I have my picture quality set on the highest settings. I notice that when I zoom in the picture size and quality get smaller. Is there something that I can do to fix this?
    08-25-09 02:31 PM
    Your talking about when you view your pictures on your storm? The quality will look different when you zoom in but when you email, mms, the pic to someone it will be fine.
    08-25-09 04:01 PM
    Your talking about when you view your pictures on your storm? The quality will look different when you zoom in but when you email, mms, the pic to someone it will be fine.
    No the pictures look the same on the phone, when I email them UNzoomed they come out full res. Large 2048x1536. Then when I zoom in and take the picture, they come out Medium 1024x768 or Small 640x480.
    08-26-09 03:04 PM
    that's because it's a digital zoom...meaning it's not actually using a telescopic zoom, it takes the digital image, and crops it and enlarges the picture...you'll always get the grainy resolution when you have digital zoom
    08-26-09 03:20 PM
    I noticed this issue when I pulled the pictures from the phone onto my computer. The zoomed pictures were very small compared to the pictures that I did not zoom while taking the picture. I would love more info on this. I'm assuming that in order to maintain pixel quality, the picture has to become smaller the more you zoom, but I really have no idea why it does this.
    09-04-09 09:46 AM
    Because its not optical zoom but rather digital. Just imagine zooming on a picture already taken that's pretty much it. Also I've seem that before you take the pic when focusing quality is grainy but when the final picture is taken quality is good. Not as good as a regular pic but better so I wouldn't worry too much. I have it set to 640x480 in superfine and its good enough quality for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 10:03 AM
    you would have to have an optical zoom to retain image quality while zooming. some phones actually try to fool you by making optical zoom noises from the speakers why zooming (samsung flipshot)
    09-06-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD