Hi,

Since update .282 I've been getting this error every time I open the Browser.
    I recently updated to .297 and I still have the same error.

The Browser settings are okay and the Browser Identification under Browser Configuration is set to BlackBerry and even on Hotspot or Internet Browser (using EDGE) I keep getting the same error.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    08-27-09 04:29 PM
    I am having the same issue since upgrading to .292 and even .297. Any assistance would be appreciated
    08-29-09 03:52 PM
    I'm having the same issue. It started after I upgraded to .297. I've tried downgrading to .282 & the issue still persists.

So.. I'm assuming some settings must have been screwed up during the upgrade to .297

Still cracking my head on how to solve the annoying issue.

Any help would be mush appreciated.
    09-01-09 06:00 AM
    Make sure your default browser is set to internet browser and not hotspot browser.

Can be found in settings options advanced options browser. It'll be the first choice.

The difference is that the internet browser goes through the BIS server whereas the hotspot is just a straight internet connection via wifi.

Hope this helps.
    Hi,

Since update .282 I've been getting this error every time I open the Browser.
    I recently updated to .297 and I still have the same error.

The Browser settings are okay and the Browser Identification under Browser Configuration is set to BlackBerry and even on Hotspot or Internet Browser (using EDGE) I keep getting the same error.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 06:09 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion.. I've tried that. The issue is still there..

Any other settings to change?
    Last edited by netbeans; 09-01-09 at 07:25 AM.
    09-01-09 06:52 AM
    I'm having the same problem since updating device software.
    09-01-09 10:42 PM
    Try setting it to FF or IE and see if that works.
    09-01-09 10:55 PM
    If you can goto any other pages from the bb browser, that sounds like the page you bookmarked wasn't quite right. Can you try not to load the startup pages and see will it help? Or change to load the bookmark list as startup pages. Hope it help.
    09-01-09 11:08 PM
    If you can goto any other pages from the bb browser, that sounds like the page you bookmarked wasn't quite right. Can you try not to load the startup pages and see will it help? Or change to load the bookmark list as startup pages. Hope it help.
    yup.. i can go to other pages from bb browser. but when i key in mobile.blackberry.com, i get the error message.

Action taken thus far:
    1. Clear history/cache
    2. Change to FF & IE
    3. Change to hotspots & internet browser
    4. Downgrade to original firmware when i got my Bold (.190)
    5. Upgrade to .297
    6. Enable WiFi & test
    7. Disable WiFi & test (run on BIS)
    8. Installed Bolt, and still cannot go to mobile.blackberry.com

Next action plan:
    1. Backup messages (MOST crucial)
    2. Wipe handheld
    3. Restore messages
    4. Manually configure other settings (ringtone, time, etc)
    5. Resend Service Book
    6. Sync contacts, calendar, notes/memo with Outlook

-> Wish me luck
    Last edited by netbeans; 09-02-09 at 12:43 AM.
    09-02-09 12:02 AM
    yup.. i can go to other pages from bb browser. but when i key in mobile.blackberry.com, i get the error message.

Action taken thus far:
    1. Clear history/cache
    2. Change to FF & IE
    3. Change to hotspots & internet browser
    4. Downgrade to original firmware when i got my Bold (.190)
    5. Upgrade to .297
    6. Enable WiFi & test
    7. Disable WiFi & test (run on BIS)
    8. Installed Bolt, and still cannot go to mobile.blackberry.com

Next action plan:
    1. Backup messages (MOST crucial)
    2. Wipe handheld
    3. Restore messages
    4. Manually configure other settings (ringtone, time, etc)
    5. Resend Service Book
    6. Sync contacts, calendar, notes/memo with Outlook

-> Wish me luck
    Ok.. action plan above doesn't solve the annoying issue. I'm totally lost now.
    09-02-09 01:29 AM
    Doing a wipe doesn't even get you fixed? Whoa.

Ummm... call the carrier? That's the last I've got for you.
    09-02-09 01:30 AM
    Doing a wipe doesn't even get you fixed? Whoa.

Ummm... call the carrier? That's the last I've got for you.
    Ya i know.. It's weird. A wipe should have cleared all the mess.. sigh..

On the phone with carrier now.. for sure they're gonna say the .297 is not tested by them la.. bla..bla..bla..

Update:
    I think my carrier needs more help than me. "Excuse me sir, the BB Browser is for corporate use only"
    Last edited by netbeans; 09-02-09 at 02:03 AM.
    09-02-09 01:46 AM
    Update:
    I think my carrier needs more help than me. "Excuse me sir, the BB Browser is for corporate use only"
    wow, just wow. How dumb can they get?!
    09-02-09 02:38 AM
    It could be the default theme uses the hotspot browser rather than the internet browser. This would seem to explain why the service rep didn't know. You probably tried this already, but in the browser go to options then browser config and make sure that's on the right browser too.

Other than that all I can suggest is to call your provider back and ask for the cell provider blackberry support team (tier 2 at least) or request they give you a trouble ticket with RIM. Hope this helps.

On a side note, you're not missing much on the bb page. I find it rather useless for my 8220 personally.

09-02-09 07:27 AM
    Also may want to try bb support forums. Bb reps frequent those boards, and have been very useful to me.

Make sure you activate logging for the browser module, they may want to see that.

On the main menu, press and hold alt and then press l g l g

Click menu options set min log level to debug then make sure that net.rim.browser module is checked. I would check the browser push module underneath too just in case. Uncheck everything else except system and net.rim.ippp to slim down the log for the tech and your phone memory sake.

09-02-09 07:41 AM
    Call your provider, this may be a provisioning issue.
    09-02-09 07:46 AM
    Thank you all your for suggestions & help.

I've called my carrier again, and it seems that they themselves are are not sure how to solve the annoying issue, as according to the helpdesk/service consultant, this is the the 1st time anyone has logged a case about a Non-BlackBerry Page error.

Anyway, I'll be visiting my carrier within the next few days, and will update the outcome here.
    Last edited by netbeans; 09-02-09 at 03:08 PM.
    09-02-09 03:04 PM
    I personally dont think this is a carrier issue. As stated earlier I am also having the problem and it occured immediately after I upgraded to .292 and then later when I moved to .297.

I am still on .297 and haven't attempted to gone back to .282 to see if that solves the problem because frankly I can live without browing mobile.blackberry.com.

Reasons why I don't think it is a carrier issue. I am in Jamaica and using a totally different carrier from the OP. I had sent the OS to a friend of mine to upgrade from .282 after seeing all the great things being said about .297 and he also has the problem immediately after updating. He is also in Jamaica and on a different carrier than me.

But do let us know your outcome and I hope all is resolved soon.
    09-02-09 03:10 PM
    I'm also having this same issues it's so irritating
    09-02-09 03:50 PM
    Same issue here on my Bold running .266. Definitely using the right browser and settings. My wife's Pearl, same carrier, works fine.

I wonder if the issue is with mobile.blackberry.com. Can anyone confirm that their Bold is currently working with the site? If so, what OS version are you running?
    09-03-09 09:24 AM
    Same issue here on my Bold running .266. Definitely using the right browser and settings. My wife's Pearl, same carrier, works fine.

I wonder if the issue is with mobile.blackberry.com. Can anyone confirm that their Bold is currently working with the site? If so, what OS version are you running?
    Yeah, mine did work with no issues till I upgraded to a higher OS and then downgraded since didn't like the overall performance.
    09-03-09 09:35 AM

I'm on 297 and it works fine.
    09-03-09 09:37 AM
    Dear all..

Visited my carrier today. Hmmm... I am even more confused now.

The consultant showed me his Bold, running on .190. Also having the same issues:
    1. Cannot browse: mobile.blackberry.com
    2. Cannot access blackberry help

so.. all my complaints were shot down as: This issue is related to Bold. No other attempt was made, and no further explanation was given.
    09-07-09 01:52 PM
    Actually i have a 8900 running 190 upgraded from 250 and it doesnt work either not even with 250. so there must be a error from RIM and not from carrier. Im with telefonica and everything is set properly.
    Also i wipe my device 4 times this morning with different OS'es and no luck. maybe they are doing some stuff with 5.0 and mobile home page thats causing the error...
    guess ill stick to google home page in the mean time....
    09-07-09 02:05 PM
    Dear friends..

Today, i just tried my luck at pointing my browser to mobile.blackberry.com.. and violahh.. can browse!!

So.. I don't know what to conclude. Is it a carrier, RIM, or firmware issue.
    09-18-09 03:50 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD