Ok...I got a new idea for getting my blackberry tour ......... I'm not sure it will work ..but I'l ask you guys before I go ask at the local Sprint store ....... I looked up my account and my parents phone is eligable for $150 upgrade ............ I only have $75 on mine ....... my dad like my razor sooooooo will Sprint let me get a Tour on there upgrade and then switch lines for me....My Dad can have my Razor and I get the new Blackberry ............. now some of you are saying " Why should you get the new phone and dad get's the old one " ....well he's to cheap to pitch in another $50 to $100 for a Good phone ........but is quice to ***** about a cheap phone ...LOL ...........................

So what do you guys think ????
    08-28-09 12:31 AM
    As long as a phone is active, and the bill is being paid, they really don't care who has what phone. You can switch lines as necessary, I've done it several times myself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-09 12:35 AM
    My friend actually did the same exact thing with sprint, Her dad who had like a really old flip phone didnt really care what kind of phone he had because he used it only for calls, so they went to the store and she bought a palm pre on his plan then they just swapped phones...

they said there was nothing wrong with that as long as your not canceling anything sprint will do just about anything to keep the customers happy at this point.
    08-28-09 12:38 AM
    well I'm glad to hear that this will work......can't wait to get my BB ......Parents plan is'nt up till Oct. , but they may push it forward for me ...they where willing to do it for my wifes phone ...........So how much will adding a BB to the account be ??..thats one thing I have'nt researched , we have a Fair and Flex plan right now with 700 min..........it's like $80 a month plus all the freaking taxes .......... and Nobody uses the phones much but me it works......
    08-28-09 02:38 AM
    You'd more than likely have to add a data plan for the Blackberry.
    08-28-09 06:23 AM
    This BIS package is $30 a month.
    08-28-09 07:12 AM
    I do upgrades like this all the time....since i pay the bill I use my husbands upgrade, sons upgrade and my upgrade to feed my blackberry addiction....
    Last edited by MsRandall; 08-29-09 at 12:21 PM.
    08-28-09 09:40 AM
    I did that once, got an upgrade on another one and swapped phones on my lines. I caught a lot of crap when it came time to get my rebate... just be prepared for that. otherwise you should be ok.
    08-28-09 11:07 AM
    Sprint will not do it in store - they have a policy that states the phone has to be active for 30 days on the line for which it was upgraded on.

I will say that ordering online/telesales circumvents this process...
    08-28-09 11:11 AM
    They'll do it but you'll lose your mail in rebate

08-28-09 02:22 PM
    If the upgrade has a mail in rebate, the phone must be active on that person account for 30 days.
    I would recommend getting at bestbuy and so you dont have to deal with the rebate.
    08-28-09 02:30 PM
    If the upgrade has a mail in rebate, the phone must be active on that person account for 30 days.
    I would recommend getting at bestbuy and so you dont have to deal with the rebate.
    So BB will give you the instant rebate, then right away you could swap the phones to the other line?

Sprint will not do it in store - they have a policy that states the phone has to be active for 30 days on the line for which it was upgraded on.

I will say that ordering online/telesales circumvents this process...
    Do you still qualify for the mail in rebate without having to wait the 30 days if you order online or thru telesales?
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 08-29-09 at 11:24 AM.
    08-29-09 11:16 AM
    Yes BB and RS are the best options if you are unable to get an instant rebate.
    08-29-09 12:22 PM
    just be careful... sometimes best buy and radio shack have certain terms and conditions that make it so you cant swap until after 30 days
    08-29-09 12:45 PM
    Yes BB and RS are the best options if you are unable to get an instant rebate.
    I just lost you here... can you explain?

just be careful... sometimes best buy and radio shack have certain terms and conditions that make it so you cant swap until after 30 days
    That'd be during certain promotions they're having or just anytime?
    08-29-09 05:30 PM
    Whenever I upgrade I use BB or RS so I can switch the device back to my line however the last 2 times I have ordered a phone curve and tour the phones were released via telesales first...so I used my Executive Service rep who gives me instant rebates anyway...

So if a person is not able to get an instant rebate thru telesales I would use BB or RS instead to make my purchase. I hate mail in rebates with Sprint.

SIDENOTE: I have not had a charge back from BB but then again I havent used my technique with them in 2 years. YMMV
    08-29-09 06:10 PM
    Gotcha... so your suggestion would be to see if Sprint will provide the instant rebate 1st before going to RS or BB. Sprint won't do chargebacks if you order thru them and switch within 30 days (or even on the 1st day? lol)?
    08-29-09 06:36 PM
    going to Best Buy also circumvents the issues, and there are no MIRs to worry about. I went in, guy upgraded my phone line that was available to be upgraded, then turned around and transfered the phone to my primary. All was well with the world At least in my world
    08-29-09 09:24 PM
    Thats the plan ............I'm going to checkout my local Best buy tomarrow ................now if I can get them to upgrade my third phone line a month early and swap mine out all is good ...in my world . I did talk to a sprint salesman today ....he said I would get the rebate even if I swaped the phones out on my lines .....but it was still a mail in and I don't want to wait that long ........................ Hopefully by tomarrow night I will be a fellow Crackberry addict
    08-29-09 10:40 PM
    You like to use the ... thing a lot, don't you?

08-30-09 01:55 PM
    So much for Best Buy ......they don't carry Sprint in there store's here in Washington ......only on line .................... and the guy at the sprint store said no way on pushing my 3rd lines $150 dredit up a month for renewal .......... 1 month ?? come on ............ there gaining more than they'd lose ................ I feal like going back and telling hime fine ..no problem ...I won't renew the 3rd line and my phones up in a year I'll slowley remove everything on my plan and you can kiss my @$$ ..........
    08-30-09 10:02 PM
    So much for Best Buy ......they don't carry Sprint in there store's here in Washington ......only on line .................... and the guy at the sprint store said no way on pushing my 3rd lines $150 dredit up a month for renewal .......... 1 month ?? come on ............ there gaining more than they'd lose ................ I feal like going back and telling hime fine ..no problem ...I won't renew the 3rd line and my phones up in a year I'll slowley remove everything on my plan and you can kiss my @$$ ..........
    Ok, so here's another thought for you...Use the Best Buy website and see if they carry Sprint for your area...As for pushing up the $150 discount, I'm not sure why they won't -- Seeing as my reps here in KY told me they could push a $150 upgrade one month early (I'm due in Dec for my primary line, and they said they could do it in Nov), so it might be wise to find another rep or a manager. I've got awesome reps - no question - but they won't do anything to get in trouble or cost them their jobs. Also, might check out Radio Shack -- they have the same options as Best Buy (all instant rebates, no MIRs).

Be careful about Sprint and MIRs though -- my SIL changed her phone number (left the phone on the same line and everything) and they gave her **** about her rebate. Didn't want to give it to her because "the phone wasn't active on the phone number it was purchased with for 30 days"..This was a phone number change (she was getting harrassing phone calls from an ex and wanted a new number was all). So be MIGHTY careful about switching phones and still getting MIRs. My rep here told me that if I swapped the phone from my secondary to my primary then I wouldn't get the rebate. Just my experiences. Good luck!
    08-31-09 01:51 AM
    This is your best course of action! I have done this several times before. It works and NO MAIL IN REBATE ISSUES
    08-31-09 08:40 AM
    I did it with my son phone. I had the 8330 and he was up for a upgrade. So I bought the tour online. He lives in different city so i had both phones with me. I had to wait 30 days before I could switch and get the rebate. So I waited 30 long days, finally did the switch. Couldn't get the tour to do the reprovisioning, had to wait a day to do. Ended up getting a new tour. Very happy with the tour. I had the 8830 and 8330.
    Finally go the rebate check, took about 1 month.
    08-31-09 09:17 AM
    going to Best Buy also circumvents the issues, and there are no MIRs to worry about. I went in, guy upgraded my phone line that was available to be upgraded, then turned around and transfered the phone to my primary. All was well with the world At least in my world
    To do that did you have to put the BB add-on on the line you were adding, then take it off once you did the switch at home?
    Last edited by Jaggrey; 08-31-09 at 10:30 AM.
    08-31-09 10:28 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD