Wow what a reversal of emotions there. I was so psyched heading home, A brand new shiny OS for all of us to try out, an this OS 5.0 leak has to be better than the cluster .140 is right? RIGHT?

I meen OS 5.0 is supposed to be the shiz right?? I meen thats what everything is moving to, an updated 5.0 its gonna be great.

Except for everything we have seen for the STorm has been the exact frikin opposite an as my title says OS 5.0 has been nothing but a steaming pile of dung.

How can they say it isn't when the send garbage like .154 out to testers? I meen what are they testing specifically?

How well the damnn thing floats when you chuck it in a river because it doesn't work worth a crap???

I am so totally discouraged right now.

An as icing on the cake both the Bold an 8900 have recieved leaks, they went from .130 to .190 and now have threaded sms. Something all blackberry users have been screaming about for awhile now.

An to top it all off Kevin has mentioned that tabs are ABSENT from the browser in 5.0.0.190??????????

THAT WAS THE ONE FEATURE KEEPING ME RUNNING 5.0!!!! THAT IS WHAT I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN THE STORM GETS UP INTO THAT RANGE????? The loss of the one redeaming feature in 5.0 that I truly cared about!!!?????

I am disgusted.

Mods please move this because it sure as hellll is a rant!!
    Last edited by Valace2; 08-26-09 at 12:47 AM.
    08-26-09 12:39 AM
    Val needs more fiber in his diet lol
    08-26-09 12:42 AM
    Val needs more fiber in his diet lol
    Val is about to blow the frak up.

im off to correct the screw ups in my rant above.
    08-26-09 12:44 AM
    No offense friend. But its a reason its called a leak. Remember your lucky to even see this build. Now at thus point in development there are bugs hence why it isn't an official release. Now you k ow the bugs n when it gets released look for them in the official OS 5. No need to rant.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:45 AM
    all builds are sent out to testers, every single one.

my guess is that they removed the tabs from the browser because they probably want to get the browser to a certain level, improve on it's functionality (it was awful at rendering images in .140), and once they get it working as well as they want, they'll work it back into the OS.

Be excited about the threaded SMS! those leaks show that it IS coming, we just have to wait.
    08-26-09 12:50 AM
    No offense friend. But its a reason its called a leak. Remember your lucky to even see this build. Now at thus point in development there are bugs hence why it isn't an official release. Now you k ow the bugs n when it gets released look for them in the official OS 5. No need to rant.

Usually you see a progression that shows improvement. Show me where in .154 there is improvement over .140.

Also explain why they would send this beta to anyone? I meen thats where I would assume it comes from. Someone testing it outside RIM gave it to a guy who gave it to a guy an that guy thought it might be fun to fuk with us an cut it into two pieces. WHOOO even more fun its like a jigsaw puzzle. Maybe next time they should make it into a scavenger hunt an leave little clues.

That might be fun.

The loss of tabs in the browser completely kill off any interest I had in 5.0 altogether. Without tabs you might as well load up a 4.7 buidl. If .140 is the best build that will have tabs then this is what I am keeping.
    08-26-09 12:52 AM

I think it's more the total lack of progress (or anything else for that matter) that RIM continues to display that has him so pi$$ed. And I totally agree!

08-26-09 12:53 AM
    all builds are sent out to testers, every single one.

my guess is that they removed the tabs from the browser because they probably want to get the browser to a certain level, improve on it's functionality (it was awful at rendering images in .140), and once they get it working as well as they want, they'll work it back into the OS.

Be excited about the threaded SMS! those leaks show that it IS coming, we just have to wait.
    I am happy for all of you, I really am, but I don't use SMS. Seriously I am, a lot of people have been wanting that for a long time so I am happy for you guys.

I use BBM, and I can't even use BBM 5.0 with this latest 5.0 build.

I meen how screwed up is that? lol
    08-26-09 12:54 AM

i agree fully...but RIM is not far ahead in builds from our knowledge.....i would feel different if i knew RIM was 40 builds ahead but to me .154 is reasonably recent and i would expect alot more for something that is suppose to go official shortly
    08-26-09 12:55 AM

I meen honestly what in the world would have they been testing this build for?
    Bouyancy?
    Some third party dev needed a build to test out a fart app?

How could RIM have been satisfied enough with that sad sack excuse for an OS, that they would show it off to anyone?
    08-26-09 12:57 AM
    Storm owners always complaining hahahahah
    08-26-09 01:22 AM
    Storm owners always complaining hahahahah
    Said by the man who returned, was it 8 or 9 Storms?

08-26-09 01:25 AM
    LOL, 9 total storms , lol should be a record right ? lol . No i see almost a year later and the OS still sucks lol , ugh oh well , next phone will be storm 2 , and atleast seeing the direction the OS are going , flick scrolling , threaded sms/mms , web kitz browser, im stoked man
    08-26-09 01:31 AM
    sooks, rule 31 if you're gonna be in the storm forums...

and PK, your mod stick is being disputed...this is totally an official storm forum worthy thread....and it's in the lounge?

and if you move this to rants/raves i will spank you
    08-26-09 02:17 PM

I meen how screwed up is that? lol
    No more screwed up than constantly spelling 'mean' wrong, if you know what I mean... :-)

08-26-09 06:33 PM
    sooks, rule 31 if you're gonna be in the storm forums...

and PK, your mod stick is being disputed...this is totally an official storm forum worthy thread....and it's in the lounge?

and if you move this to rants/raves i will spank you
    Haha I was sad to see your other thread shut down. I was quite entertained by it. I was laughing felt anger and joy. It was better than a lot of movies I saw

Oh yes and to note how RIM could view this as a possible official is beyond me. If this is the best one to be considered I'd hate to see the ones rejected

Last edited by Thanontos; 08-26-09 at 07:20 PM.
    08-26-09 07:17 PM
    Hey val, my thoughts:

I have noticed something odd with these builds. SOme features seem to come in and out. Some features seem to be locked.

There has to be a reason for all this.

The way RIM tests their builds I think is different from what the general public would think.

You would think that leaked builds would get better as they go on, but I dont think what we consider "testing" is what they consider testing.

The reason why I say that is because of simple things like the clock for instance.

WHy would the function to change the time be blocked all the way? How much testing do you need to know that your effin clock cant be adjusted?????

Those are things that RIM wouldnt need testing for.

The reboots? Those are things that RIM could see themselves. They wouldn't need testing.

Heres what I noticed about alot of REAL leaks.

the REAL leaks seem to excel in one area, and lack in others and so forth. The clock has been adjustable since the beginning of storm OS time, so why would it not be adjustable in the next build?

Simply for that reason, they are builds.

In each build they are "building" on a certain element. In early builds certain elements are focused on more than others, and when RIM sends an OS to test. I don't think its "testing the whole OS' I think its testing certain elements within the build.

Maybe a new clock feature is comin in a later build that requires it to be disabled in the beginning?

I noticed that .154 is even MORE colorful than .140. Certain elements have Indeed improved such as color banding, no typing lag what so ever, new features that allow things to become easier reading emails or sending emails, even newer copy and paste features.

I think when they "test" they are really testing certain features. Then after the main testing stages, once those small elements are perfected within each build, then they move on to perfecting the next thing and testing it.

When you hear "Verizon test alot of builds from RIM but most of em suck thats why we arent getting a new OS"

I dont necessarily think they failed testing because of the reasons you may think.

When RIM hands an OS over to Verizon for testing, I am sure there is a list of certain things that they are testing. Not just the overall build itself (unless it is a build for serious release consideration).

Thats just my thoughts because there are so many simple things that keep dissapearing and reapearing in these leaks. And basic things that they have already mastered that we are seeing as "bugs" in these later builds.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 08-28-09 at 09:13 PM.
    08-26-09 07:23 PM
    That is a good point to be made. But wouldn't adding back the rest of the features change any coding? I don't know anything about coding so flame on if I'm wrong. Either way cardstorm is probably on to something

08-26-09 07:27 PM
    It's kind of like building a website. I can't think of many people that are able to just sit down and code an entire website at once.

What happens is that you work on a small piece of it at a time. Create a bit of the navigation menu, then run the .html file in a browser to see what it looks like and click on a few links to see if they work. Go back in and correct any code that doesn't work / look right. Reload in browser and test it again.

Once that's good, go onto the main header and code it in with all the images. Reload it again and make sure all the images show up right and are positioned right and that the menu is where you want it to be. If not, go back and recode again. Then test again.

Lather, rinse, repeat with the main body of the website and all the content. Then copy / paste it as templates for all the rest of your pages and go back to nearly the beginning to change that template page to what content you want it to display.

As a whole, the website sucks since as you build it, there are pieces that don't work or look good. But you're perfecting it one bit at a time and in the end, after all the pieces are built up, you make a final pass at it to make sure everything is in working order as a whole website.
    08-26-09 10:24 PM
    I really dont know what to think, but Card has a good point. It kind of makes sense. Maybe thats why we only see a limited number of leaks. In all reality we could see every build if someone leaked them and who knows maybe your right. Even though this leak was a turd I still think there is allot that 5.0 has to offer us in the upcoming builds. For all we know the next build we see could be good enough for us with less bugs.
    08-27-09 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD