes you can. I had to do it when I was out of internet for a few days. Download this: VZAccess Manager

and just click on any of the 4.3.2 links. I don't remember exactly how I set it up, but I remember it wasn't all that hard.
    08-28-09 11:00 PM
    Ugh...please do not bother to post if you are not absolutely certain of your response - I do my best to try and volunteer my time here helping people with issues like this, but when others come through an spread mis-information it REALLY, REALLY makes things THAT much harder for me.

You CAN tether with the Tour on a Mac via USB. Just as you can via Bluetooth as well.

To the OP - please search the boards for "tethering mac usb" and the first couple of threads should be able to assist you. Read through them - there is plenty of information out there...this has been covered over and over.

If you then still encounter issues, PM me and I will be more than happy to help you - but I encourage you to first search and read through the forums - there are detailed instructions out there for Sprint, Verizon, Mac, PC, etc etc ... I promise

This is not yet possible. You cannot tether with Mac. The best you can do at this moment is continue using the Bluetooth. Pocketmac/Missing Sync do not offer the USB connectivity for Modem use. BBDM for Mac will be launched this next month. Maybe then VZAM will work on Mac and Blackberry. But not until then.
    08-29-09 12:46 AM

You CAN tether with the Tour on a Mac via USB. Just as you can via Bluetooth as well.

To the OP - please search the boards for "tethering mac usb" and the first couple of threads should be able to assist you. Read through them - there is plenty of information out there...this has been covered over and over.

If you then still encounter issues, PM me and I will be more than happy to help you - but I encourage you to first search and read through the forums - there are detailed instructions out there for Sprint, Verizon, Mac, PC, etc etc ... I promise
    MConk help shed some light on this. Can I tether with:

<b>9630, Bluetooth, OS X, and VZW service (no extra $30 tethering plan and no using the VZW software). </b>

I searched and I've seen a million posts about tetherberry, sprint instructions, 8830 instructions, usb tethering, blah blah but nothing that proves it works with my scenario.

I used #777, [email protected] and vzw for pwd as found on this forum. It was a no go.
    08-29-09 08:56 PM
    See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...hering-265620/

That should give you further insight on tethering w/vzw

MConk help shed some light on this. Can I tether with:

<b>9630, Bluetooth, OS X, and VZW service (no extra $30 tethering plan and no using the VZW software). </b>

I searched and I've seen a million posts about tetherberry, sprint instructions, 8830 instructions, usb tethering, blah blah but nothing that proves it works with my scenario.

I used #777, [email protected] and vzw for pwd as found on this forum. It was a no go.
    Last edited by mconk; 08-29-09 at 09:20 PM.
    08-29-09 09:16 PM
    See here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...hering-265620/

That should give you further insight on tethering w/vzw
    Thanks man - that is the one I used but it only suggests that it works if you go legit with tethering added to your account. I was trying to just use the data I am already paying for *and* bluetooth. That is the set up I had with AT&T and my Bold, worked great. The one post that says he got it to work with no extra software and no added plans on the account, that set up didn't work for me. Not sure what's different other than he was using a 8830.
    08-29-09 09:54 PM
    To my knowledge-youll need the tethering plan in order for this to work - I haven't heard much if anything about tethering working without the plan addon...sprint on the other hand is a much different story. But I believe with vzw, you're stuck. Switch to sprint, and save a ton of cash oh, and tether for free

Thanks man - that is the one I used but it only suggests that it works if you go legit with tethering added to your account. I was trying to just use the data I am already paying for *and* bluetooth. That is the set up I had with AT&T and my Bold, worked great. The one post that says he got it to work with no extra software and no added plans on the account, that set up didn't work for me. Not sure what's different other than he was using a 8830.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD