I ordered a new Tour on Sunday night after my 16 month old daughter smashed the screen on my Curve. I was going to upgrade in two months anyways, who doesnt like a reason to upgrade early? I call up customer care and tell them the story and listen to my options. I did bring up the fact that my NE2 was Oct 19th and to see if I could get my $100 credit early since I needed to get a new berry. She talked with her supervisor and they allowed the NE2 credit two months early given the situation and client relationship. I was ecstatic! I was charged $199 and then would receive my $100 rebate in the mail. $99 was a great deal in my eyes for a brand new Tour.

So yesterday night I'm looking at the forums and come across a post stating the VZW is going to be lowering the price of the Tour and making the bogo offer INSTANT! I only had to tell the wife once and she was totally on board with getting a new Tour as well.

This morning I call into customer care and get a very nice lady. I tell her the situation and what I would like to accomplish. She first told me that they couldnt offer the instant bogo offer and that I needed to go online. I politely told her that with my initial purchase of the Tour on Sunday, I had to order over the phone since I was getting a special manager approval for the early NE2 credit. She went back to her manager and the ball was rolling...yes!

After roughly an hour on the phone (had to get two mgr approvals) with a wonderful csr I got the 2nd Tour ordered free of charge and the $50 difference I paid on Sunday credited to my account. So when its all said and done we will have two brand new Tour's for $50...I am not even factoring in the "global credit."

Needless to say I am very happy with VZW and how they handle their clients in special situations. The rest of my family (5) switched over from sprint a year ago after I told them how great vzw is and how the treat their customers. We are very excited to get our new phone's, thank you again VZW.
    08-25-09 03:18 PM
    Its always nice to read good stories.
    08-25-09 03:22 PM
    Good to hear some positive feedback!
    08-25-09 03:23 PM
    I've learn't that if you speak to people on a Human level, they will work with you. Congrats on your purchase.
    08-25-09 03:26 PM
    And on top of that, I know a lot of people would read this and say oh they should do that anyway blah blah but when jack in the box starts a deal you don't go in the day after with your reciept and say that you should get money back. Its good to see VZW pleasing people(when they aren't required too)
    08-25-09 03:29 PM
    Seriously, its managers like the ones that delt with my situation that really makes vzw stand apart from the competition. I'm still amazed

I work in the financial industry where we support financial consultants and their assistants all day long. Being on the "service" side of things maybe I have a higher expectation on what service I receive when I am out and about buying products and needing help. In any event its been a great experience thus far.
    08-25-09 03:42 PM
    Wow imagine that, both sides were civil to each other and things get accomplished! NO WAY! Nice job on the phones though... 2 tours for $50... win
    08-25-09 04:17 PM
    rdeano9, you may want to consider sharing that on planetfeedback.com.

Since we're sharing good stories, I may as well share this:

A note of thanks from a very satisfied customer | Verizon Wireless (Cell Phones) Customer Service | PlanetFeedback

I wrote this on August 14th.
    08-25-09 05:35 PM
    YAY to you on your win... See.. Nice equals nice. He calls not expecting something.. A kind of the worse they can say is no mentality and ended with an uber win TWICE!!!!!
    Kudos on the managers but its csr discression to even speak w one... Kudos w em too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 05:48 PM
    Congrats! I enjoy reading people not complaining about VZW lol.
    08-25-09 05:49 PM
    Congrats on your blackberry purchase
    08-25-09 08:31 PM
    Thanks for the great post!
    08-25-09 10:49 PM
    Glad to hear you had a good experience! make sure you fill out a survey... www.verizonwirelesssurvey.com and give a 10!
    08-25-09 10:51 PM
    YAY to you on your win... See.. Nice equals nice. He calls not expecting something.. A kind of the worse they can say is no mentality and ended with an uber win TWICE!!!!!
    Kudos on the managers but its csr discression to even speak w one... Kudos w em too.
    Most definitely Heather. She was great, its just that I was her first call of the day with the "I just bought a Tour and now I want to take part in the bogo instant offer."
    08-25-09 11:07 PM
    very encouraging. VZW has great CS.
    08-25-09 11:15 PM
    Most definitely Heather. She was great, its just that I was her first call of the day with the "I just bought a Tour and now I want to take part in the bogo instant offer."
    Thats the kicker... first call THAT day! LOL
    But you sound like you were very appropriate about it... I know any number of CSR's who would have pulled the same strings if you were as nice as you are saying. Dont doubt I would have tried.
    08-26-09 12:29 AM
    What's that saying..."you get more bees with honey"...

I just checked FedEx and my phone is "On delivery truck." YES!!!

I also ordered 2 of those Epik cases from eBay last night, I couldn't resist the $4.50 price point for each case. Black for me and Pink for the wifey. I will eventually splurge and get the Seidio but for now I will try the Epik since there are so many great reviews.
    08-26-09 08:56 AM
    Great post! Its nice to see that I am not the only one who has always had great experiences with VZW. Even if something does go wrong (my fault or their's) it always seems to get resolved painlessly and quickly. Congrats on that great deal!
    08-26-09 09:04 AM
    I have also had a similar experience with Verizon reps. I was what Kevin was calling a "Storm Chaser" back in the day. My NE2 date was 12/18/08, but when we found out the Storm was coming on 11/21, I figured what the heck, let me call and ask if I could get my date moved up. It's actually a pretty cool story. I used the "honey" approach too. I told the CSR that I heard about this cool new BB that they were getting, and she said "oh yea you mean the Storm." I explained that my NE2 was a month away, but that I was so excited that I really wanted a Storm as soon as possible, and said "...what can we do to get in in to a Storm on launch day?" She put me on hold, and then came back a minute or 2 later and said "Mr C****** we have moved your NE2 date up to 11/21, you can get a Storm on launch day if you want!" And yes folks I WAS one of those crazies in line at 5am on that morning. I was number 6 in line and my store only got 5 Storms. HOWEVER they thought they only had 4 and then they told number 5 on we could try another location, or get 2 day drop shipping. I decided to get the drop shipping, but number 5 decided to go to the next closest store. So when Storm 5 appeared after he left, guess who got it? The Verizon Storm manager said "....ding ding ding, you're getting a Storm"

I have a cool planetfeedback story too, but I'll save that for another day. I'll just say Verizon takes planetfeedback VERY seriously. I'm gonna add my voice to the positive letter mentioned above.
    08-26-09 09:22 AM
    Wow, talk about luckin' out! Right place at the right time.
    08-26-09 05:50 PM
    Verizon has always come through for me when I've needed some help upgrading early. It would take a bulldozer to move me away from Verizon at this point.

(BTW, I still hate my cable company....)
    08-26-09 06:04 PM
    Received my Tour last night, what a great device!

I do have a question though...

What is an "acceptable" amount of side to side to movement on the battery door?
    08-27-09 02:11 PM
    uh oh...

+10char
    08-27-09 02:18 PM
    Indeed... You may want to do a search there are some fixes for this issue.
    08-27-09 02:22 PM
    Super Glue!
    08-27-09 02:22 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD