I just received an email that I am eligible for an early equipment upgrade and that I can get a Tour at a discounted price. I says I have up until Oct to do this. Looking for an opinon here, should I go with the early upgrade, or wait it out until the Storm 2? Thanks folks!!!
    08-27-09 01:15 PM
    Pretty sure you can save your NE2 discount as long as you want. I know someone that saved it for a year before using it (friends parents who didn't care for a new phone). However the tour is on sale for $150 right now and the price might go back to $200? not sure. Everyone always say its preference. If you want touch screen wait for storm 2, if u want a real keyboard get the tour.
    08-27-09 01:17 PM
    tuff call... storm 2 looks very interesting (if you are happy with not having a keyboard)... it has wifi, for instance.
    For what it is worth, tho, I switched recently from the storm (purchased at launch) to a tour and i couldn't be happier.
    get a tour now... wait for the storm 2 to hit the streets and mature a bit, then get one of those
    08-27-09 01:19 PM
    Pretty sure you can save your NE2 discount as long as you want.
    Well its not the new every 2 though, its just an early equipment upgrade. I dont believe I've ever recieved that since I've been with VZW just because I always want the new and best phones so I switch within a year. What the early equipment upgrade does is it allows me to get a new phone but @ the new contract price.

Are there as many issues with the OS being buggy on the Tour as there are with the Storm?
    08-27-09 01:38 PM
    If your main line and VIP you can upgrade every year with $50 discount. NE2 for $100 discount. Depending on the company you work for you might also be eligible for business discounts as well when you upgrade.

Also, its personal preference. If touch screen is your thing do it up. WiFi is also included on the Storm 2 as a bonus for you. Not worth it imo because I'm not into the touch screen fad. I like a solid reliable and physical keyboard. Everyone is different. Imo the Tour is a solid BB and worth the upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by revolutionary_3; 08-27-09 at 01:43 PM.
    08-27-09 01:40 PM
    I do get a discount through my employer as well.
    08-27-09 01:43 PM
    I wouldn't go with the Storm 2...The track record of the storm makes me wonder what the storm 2 will be like.
    08-27-09 01:45 PM
    Kinda debating this exact same thing. Kinda want to wait to see if the price of the Tour comes down with the Storm 2 and Curve 2 coming out in the next couple months.
    08-27-09 01:52 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I'm currently on my second Tour but its probably going back shortly due to frequent reboots, trackball issues, etc. The new 'green dot' Tours appear to have fixed a lot of the early manufacturing problems so I'm considering sticking with the Tour, but I'm pretty intrigued by the Storm 2. I really like the WiFi aspect because I go to a few places where cell reception is terrible, but I could still use Blackberry Messenger over WiFi. For me, its the difference between the touchscreen and the keyboard and at this point, I'm just not sure...
    08-27-09 02:28 PM
    Got with the TOUR.. Great phone, The best phone i ever had..

(I had the pearl, curve, storm 1)
    08-27-09 02:49 PM
    Get the Tour no need for wifi this thing is fast enough lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 03:10 PM
    Pretty sure you can save your NE2 discount as long as you want. I know someone that saved it for a year before using it (friends parents who didn't care for a new phone). However the tour is on sale for $150 right now and the price might go back to $200? not sure. Everyone always say its preference. If you want touch screen wait for storm 2, if u want a real keyboard get the tour.
    yea the ne2 never goes away. had a meeting with the RIM rep and he said they would be "aggressively pricing their phones" so i would imagine the price will stay down for a while
    08-27-09 03:11 PM
    Interesting... but, for me:

Loving the tour - seems to me all the initial problems with the tour are pretty much ironed out with a few exceptions.

Can't imagine the laundry list of issues that will come with the storm 2 especially since it might be pushed up to October/November now.

Basically comes down to Keyboard / no keyboard and how important is wifi.
    08-27-09 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD