But soon I will say goodbye.
    Nope not going for an Iphone, no strom2, tour, etc either.

Nokia has come up with my dream phone and raised the bar for all others including the Iphone to follow.
    Linux OS, full connectivity and open GL support, firefox browser with flash.

Check it out.

The N900 will run Maemo 5, and feature a 3G cellular connection (WCDMA and HSPA at 900/1700/2100 MHz), a WVGA touchscreen display and hardware QWERTY keyboard. It will pack an ARM Cortex-A8 processor, 1 GB of RAM, 32GB of storage (expandable up to 48GB via microSD), and OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration. Nokia's new smartphone will be capable of multitasking, it will run a browser made by Mozilla, and will support Adobe Flash 9.4.

See the OS. http://maemo.nokia.com/features/
    Last edited by Techark; 08-28-09 at 03:19 AM.
    08-28-09 03:13 AM
    That is a great phone. I think a tad expensive but hey, if you have the money, why not.
    08-28-09 04:17 AM
    It looks like a decent phone. I'm not a fan of the keyboard though. Seems like the top row will be difficult to hit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 04:29 AM
    I'm impressed
    08-28-09 04:30 AM
    nice got see one live thought

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 04:49 AM
    What carrier does it run on?
    08-28-09 06:36 AM
    What carrier does it run on?
    i think it may be tmobile
    http://www.tmonews.com/2009/08/n900-looking-official/
    08-28-09 09:11 AM
    To be honest I really cant stand slide out keyboards no matter what platform its running. Remember when the storm commercial's and the iphone commercial first came out how smooth everything operated? In fact the commercials that are out now still get exaggerated when they try and show the UI of the OS. This is probably the same thing. There just hyping it up and in reality its probably gonna be slower, and have more lag than what that video shows.
    08-28-09 01:14 PM
    To be honest I really cant stand slide out keyboards no matter what platform its running. Remember when the storm commercial's and the iphone commercial first came out how smooth everything operated? In fact the commercials that are out now still get exaggerated when they try and show the UI of the OS. This is probably the same thing. There just hyping it up and in reality its probably gonna be slower, and have more lag than what that video shows.
    Nope..
    This is the same software and platform thay have been running and was built for their internet tablets. I have had the pleasure of playing with one of those and it is smooth as,..
    They took the internet tablets made it a little smaller and added radio code finally for it to work as a phone also.

I suspect no lag will be there and the commercial is not exaggerated from what I can see and know from the tablets.
    08-29-09 12:23 AM
    Nope..
    This is the same software and platform thay have been running and was built for their internet tablets. I have had the pleasure of playing with one of those and it is smooth as,..
    They took the internet tablets made it a little smaller and added radio code finally for it to work as a phone also.

I suspect no lag will be there and the commercial is not exaggerated from what I can see and know from the tablets.
    your talking about a tablet pc and comparing it to a phone? It wont be the same hardware. So it could totally suck balls and noone will really know until its in there hands. I for one am very skeptical after the iphone, storm, pre commercials all hyped up there phones and in all reality they arent what the commericals showed. Theres even a disclaimer on the iphone commercials that says the transitions have been shortened which means its really not as fast as they are showing it to be. Which could be the same with this one.
    08-29-09 12:30 AM
    You suspect? Just like the iPhone, Storm and all other smartphone commercials; when you see this one TV it says the same thing.

Images simulated, shown without delay etc.

Looks like a great device, I'm just done with physical keyboards.
    08-29-09 06:55 AM
    Oops double post.
    08-29-09 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD