Earlier today my phone was working just fine and then all of a sudden it will not send or receive text messages or phone calls. When I try to call someone, even my voicemail, I get the message "We're sorry but your service does not allow calling to the number dialed Alltel 1099". I'm not in a new or unusual area for my phone, I'm in this area at least once a week and this is the first time I've had any problems like this.
    08-27-09 09:38 PM
    Don't know what it could be.. call tech help and see what they can do for you.
    08-27-09 11:31 PM
    it could be network related issues, are you being converted to verizon soon? the same thing happened to me a few months ago and lasted for a day. alltel said that they were going to make a trouble ticket and get back to me. My phone started working the next day so i guess they felt, "no need to get back to me". the crazy thing about it is that i have 4 lines and only 2 of them were acting crazy. the other two worked fine.
    08-28-09 08:35 AM
    Make sure your phone is not set to line 2.

Go to the dial screen and look right above where the number would be displayed when you dial. See if it says Line 2. Then switch it back to Line 1.
    08-28-09 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I took it into the store yesterday and it turns out they failed to send me a message about updating my phone to the Verizon network. The guy just had to dial a quick number and it was taken care of. Now my phone is working just fine.
    08-30-09 02:18 PM
    Hmmm... it was a MIN update... Sounds like you missed the letter in the mail and the text message(s)... Gotta pay attention to those, haha.
    08-31-09 04:51 AM
    Hmmm... it was a MIN update... Sounds like you missed the letter in the mail and the text message(s)... Gotta pay attention to those, haha.
    It's funny.. Some people are so busy dodging collection calls and mailings (not saying the OP was), that they forget to look at the really important stuff!
    08-31-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD