I cant decide if I want to get it or not. I LOVE the idea of the superior protection as I am sporting an invisible shield full body now. (cant stand prints and scratches anywhere)

For those of you who may have an OtterBox Defender case does it make the phone any harder to handle? I use the mute button on top all the time, does it affect that at all? How about the volume buttons? And also what about that (removeable) plastic across the screen and keyboard. Does that make it any harder to see/type?

Basically I'm just trying to decide if its worth the investment. If its just an annoyance I wont get it but I'm hoping its a winner.
    08-26-09 05:22 AM
    Had one. Put it on the day it was delivered. Took it off an hour
    later and reboxed it, drove to the Post Office and shipped that
    thing back.

I was looking for a case that would stand up to firefighting, but
    that thing is just a big bowl of hulking ugly. My opinion of course.
    08-26-09 06:57 AM
    I would agree with AG, but I have found that they appear to be making some slimmer cases, which would be a big benefit.

While they provide a lot of protection, its like carrying another BB with you taped on the back of your existing one.

I would personally look at other options such as Seidio for a high quality case that will provide good protection.
    08-26-09 07:00 AM
    I have a defender, love it. But with my new work it doesn't fit in the uniform.

I found the phone easier to handle and buttons easier to press.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:11 AM
    I would think that it would be overkill for regular use but being in the construction business, I cannot live without my Otterbox. It has saved my Berry many times. I took my Pearl out of its box when I went to Hawaii and a wave splashed on it and ruined it. The OB would have saved it. You may look at the Body Glove case. It has a hard plastic screen cover buit in but no keypad cover and its a little slimmer than the OB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 07:11 AM
    I love my otterbox, the day I bought my phone I bought the otterbox, the volume buttons are easy to use, and the quick buttons on the side of the phone, I assume the mute button is just as easy but I don't use it very often. A couple of complaints I have is you have to take the otterbox apart every couple of weeks to clean the crap that got under the clear protector and the clear protector covers the camera so your picture qulity isn't as good as without it. And I don't have a problem with the cover over the keyboard. The otterbox has certainly saved my phone a number of times.
    08-26-09 07:41 AM
    I have had an Otterbox Defender since around March and like it for the most part. I couldn't care less about fashion; I need functionality. The Otterbox is very good at protecting my Bold. I do have a few complaints. The clear plastic on the back, which is designed to permit using the camera is a PITA. The image quality is degraded when not using the flash and almost non-existent when the flash is used. I have ended up with numerous white blurs from the flash reflecting off the case. Cutting a hole in the clear plastic will alleviate the problem, but voids the warranty. The clear plastic membrane over the screen and keyboard can be difficult to get seated and all the air bubbles removed from the screen area. I found that once it is fitted, if it is removed after several months of use, it is nearly impiossible to reseat. I ended up replacing it. Lastly, the rubber outer covering will begin to stretch out after time. Not a major problem, but a minor annoyance. I have learned to live with these flaws and am basically happy with my Defender. That said, I would be much happier if at least one or two of these issues would be addressed by Otterbox.
    08-26-09 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD