No screen ripple, trackball and batt door are fine.

Made in Mexico BTW..

NOW...I've read the horror stories of people trying to get their phone activated/provisioned.... any suggestion on the best way to do it?
    08-27-09 05:51 PM
    Activated online.... turned the Tour on and it did everything automatic.. I was shocked.
    08-27-09 08:18 PM
    did you order your through telesales or online or at a store?
    08-27-09 09:26 PM
    Provisioning I do from my curve.
    Go to settings. Mobile network. Hit menu and select start provision

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 09:26 PM
    did you order your through telesales or online or at a store?
    Ordered it online yesterday morning, got it today. I turned my Curves radio off, turned the Tour off, did the activation online, turned the Tour on and it did the rest. I did have to log into my blackberry account online to get the push email working again but that took 5 secs. I am really shocked how quick it went. The website gave me some numbers it said I would need but I didn't end up needing them...

1. Information you need: Secondary 6-digit code: 4****2
    One-time 6-digit code: 4****8
    MDN (Phone Number): (***) ***-****
    MSID(IMSI): 00000**********

What are those Secondary and One-time codes? MSL?...love to unlock it just to do it.

EDIT: After getting off my lazy **** and using Google.... those won't unlock it...just have to call and say I will be travelling overseas yada yada yada... what can I do with those codes if anything?
    Last edited by otacon72; 08-27-09 at 11:32 PM.
    08-27-09 11:28 PM
    Congrats on getting one without any issues. Enjoy your new toy.
    08-28-09 08:29 AM
    Can you find out when your Blackberry was manufactured? I understand it was made in Mexico but do you know when? I believe it should say it on the box!
    The label says...

PRD-22706-005 120809
    Model: RCF71CW Handheld Made in MEXICO 5

It doesn't have an actual date on the label. Might there be a ## code that will tell me on the unit itself? I've had no issues thus far. Trackball is set at 70/70 btw.
    08-28-09 08:44 AM
    Does it come with WIFI?????

The Tour does not have WiFi..
    08-28-09 02:18 PM
    The format of Canada's date is DD/MM/YY...so there is definitely a date. Thanks a lot. If you could just find out that number on the side of the battery once the battery cover has been taken off...that would be great.

If that number is 005 then it's great news for all Sprint users.
    Will check as soon as I get home. I've had no issues thus far and I put it through its pases today. Just need to make this text bigger without having to zoom everytime..lol

EDIT: Just checked.. It's 005

Last edited by otacon72; 08-28-09 at 03:17 PM.
    08-28-09 03:03 PM
    Is 005 what's on the new Tours denoted by the green dot? Has Sprint not gotten these yet? Think I'm starting to have slight problems with my horizontal scrolling on my new Sprint Tour (1 week old) but don't want to exchange until I know I'll get one that's fixed. I don't think Sprint has new stock yet like Verizon do they?
    08-28-09 03:06 PM
    It is 005

08-28-09 03:22 PM
    Holy ****. That means you probably have a new batch that RIM has put out. Keep us updated as far how the phone is doing? does the trackball feel weird? Do you have to feather it for it to move or can you even push on it and it will work?
    Phone is doing just fine, no resets thus far. Fired up Nascar, SprintTV, took some pics, etc and all is well. The trackball is very responsive. It is set lower and seems smaller than the Curve's but I like it that way. Keep you all updated but all is well so far...
    08-28-09 07:13 PM
    Well this is certainly good news.. Keep us posted!
    08-29-09 11:17 AM
    Maybe this is hope for me I'm on my 5th Tour as of right now, but the trackball has gone south for a long trip with the devil...I've put off going to get another one, so my guys at best buy don't think I'm crazy (oh wait, they know better!), but they've been awesome about it so far! I'll wait another few days, then take it in....

OP: What about the signal strength? Is yours doing well with it?

Melissa
    08-29-09 02:23 PM
    i had a lot of trouble getting my tour set up and activated. The first one they sent me had a messed up battery door and you could see the insides of the phone, so i had to send it back for another one. All i can say is keep trying to activate and provision it, took me about 5 times before it finally worked rite!
    09-01-09 09:02 AM
    No screen ripple, trackball and batt door are fine.

Made in Mexico BTW..

NOW...I've read the horror stories of people trying to get their phone activated/provisioned.... any suggestion on the best way to do it?
    I got my first tour 8/10; made in mexico (5). Trackball sucked, but was usable. I did "feather" it to make move decently. I tried to live with it because it was a pain in the *** to put that Zagg Cover on. Horizontal seemed to work like crap, but the vertical wasn't bad. I lived with it, until a couple of days ago, then the stupid trackball just stopped working all together.

Went into a corporate store. Told my problem. They replaced it with a brand new unit, no questions asked. It was made in Mexico again. But this time, the trackball works a whole lot better. I'm wondering if they made some changes to the manufacturing process.

Who knows, but it seems my unit is working great now after having it replaced.
    09-02-09 03:09 AM
    I got a Tour yesterday manufactured on 8/11/09 and the trackball was crap right out of the box. Got my return kit coming and I'm not going to get another one until I know for sure that RIM has solved this issue. This is pretty lame IMO.Everything else was great, no muffled sound and the battery door was fine.
    09-02-09 08:24 AM
    So I got my new Tour yesterday from my Sprint Corporate Store. This is by FAR the best one I've had so far, and I think it's going to last me.

Trackball issues = none
    Screen Ripple = NONE (this has been one of my biggest issues)
    Signal = okay (not great, but I've had worse!)
    Provisioning = AWESOME! It provisioned before I even left the store (compared to up to 24 hours on previous Tours)

All in all - I'm pleased. I'm thinking that the signal issues may be cleared up with an OS update OR an AirRave - which has already been comped by Sprint CS, but are on back order...

Life is good in my blackberry world!
    09-02-09 03:42 PM
    Well I've had my 005 for I think 2 weeks now.

Trackball is still perfect.

It did reboot once on it own but I had been in a no signal area for over an hour.

Making a call is 50% faster on the Tour than my Curve I've found.

It is heavier than the Curve but I like it...feels more solid in my hands.

Speaking of...I have large hands and I love the keys on the Tour.

Trackball takes a bit to get used to since it sits lower than the Curve's does.

A worthy upgrade, glad I made the switch.
    09-03-09 07:46 PM
    Ok - I've had my new Tour since Tuesday (this is my 6th Tour, btw) and I have to say, this one is the BEST one I've had. I'm keeping it! It is a Mexico 5, and it's still an 004, but it's working AWESOMELY, and I have no complaints...

Just wanted to share the fact that I finally got a 004 that works perfectly, similar to a few people on here! I have to say though, I'd say it was one of the last 004, before they changed it to the 005. Basically, they figured out how to fix the problems, and once they figured out that everything was on the up and up, they changed the 004 to 005.

To recap, I'm THRILLED! Not only did I get a new job, I got a Blackberry Tour that is AWESOME! This week has been wonderful!

Ok, my happy dance and song is now done
    09-04-09 10:14 PM
    Sweet ..............

Now can you get my Tour from them and find me a Job ...????
    09-04-09 10:55 PM
    My 004 is great. Picked up 9-4-09 as repl. # 2. Bat door tight. TB working. Bit of screen ripple. Solid. Mexico 5.

09-05-09 05:09 AM
    Ok - I've had my new Tour since Tuesday (this is my 6th Tour, btw) and I have to say, this one is the BEST one I've had. I'm keeping it! It is a Mexico 5, and it's still an 004, but it's working AWESOMELY, and I have no complaints...

Just wanted to share the fact that I finally got a 004 that works perfectly, similar to a few people on here! I have to say though, I'd say it was one of the last 004, before they changed it to the 005. Basically, they figured out how to fix the problems, and once they figured out that everything was on the up and up, they changed the 004 to 005.
    I also have a Mexico 5 (004) Made on August 12, 2009. I received it last Monday. I haven't had any problems with it at all (other than it crashing from several app incompatibilities). Trackball is fine, and the battery cover is fine. I haven't noticed any screen ripples, except maybe an hour ago. I noticed out of the corner of my eye while playing the texas hold'em game (that came with the phone) that it would slightly ripple at the bottom right corner of the screen whenever I clicked with the trackball. Other than that specific scenario, there is no screen ripples (I click the trackball all the time in other windows, but it's only that poker game where it's noticeable).

This phone is definitely a keeper.
    09-07-09 07:23 PM
    Enjoy..................
    09-07-09 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD