I went to a recommended link and downloaded one small file named 9000BBM5.jad. I placed this file in my BLACKBERRY1 folder (in my bold) under APPLICATIONS. Now what?
    08-26-09 06:59 PM
    Go to BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs and download the 4.6 Bold OTA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:26 PM
    I used that link and updated yesterday it only took me. 10 minute the most I think it was quicker

08-26-09 07:29 PM
    I used that link and updated yesterday it only took me. 10 minute the most I think it was quicker

Did you lose your contacts?
    08-26-09 07:32 PM
    You download that JAD file straight to your phone from your phones browser.

No need to download it to your computer.

To install it from pc to phone you need the .cod and .alx files.

08-26-09 07:55 PM
    You download that JAD file straight to your phone from your phones browser.

No need to download it to your computer.

To install it from pc to phone you need the .cod and .alx files.

the OTA way is alot easier than installing the COD and alx files in DM. you cant just install a jad file via the computer. just find an OTA link like said above and it will complete the install for you.
    08-26-09 08:00 PM
    the OTA way is alot easier than installing the COD and alx files in DM. you cant just install a jad file via the computer. just find an OTA link like said above and it will complete the install for you.
    can you teach me step by step please... i download the file then what????????
    08-26-09 08:05 PM
    for OTA or installing via destop mgr? search the Native Applications forum. theres millions of BBM 5.0 threads explaining how to properly install it. the best way is to google or search for a working OTA download, typing it in your BB browser and it will install itself. geeez.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 08-26-09 at 08:20 PM.
    08-26-09 08:13 PM
    Did you lose your contacts?
    Just did it an hour ago, and kept my contacts in bbm. I would just make sure you back them up before you do anything. This is a general rule, and applies to all upgrades to your phone.
    08-26-09 10:24 PM
    If I install bbm5 will it delete my contacts? and If I don't like it how do I move back to the one I just upgraded to with the AT&T update? and will I lose my contacts from that too?

Thanks for help
    08-26-09 10:28 PM
    if u update, it wont delete your contacts. it will just overwrite your current BBM and import those contacts into the new one. and if you search the Native Apps forum, theres a bunch of threads where people posted an OTA download link to the old BBM if you dont like BBM 5. and no, you shouldnt lose the contacts.
    El Bori likes this.
    08-26-09 10:31 PM
    Ok thank you a lot for confirming that.
    08-26-09 10:34 PM
    OH man this one is really buggy... anyone got the link OTA for bbm 4.6.0 appropriated im still looking
    08-26-09 10:44 PM
    guys check the Native Application forum down on the main forum page. thats where this thread belongs and where you will find endless info on BBM 5.0 and links to the OTA download to roll back to BBM 4.6/4.7
    08-27-09 02:08 AM
    dont even try installing it ! and take a backup if u insist
    08-27-09 02:19 AM
    bbm5 works perfectly on my bold, all messages go through, quicker than previous builds, avatar updates, ..few other things, i'd never switch back now, i installed a 5.0 OS and went back just to have bbm5, missed it too much
    08-27-09 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD