ok i know thats possible but how do i do it from my bb storm? i have AIM, GoogleTalk, yahoo, and windows live messenger. i recently had to cancel my sms plan =[ and it got completely blocked so i cant even send or recieve text.
    08-26-09 01:20 AM
    how did you cancel you sms plan. If you have a BB and it works than you have a data plan and that gives you sms, mms, bbm, email, web access. Im not I understand what you mean so please explain better. Can you still make calls on you storm, can you still get on the internet?
    08-26-09 01:38 AM
    how did you cancel you sms plan. If you have a BB and it works than you have a data plan and that gives you sms, mms, bbm, email, web access. Im not I understand what you mean so please explain better. Can you still make calls on you storm, can you still get on the internet?
    He means what he said: he doesn't have texting. He cancelled that service. As long as you have your data plan you will have unlimited email, data, pin, etc. Any of the rim IM apps use data not sms so that shouldn't be a problem. Now if you don't have the data plan either then you won't be able to use any IM program.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 02:13 AM
    yea i only got textin cancelled i still got data plan but i just wanna know how to text from the IM apps on the bb or how to send emails as text messages
    08-26-09 06:02 AM
    i am sure there is no way to email as a text mess. Cause you cant use a phone number in the email address to box.
    08-26-09 10:19 AM
    paul, SMS and MMS are a separate feature on the account, having the data plan doesn't include those...it includes the support for MMS, but not the feature its self...

use email, you just put the address as the 10 digit number @ carrier domain.com

you'll need to find each carrier's domain to get it to work, and most carriers have separate domains for MMS service

question: why did you cancel your sms anyway? it's like $10 for unlim in/500 msg....
    08-26-09 11:35 AM
    Yes, you can e-mail any phone. You can Google to find out what each carriers' e-mail addresses are.

For example:

Verizon
    #@vtext.com

AT&T
    #@txt.att.net

You would just put the e-mail address in place of the phone number.
    08-26-09 12:19 PM
    Add a phone number to your AIM buddy list on the computer by adding mobile and giving it a description. Then that buddy will show up in your AIM buddy list on your Storm and you can text them over the days plan. Uses no SMS. They come from your screen name though so people have to know its coming.

08-26-09 02:08 PM
    thanks guys will try all of the ways lol i
    @patches 152 i canceled it cuz i text alot to ppl out of verizon so that 500 msg one wouldnt work for me lol
    08-27-09 03:27 AM
    Google Voice also does SMS. Get a Google Voice number and install the free app on your Storm.

You can then send & receive SMS messages using data only. Just make sure you go to your Google Voice homepage and turn off SMS to your phone.

08-27-09 09:25 AM
    but google voice isnt open to public yet =[
    08-27-09 04:32 PM
    @patches 152 i canceled it cuz i text alot to ppl out of verizon so that 500 msg one wouldnt work for me lol

then email to their phone number is all i can think of...

none of the IM clients on our devices support IM to sms like you're describing, and in order for the AIM client to send sms messages, that user has to log out and enable "mobile" settings to forward AIM messages via sms...

if you create a specific email account to use only in replacement for SMS, you can use the BIS site to create a custom signature so people know who it is, or make your address blatantly obvious who it is...ya know?
    08-27-09 04:41 PM
    well i found the only easy way to do it..by using AIM now i can send them IMs and they will recieve them as SMS =]
    08-27-09 07:03 PM
    go on your pc and add all those people that you have on your contacts as buddies. and then when you sign in on yout bb its gonna show those buddies you have on your buddies list and then you just send an im and theyll receive it as a text
    08-27-09 07:31 PM
    but google voice isnt open to public yet =[
    It is available for public use. You just have to request an invite and wait.
    08-27-09 07:38 PM
    I have unlimited texting (to anyone) and it doesn't cost *that* much, especially when you look at it in the context of the total cost of a blackberry plan with Verizon. Of course, my voice minute plan is the minimal they offer, and I rarely use 1/4 of it, so I wish I could reduce that!

I understand that sometimes you got cut anything you can to make ends meet, I just can't imagine how much of a savings it is...
    08-27-09 07:47 PM
    well i found the only easy way to do it..by using AIM now i can send them IMs and they will recieve them as SMS =]
    this seems to be infinitely less convenient than the email to sms option, considering not all of your friends/people you'd wanna txt will be on your AIM list...

and they would have to enable the sms forwarding from the AIM app...i believe i said all of this earlier...

but i'm glad you got it worked out
    08-28-09 12:20 AM
    this seems to be infinitely less convenient than the email to sms option, considering not all of your friends/people you'd wanna txt will be on your AIM list...

and they would have to enable the sms forwarding from the AIM app...i believe i said all of this earlier...

i know but i tried sending them an email with their carrier email site but it wouldnt send the email =[
    anyway how to fix that
    08-28-09 01:17 AM
    i know but i tried sending them an email with their carrier email site but it wouldnt send the email =[
    anyway how to fix that

so you went online and found out the domain for each carrier, and when you email, it's "[email protected]" and your phone won't send the email, or they don't get the email as a sms?
    08-28-09 01:29 AM
    It is available for public use. You just have to request an invite and wait.
    The current wait seems to be less than a week.

08-28-09 02:00 AM
    @patches
    yea it will send the message but they dont recieve it cuz 10 seconds after i send it i get an email saying that it could not send the message becauze the email i send it to is not available or valid or somethin like that
    08-28-09 02:49 PM
    @patches
    yea it will send the message but they dont recieve it cuz 10 seconds after i send it i get an email saying that it could not send the message becauze the email i send it to is not available or valid or somethin like that
    hmm...you either entered the address wrong, or they have disabled getting emails to sms...there are carrier settings to enable/disable, to prevent spam, etc...on VZW you do it through my verizon, log in and go to the messaging tab along the top, etc...
    08-28-09 03:02 PM
    no im sure i entered the right adress i just checked again =[
    08-28-09 06:33 PM

What? Other person doesn't have to do anything. You just IM their phone number.

08-28-09 11:34 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something...because I have aim on my phone and I don't see a way to send an IM to their number...care to elaborate?

08-28-09 11:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD