While on the phone with Verizon tech support today-

The rep mentioned the new Storm 2 coming out and I said I don't want a touchscreen, I like the keyboard. He said there will be 2 versions- one with a built-in keyboard. That to me sounds like the best of both worlds!

Is there any word of a touchscreen/keyboard combo phone or was the tech probably smoking some funny stuff?
    08-26-09 12:52 PM
    Might be true but i doubt it
    08-26-09 01:17 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if RIM had a touchscreen with a keyboard in the works. I have no idea if it is true but I wouldn't doubt they are going to get one out.
    08-26-09 01:19 PM
    Wouldn't putting a keyboard on a Storm defeat the purpose if having a touchscreen? There was a rumored device (Magnum maybe?) that allegedly had both a touchscreen and a physical QWERTY keyboard - though I can't imagine calling it a Storm.
    08-26-09 01:21 PM
    So... an LG dare inspired BB? I like the idea but that rep was probably drinking the bong water
    08-26-09 01:22 PM
    So... an LG dare inspired BB? I like the idea but that rep was probably drinking the bong water
    That's NEVER a good idea!
    08-26-09 01:24 PM
    A keyboard on a touchscreen is a good idea, from a consumer marketing standpoint, but could imagine the bugs that thing would have on release. All I'd read for 3 straight months is how aweful the device is. Shortly after, an updated OS will get release, and everyone will talk about how great it is. Personally, I can see it coming, but not anytime this or next year. 2010 perhaps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 01:31 PM
    an included keyboard ALA Palm Pre will be perfect.
    08-26-09 01:32 PM
    That's NEVER a good idea!
    Many lessons learned lol
    08-26-09 01:35 PM
    Many lessons learned lol
    ...the hard way
    08-26-09 01:36 PM
    that rep was just totally misinformed. reps at stores/over the phone never know what they are talking about.
    08-26-09 02:26 PM
    that rep was just totally misinformed. reps at stores/over the phone never know what they are talking about.
    Yeah thats false. But continue your ignorant ways.
    08-26-09 02:39 PM
    It is possible there may be a touchscreen/keyboard combo, but I would not expect it soon nor would it be called a storm (as RickyRoss10 pointed out).

Ultimately, I think RIM realizes it needs to overhaul its OS. When it does you can be certain that they will rework it to function both with the keyboard/trackpad input and with touchscreen input in mind. They understand that web browsing is now an imperative function for even biz devices. They will want to capitalize on their touchscreen tech for that even on traditional keyboard BlackBerrys.

So yeah, I am sure it will come eventually. But, I will be surprised if it comes in 2009.

The Storm 2 will be a touchscreen device, not a combo device according to everything I have read. The two flavors of it will be one being a cdma+eugsm device (world phone on Verizon), and the other a gsm device without cdma.

08-26-09 02:49 PM
    well, dreaming is allways free
    08-26-09 02:50 PM
    The Pluto is a rumored touch qwerty phone.
    08-26-09 03:02 PM
    I love me a good rumor
    08-26-09 03:05 PM
    Is the Pluto the new Magnum? Or is it a new phone altogether?
    08-26-09 03:15 PM
    What the rep probably meant that there is 2 new blackberrys coming to verizon, the storm and another device with a keyboard, the new curve 85xx. Might as well get the tour if you want a keyboard.

No keyboard on the storm.
    08-26-09 03:47 PM
    What the rep probably meant that there is 2 new blackberrys coming to verizon, the storm and another device with a keyboard, the new curve 85xx. Might as well get the tour if you want a keyboard.

No keyboard on the storm.
    Anyone seen Clue?

Mrs. White: He even threatened to kill me in public.
    Professor Plum: Why would he want to kill you in public?
    Wadsworth: I think she meant he threatened, in public, to kill her.

Word placement is SO important.
    08-26-09 03:54 PM
    Coming up with a stupid "original" idea and blaming it on somebody else or pinning it on a VZW rep - not cool. Lol

08-26-09 04:14 PM
    Coming up with a stupid "original" idea and blaming it on somebody else or pinning it on a VZW rep - not cool. Lol

Wasn't blaming anybody. I'm good to go with my new tour. Hopefully my next bb will have the best of both worlds, however!
    08-26-09 04:36 PM
    What's the purpose of the storm having a keyboard? If you want a qwerty keyboard just buy the Tour.
    08-26-09 06:59 PM
    sounds like a wannabe Versa. that phone sucks. its probably a lie.
    08-26-09 07:21 PM
    Maybe you're thinking LG Env or Versa style flip open to the hard keyboard. Dare has only a touch screen keyboard.
    08-26-09 07:30 PM
    Maybe you're thinking LG Env or Versa style flip open to the hard keyboard. Dare has only a touch screen keyboard.
    He/she may even be thinking of the voyager.
    08-26-09 08:21 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD