Please, I beg of you. If you are having memory issues please do the following. It works and you will see a huge improvement.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...y-leak-235048/

after you do the resolved memory leak thing, take a look at these and give them a shot

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/de...memory-103830/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ul...s-only-100612/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/gu...better-144849/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/dr...-steps-116539/
    08-26-09 02:19 AM
    I did the whole process before. It didn't work for me. I booted at 47.3 about 24 hrs ago and am now at 37.5. Maybe its the theme I'm running natemz pro v3 or one of the apps I have installed. I don't mind the memory leak. I learned to deal with it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 04:46 AM
    I did the whole process before. It didn't work for me. I booted at 47.3 about 24 hrs ago and am now at 37.5. Maybe its the theme I'm running natemz pro v3 or one of the apps I have installed. I don't mind the memory leak. I learned to deal with it

Themes and OS make a difference. .151 and 5.0 are both great on memory. Themes were notorious at first for being a source of gaping leaks.
    08-26-09 05:49 AM
    Thanks for the links.
    08-26-09 06:03 AM

theme should be ok, has to be a bad app or something if you are running 151 IMO
    08-26-09 09:19 AM
    Wow looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

no, this is a recurring issue, and everyone seems like they start a new thread asking for help, the point is to have the resources readily available so that people don't flood the forum with the same dumb questions over, and over, and over...

in the social forums, when people create duplicate topics, the old ones get closed ASAP and they link to the active/open threads....wish everyone around here was that dedicated to their MOD job...
    08-26-09 11:19 AM

why not try removing the theme for a day or two and see how it reacts?

instead of dealing with it...
    08-26-09 11:19 AM
    also, god bless you paul, i was going to do the same exact thing...idk why the mods STILL haven't moved that "resolved memory leak" thread into the main forum, it has nothing to do with the OS...they are failing harder and harder...
    08-26-09 11:20 AM

This process is not for people like you. You have ample memory. Memory fluctuates on the BB Storm. You are ok (albeit suffering from a bit of memory-OCD). Just kidding. Going from 45 to 35 MB is not necessarily a memory leak. It's fairly normal esp if you have twitter, facebook, "today" themes, etc.

This process is for those people who post messages about going down to like 1 MB or even 0 MB. It's thought to be caused by corrupted databases when you install leaked OSs. If you look at your database tables, they should not be ballooned up. This process clears out those corrupted databases. I did it after installing about 3 leaked OSs and it made my phone infinitely better.
    08-26-09 11:44 AM
    This process is not for people like you. You have ample memory. Memory fluctuates on the BB Storm. You are ok (albeit suffering from a bit of memory-OCD). Just kidding. Going from 45 to 35 MB is not necessarily a memory leak. It's fairly normal esp if you have twitter, facebook, "today" themes, etc.

This process is for those people who post messages about going down to like 1 MB or even 0 MB. It's thought to be caused by corrupted databases when you install leaked OSs. If you look at your database tables, they should not be ballooned up. This process clears out those corrupted databases. I did it after installing about 3 leaked OSs and it made my phone infinitely better.

exactly....and i wouldn't say the "just kidding" about memory OCD....that guy needs help!
    08-26-09 11:52 AM

correct, i have a blue ribbon for you
    08-26-09 11:54 AM
    hey n00b (thats me), n00bs dont read stickies! you fail
    At least if it was stickied it would be a little easier to find for me to link to, since I end up referencing it at least 20 times a day.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 08-26-09 at 12:38 PM.
    08-26-09 12:34 PM
    At least if it was stickied it would be a little easier to find for me to link to, since I end up referencing it at least 20 times a day.
    Thanks for the effort. Nice job.
    08-26-09 01:12 PM
    Nope, not really. I dont get upset, just annoyed when people complain about there memory issues when the tools are here and they cant find them. If this could be stickied it would greatly reduce the "oh my god Im down to .00001 mb of memory and Ive tried eveything" threads. Thanks for playing along!
    maybe ...
    1) Stop answering duplicate/redundant threads
    2) Put the link in your signature
    08-26-09 01:35 PM
    maybe ...
    1) Stop answering duplicate/redundant threads
    2) Put the link in your signature
    Isnt this site here for people to get help if they need it? So hence the reason I answer the post whether there duplicate/redundant posts.

Putting the link in my sig will do nothing because people dont pay attention to it there. It would only benefit me because I would know where find it. So by having it sticked it would stay at the top for everyone and not just me.
    08-26-09 02:24 PM
    Isnt this site here for people to get help if they need it? So hence the reason I answer the post whether there duplicate/redundant posts.

Putting the link in my sig will do nothing because people dont pay attention to it there. It would only benefit me because I would know where find it. So by having it sticked it would stay at the top for everyone and not just me.
    You are absolutely correct. But ...
    1) "hence the reason I answer the post whether there duplicate/redundant posts" ... then don't complain about it.
    2) and what makes you believe they will read the sticky? You've already stated they won't look at your signature, do a search. Why would they look for a sticky?

Age old problem. IMO, just let it go or revert back to my original post.
    08-26-09 02:30 PM
    1) "hence the reason I answer the post whether there duplicate/redundant posts" ... then don't complain about it.
    2) and what makes you believe they will read the sticky? You've already stated they won't look at your signature, do a search. Why would they look for a sticky?

I think your misunderstanding my reasons for making this thread. Im not complaining, im just trying to make it easier for the n00bs to find this. Im not one to just say "use the search function, or just google it", I would rather help them out so they find this site useful and therefore can fix there issues.
    08-26-09 02:48 PM
    i agree w/ paul's intentions. i'm all for helping those who don't know what exactly to do w/ there probs. sometimes the answers to certain problems are that clearly accessible or laid out.

i think we should also make it easier on ourselves. we should start a thread titled "How to search for my problem on CrackBerry.com". then pm one of the MODs to sticky it to every device's main sub-forum page. that way we won't have a dozen memory issue threads floating around.
    Last edited by BerSerX; 08-26-09 at 07:18 PM.
    08-26-09 07:14 PM
    funny, right as i was reading this post, i found a "pleeeease halp" post like 4 or 5 below this one asking about low memory...
    08-26-09 07:16 PM
    funny, right as i was reading this post, i found a "pleeeease halp" post like 4 or 5 below this one asking about low memory...
    I know, there everywhere
    08-27-09 01:45 AM

This is a legitimate thread, there is no real reason for you to complain about this thread being created. Get some sleep.
    08-27-09 01:49 AM
    This is a legitimate thread, there is no real reason for you to complain about this thread being created. Get some sleep.
    Its kind of weird how he got all offended by my post. I wonder why his panties got all bunched up.

Im just trying to help, thats all.
    08-27-09 01:56 AM
    ok ok, enough of this talk. Lets try and get back on topic so this will stay out there where its needed.

These methods have been proven to help with memory issues so please give them a shot if you are having problems.
    08-27-09 02:19 AM
    why not try removing the theme for a day or two and see how it reacts?

instead of dealing with it...
    I can't do it. Kinda sad but i depend on it. Especially the hidden calender portion of it.

On a side note...48 hours later after last reboot i'm at 32.23
    08-27-09 03:19 AM
    Shouldnt this be stickied as it's on a par with "Lost Browser Threads" ??
    08-27-09 06:07 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD