Recentley i have been using Pandora when i work out and love the fact that i dont have to listen to my same mp3's all the time, but im trying to figure out the program.

Everytime i type in an artists name i get one song from them (if that) and the rest are just random songs in that type of genre of music. I just downloaded slacker and it does the same thing.

When you type in an artist to make the "station" isnt it supposed to just find songs from that artist? It gets annoying to hear these random out of nowhere songs.

Im new to these programs so bare with me.
    08-28-09 12:46 PM
    Pandora is doing exactly what it was designed to do. Type in an artist and it will find similar music for you. As you "like" and "dislike" music it slowly tailors the station to your musical tastes.
    08-28-09 12:56 PM
    With the Slacker software you can create a station, then edit the station playlist to include or exclude artists or songs that you want to hear, but you can only do this from a PC. I have a station created with just Dave Matthews songs. Also, from the PC you can pull up stations and mark them as favorites so they show up on your station list under the favorites list. I have not found a way to edit the favorites from the BB itself. The only problem that I have found with this is that if you already have your account loaded on your BB then log in on the computer to edit stations they won't push to the BB account. I have had to reset the account throught the BB menu then log in again. I have had numerous problems recently with Slacker freezing up. I then must wait a while while the BB decides that Slacker is not working then ask me if I want to close it. I wish there was a sort of "Task Manager" so you could end unresponsive apps at will instead of waiting.

sorry for the long reply, i'm the fng.
    08-28-09 02:42 PM
    Everytime i type in an artists name i get one song from them (if that) and the rest are just random songs in that type of genre of music. I just downloaded slacker and it does the same thing.
    There would be major copyright/royalty issues if you could exclusively play an artist or a specific song. Instead, the work around is to make a radio-like station with songs in the same genre.
    08-28-09 03:08 PM
    Every thing bbFNG said is right, pandora use a program called the human genome project or somethin like that, it won't play souly one artist unless you refine the station down on your computer first but then it'll still throw some random artists in there. slacker radio, I stopped using due to the fact like bbFNG said of it freezing up and being unresponsive, basically if you want to alter the songs and artist you hear you have to do it over the internet on your comp

Posted from my CrackBerry at on a 8830 wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by M5Legend; 08-28-09 at 03:21 PM.
    08-28-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD