I just noticed that every time I do a battery pull my custom ring tones and message alerts specific to contacts disappear. I can set them and then do a batt pull and gone!

running .151 with several 3rd party apps, including berry buzz 2.0, logmaid, quickpull, skydeck, and several others. What is causing this. It is hella frustrating.
    08-25-09 03:54 PM
    I just noticed that every time I do a battery pull my custom ring tones and message alerts specific to contacts disappear. I can set them and then do a batt pull and gone!

running .151 with several 3rd party apps, including berry buzz 2.0, logmaid, quickpull, skydeck, and several others. What is causing this. It is hella frustrating.
    I don't use it, but seeing as it's related to your ringtones I would probably uninstall or deactivate berry buzz and see if that fixes it. This may be a known issue with .151 however. You may want to browse the findings and fixes thread to see if it's mentioned: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/os...mexico-263205/
    08-25-09 04:00 PM
    It isn't a known issue, as it didn't use to do this to me. I'm not sure when it started, but it is recent... I'm going to start eliminating programs and try and see.
    08-25-09 04:08 PM
    It isn't a known issue, as it didn't use to do this to me. I'm not sure when it started, but it is recent... I'm going to start eliminating programs and try and see.
    I'm working with someone else with similar sound issues in another thread. Another CB member said that there is a sound issue with Facebook and .151. Try deleting, reinstalling, and upgrading to the latest version of Facebook. Don't forget to do a reboot after install. Let me know if this works.
    08-25-09 04:17 PM
    Deleted FB and rebooting. WIll then set sound profile for a contact and reboot. Will report back.
    08-25-09 04:32 PM
    No dice. Didn't do a thing.
    08-25-09 04:38 PM
    No dice. Didn't do a thing.
    Alright well try playing with Berry Buzz next.
    08-25-09 04:51 PM
    deleting berry buzz didn't fix it either.
    08-25-09 04:53 PM
    Next thing I would try is to reinstall the OS. Set your custom ringtones, and then backup your phone and 3rd party apps. Then make sure you wipe with either BBSAK or JL_CMDR. Do a fresh install of .151 on your pc and shrink it if you'd like. Make sure to delete the .151 that is on there right now before installing a fresh copy. Load the OS and restore and see if your custom tones are still there after a couple battery pulls.
    08-25-09 04:59 PM
    Wiped with JL commander, fresh install, no 3rd party apps installed, still doesn't work. As a matter of fact Once I save, if I go back in, it doesn't keep the saved preferences. This pisses me off to no end.
    08-25-09 08:13 PM
    Did you do any sort of restore/backup?

I had a lot of problems with my sound profiles (kept playing default sounds and not what was obviously selected) until I used Desktop Manager's advanced backup feature to delete the Sounds database and restore it from an old, working, backup.

Not sure what would happen if you just deleted it and did a reboot but it might be worth trying.
    08-25-09 09:09 PM
    Yeah this also happened to me and is still happening I wish there was a way to fix it because it is a huge pain
    12-02-09 03:32 PM

The Blackberry OS is fractured somewhere. I have this problem with no applications installed. I did a battery pull today because my Tour began to lag. No other behavior could have caused the custom sound profile AND my settings in the "normal" profile to have reset. Now I have to start from scratch. I believe custom profile is one of those temporary settings on the same level of the "clipboard" where if you have something copied waiting to be pasted and you pull the battery, the clipboard gets wiped out.
    02-02-10 04:33 PM
    Had this problem with individual alerts not playing......found a fix that worked for me.
    Try re-entering the mobile number of the contact into your phone contact profile (without hyphens, paratheses, etc.).
    02-02-10 11:24 PM
    Here's a link to the problem I had with the SMS alerts....hope it helps!

Individual SMS Alerts don't play
    Last edited by Zelmo88; 02-02-10 at 11:54 PM.
    02-02-10 11:50 PM
    juz install the newer OS
    02-03-10 12:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD