Skydeck | Text Messaging, Cell Phone History, Contact Backup

download link is Skydeck :: Download

description from one of my other posts http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...ml#post3447000

after it's installed & running. can only access by clicking icon & not through app switcher. seems that what shows up in app switcher is like a ghost to show its on.

it won't properly back up birthdays, anniversaries, & addresses. usually only a factor when restoring phone after wipe.
    birthdays & anniversiries through the drop down menu dont save. just type the dates into the notes section at bottom of contact file in bb.
    addresses saves but not properly. entire address gets clumped into "Address 1:" line.
    Last edited by BerSerX; 08-27-09 at 08:08 PM.
    08-27-09 11:21 AM
    Nice ill look into this today.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 11:33 AM
    any way to transfer all the text i have in my "saved messages folder"?
    08-27-09 09:34 PM
    Disable compatibility mode to change the "ghost" icon to the actual icon in App Switcher.
    08-27-09 09:37 PM
    Using the little freebie from SB44 to backup to SD card but may need to give Skydeck a test drive. Looks interesting. Thanks for the head's up about it.
    08-28-09 04:33 AM
    Disable compatibility mode to change the "ghost" icon to the actual icon in App Switcher.
    all my apps have comp mode disabled. i'm not talking about the skydeck app that opens when you click the main icon. i'm referring to the skydeck mobile app that runs in the background & you can't turn it off. thanks for the tip though.

SB44 backs up to SD. sounds interesting. would be helpful if i just happened to not have a signal & wasn't near a pc. thanks for info cad.

give a little, get a little
    08-28-09 08:34 AM
    so know one knows if i can upload messages that were already on my phone before i installed skydeck? i.e. messages in my saved folder?
    08-29-09 09:28 AM
    so know one knows if i can upload messages that were already on my phone before i installed skydeck? i.e. messages in my saved folder?
    sorry. forgot to subscribed to own post, lol.

as far as i know, you only sync call history, message inbox, & contacts.

check w/ site. if there aren't too many saved messages, send them to yourself.
    08-29-09 01:06 PM
    yea i was gonna resend them to me its only like 15 but i work at vzw and when i get home its like why would o be working at home you know
    08-29-09 02:50 PM
    yea i was gonna resend them to me its only like 15 but i work at vzw and when i get home its like why would o be working at home you know
    i'm confused. how does resending those 15 conflict w/ you working at verizon?

*it's only for texts, not emails. they don't get logged in skydeck. not able to access it, might be a security thing.
    Last edited by BerSerX; 08-29-09 at 10:34 PM.
    08-29-09 08:40 PM
    Nice app. Does it run a client on your phone and eat up some mem?
    08-30-09 06:51 AM
    Nice app. Does it run a client on your phone and eat up some mem?
    runs in background like bbm & phone. as soon as you change contacts, it updates the web instantly. it's just like google sync in that it won't save any birthday's or anniversary's set in the contact info. as far as i've noticed eats much less mem than weather apps or themes.

check out site. it can provide much more in depth info than i can.
    08-30-09 02:25 PM
    i'm confused. how does resending those 15 conflict w/ you working at verizon?

*it's only for texts, not emails. they don't get logged in skydeck. not able to access it, might be a security thing.
    im saying i work all day using phones some times the last thing i want to do go home and work on mine
    08-30-09 03:24 PM
    im saying i work all day using phones some times the last thing i want to do go home and work on mine
    oh, i get it. well, it isn't really work.

can't upload emails to the site, which sucks for some.

as soon as you download it. set up account. only time you would need to log in again is if app is being reinstalled due to os upgrade. even batt pull doesn't affect app. app starts & auto syncs txts if any. perform contacts sync yourself & the rest of the apps life is automated. you edit contact, it uploads as soon as you hit save.
    08-30-09 03:43 PM
    runs in background like bbm & phone. as soon as you change contacts, it updates the web instantly. it's just like google sync in that it won't save any birthday's or anniversary's set in the contact info. as far as i've noticed eats much less mem than weather apps or themes.

check out site. it can provide much more in depth info than i can.
    Trying it out now. Thanks!
    08-30-09 07:05 PM
    Oh great, it slaps on a signature "Sent from skydeck.com" on all outgoing text messages via skydeck.
    08-31-09 10:27 AM
    it doesnt back up any messages prior installation?
    08-31-09 10:56 AM
    Nope. Uninstalled it.
    08-31-09 08:22 PM
    Using the little freebie from SB44 to backup to SD card but may need to give Skydeck a test drive. Looks interesting. Thanks for the head's up about it.
    Do you or anyone have a link to this app from SB44?
    09-01-09 10:09 AM
    Oh great, it slaps on a signature "Sent from skydeck.com" on all outgoing text messages via skydeck.
    it's a free service. like youmail & slacker, they slap on the ads somewhere.
    09-01-09 10:43 AM
    it only backs up texts not emails. check w/ site. if you're looking to back up emails, i'd suggest the email account linked to email. if its a work email then just forward it to a personal account. or just use bdm.

i only use skydeck for contacts & call logs.
    Last edited by BerSerX; 09-01-09 at 10:58 AM.
    09-01-09 10:45 AM
    it's a free service. like youmail & slacker, they slap on the ads somewhere.
    So is Dashwire.com that does something similar (I'd say much better) for Windows Mobile and Symbian phones.
    09-01-09 05:32 PM
    So is Dashwire.com that does something similar (I'd say much better) for Windows Mobile and Symbian phones.
    are you looking for a free way to txt? you can look up carrier email suffixes. i would send emails to some friends phones, "phone#"@vtext.com(Verizon) or "phone#"@tmomail.net(T-Mobile). when i send them messages, the 1 in front of the # has to be left out. they would receive it as a mms.

not sure if that's an option for Telus & the other carriers in your area.
    09-01-09 06:11 PM
    are you looking for a free way to txt? you can look up carrier email suffixes. i would send emails to some friends phones, "phone#"@vtext.com(Verizon) or "phone#"@tmomail.net(T-Mobile). when i send them messages, the 1 in front of the # has to be left out. they would receive it as a mms.

not sure if that's an option for Telus & the other carriers in your area.
    No no, not looking for options for online texting. Just looking to use an app like Skydeck through which I want to send text messages which routes the message through your phone so they see your number.

That's not the case with Skydeck. They put the signature, AND your number shows up as [email protected] in the FROM section which sucks.
    09-01-09 06:13 PM
    No no, not looking for options for online texting. Just looking to use an app like Skydeck through which I want to send text messages which routes the message through your phone so they see your number.

That's not the case with Skydeck. They put the signature, AND your number shows up as [email protected] in the FROM section which sucks.
    i know you're not looking for online texting. i was suggesting another way to txt for free. i would send an email w/ the format i listed from my bb. they would receive as mms & my email would show. but i'm not sure if you can w/ Telus.
    09-01-09 06:45 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD