1. A couple months ago, water marks appeared under my screen, some if it dried away, but I still have some dots visible.

2. Headset jack works only if I press the headset into it and hold it down. I use it a lot and I'm tired of keeping my finger pushed up against my phone.

My phone works perfectly fine and the strip on the back didn't change colors. A while ago I asked a VZW rep about the water damage issue and she said it'll cost $50 to get a replacement.

Will it still be $50 if the headset jack has an issue? Please let me know soon. Also, who should I call?

Gracias folks!
    08-25-09 11:51 PM
    Your probly gonna have to go into a store so they can verify the problem. Don't say anything about water just tell them the head phone jack is messed up they'll try it out and if its is they'll give you a refurb if they have any if not they'll mail you one. But they wont take your word for it over the phone. At least they never have with me they tell me to go into the store and have a tech verify the problem and you'll be all good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 12:00 AM
    And no the $50 is for an ins replacement if the damage is causes by you. Whatever you do don't mention water or there gonna charge you.

08-26-09 12:02 AM
    The $50 is actually for insuring any damage to the phone that is not a defect typically covered under warranty.

Regarding the water under the screen, in this circumstance, an argument can be made that the screen was defective leading to a water leak under humid conditions since the phone itself had never been damaged by water as indicated by the water indicator sticker. In normal conditions, a typical screen should not have "leaks" where water may enter.

Good luck.
    08-26-09 12:10 AM
    did the back end/red sticker get wet? Cause then you'll have to pay the replacement cost :/
    08-26-09 12:13 AM
    thanks for the suggestions! i'll try going up to a VZW rep. Also, should I change it to a VZW OS?
    08-26-09 12:14 AM
    In normal cases where there isn't a software issue, reverting back to the VZ approved OS shouldn't be necessary, however, in the case of the headset jack issue, this could possibly be attributed to either a software or hardware issue, so it may be in your interest to change back.
    08-26-09 12:27 AM
    or you could just do the honest thing and deal with insurance, and/or pay the $50 thru VZW.

and people wonder why prices increase when the value does not. damn....
    08-26-09 01:33 AM
    ^ Are you even reading the threads you are posting in?

I see nothing in this particular thread (or even the other you recently posted in) indicating any dishonest conduct or intent? Why pay $50 if there is a legitimate claim of defect?

That is what a warranty is for.
    08-26-09 01:39 AM
    ^ Are you even reading the threads you are posting in?

I see nothing in this particular thread (or even the other you recently posted in) indicating any dishonest conduct or intent? Why pay $50 if there is a legitimate claim of defect?

That is what a warranty is for.
    yes I am. and this OP openly stated "water marks" under the screen. Also, amazingly, the headset port is jacked. hm... perhaps the phone got WET and now it's having problems?!

if this was a "just happened" occurrence, why not take the phone straight to the store and discuss it instead of asking for opinions and options? the strip on the back isn't the absolute decider of water damage.
    08-26-09 01:48 AM
    The question here is how the phone got wet. As shown on this very site, it hasn't been unusual for others to get water on a screen due to humidity and there are no other facts stated here indicating "water damage" other than what you are assuming. Furthermore, the issue with the headset jack is a known problem with this phone.

Making an inference simply based on asking a question also brings nothing to light.
    Last edited by wentouch; 08-26-09 at 01:57 AM.
    08-26-09 01:53 AM
    The same bad screen seal issue that causes the dust under the screen could also be a factor here with the condensation under the screen.

08-26-09 01:58 AM
    Furthermore, the issue with the headset jack is a known problem with this phone.
    I disagree. I've had my Storm since December, my friend has had his a little less time, and a handful (over a dozen) of my coworkers have a Storm as well... not a single one of them have ever said a word about their headset port. So "a known problem" is not accurate. If it were "a known problem", then more people would have had issues with it.

in any case... the chances of getting a warranty exchange when there's visible water is extremely unlikely. If you KNOW the phone got wet, then just do the honest thing. If the phone "developed" water spots, then you're going to roll the dice by trying to get a warranty exchange. Next time, don't wait a few months- go in right away.
    08-26-09 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD