Yea...bc the reception issues are atrocious.
    08-26-09 02:42 PM
    reception issues? are you talking about the phone going to Roaming or 1x? i hope so.
    08-26-09 02:43 PM
    I agree....signal strength is a little off.....I can have a good 2 bars, walk two feet into my bedroom and it try to roam onto T-Mobile!!! whats that about. This is my first BB, and I really want to be impressed this is the ONLY thing that I dont like other than thatcompletely LOVE it!
    08-26-09 03:10 PM
    blame the carrier...not the phone...

but yes, it could fix the reception issues
    08-26-09 03:24 PM
    The funny thing is this. Even though the phone is bugging out with the reception signal symbols, it still holds reception well, and I feel better than my Curve.

For instance. IheartRadio is SO much better on the Tour. And it holds on to the spot where it stopped and starts there if it does skip. On the Curve it just stopped and I had to click play again.

Also, Sprint TV and Vuclip and Youtube all work much better than on the Curve. and Sprint TV and Vuclip look OH SO beautiful on the Tour's LCD screen, compared to the VGA on the Curve.

WCM
    08-26-09 03:27 PM
    not sure i don't really notice any difference other than my signal actually stays on the tour compared to the curve when I access data.
    08-26-09 03:37 PM
    It's not the OS. It's the Sprint Towers not fully compatibly with the Tour's hardware.

As Don said above, blame the carrier, not the phone.
    08-26-09 03:37 PM
    It's not the OS. It's the Sprint Towers not fully compatibly with the Tour's hardware.

Can you explain this ?
    08-26-09 03:44 PM

It seems to be BOTH Sprint and Verizon based on these forums. Also, I have a few friends with Tours on Verizon and they have bad signal issues.

I hope your are right about the towers being an issue because that is more likely to get fixed than RIM recalling their phones.
    08-26-09 03:48 PM

I don't know about that. You sound like a Verizon fanboy trying to justify why you pay so much more for similar service.

I just replaced my Sprint Tour with another Sprint Tour because I was having reception problems. It kept switching to 1xev to 1X to 1XEV. This new one is very solid.
    08-26-09 03:50 PM
    I don't know about that. You sound like a Verizon fanboy trying to justify why you pay so much more for similar service.

I just replaced my Sprint Tour with another Sprint Tour because I was having reception problems. It kept switching to 1xev to 1X to 1XEV. This new one is very solid.
    LOL, it's actually both the Sprint towers and the phone.

If you recall the whole reception issue with the 8330m Curves. This was because those phones were MEID instead of ESN. The Sprint towers seem to have issues with MEID based phones. However, there are known issues with some of the Tours having lousy reception as well.
    08-26-09 04:25 PM
    My problem is that I drop calls where I used to have full service...? I mean atm I get more bars on my Nextel 8350i.... This has never been an issue with Sprint pre BBTour so yea idk...?
    08-26-09 04:30 PM
    I have excellent coverage from Sprint just as I did with my old 8330. Sometimes the bars go down more than on my curve but it doesn't seem to affect anything. Maybe because I am in the Bay Area? I don't know, but I don't notice any signal problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:44 PM

Please explain smart guy lol
    08-26-09 04:46 PM

hehe yep Verizon Fanboys in Sprint related threads showing lack of device knowledge.
    Unfortunately some Verizon 9630s are having same signal cycle issue ,Hopefully 5.0 will fix for all.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-26-09 at 05:04 PM.
    08-26-09 04:52 PM
    No signal/reception issues here. Stronger than any phone I've had.
    08-26-09 04:53 PM
    No signal/reception issues here. Stronger than any phone I've had.
    2nd and 3rd 9630 had signal issue ,My 4th gets better sig then past 8330e
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-26-09 at 05:19 PM.
    08-26-09 05:03 PM
    LOL, it's actually both the Sprint towers and the phone.

If you recall the whole reception issue with the 8330m Curves. This was because those phones were MEID instead of ESN. The Sprint towers seem to have issues with MEID based phones. However, there are known issues with some of the Tours having lousy reception as well.
    Nonsence ^^^^
    8330 meid builds had software issue having nothing to do with Tower.
    Take a lookse into 8330m hybrid thread and learn something.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-26-09 at 05:22 PM.
    08-26-09 05:11 PM
    Well hopefully this will help my problem!! I like Sprint and my Tour !!!
    08-26-09 05:53 PM
    upppsss

lets hope this fixes everything
    08-26-09 08:32 PM
    Bell mobility here and lower signal than my other phones . My signal jumps up and down from a little movement of the phone.No dropped calls though. Not sprint or vzw related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD