I am an avid fan of vintage aircraft (B-24, Connie, DC-3 etc) any else out there into war birds or prop liners?

Feel free to PIN me at 30063840
    Last edited by BravoKilo05; 04-16-08 at 05:13 PM. Reason: .
    04-16-08 04:46 PM
    If I had the money , I would buy a P51D Mustang just to look at it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess...
    04-16-08 06:51 PM
    Absolutely!

Pin Me if you'd like...

Aero Engineer, Former Military Aviator, I now design flying toys for a living...

I LOVE anything with wings!!!!!!

Cheers!

Craig
    04-16-08 07:20 PM
    I lucked out and am the Vermont stop coordinator for the Collings foundation. Have 6 b-24 flights (45min of right seat time in the Lib) and one B-17 flight.

Had a chance to ride back seat in the foundation's F-4 but it had a mechancial that day and wasn't going up. ahhhhhghhh the luck!!

Love the 51 also!
    04-16-08 07:51 PM
    You guys look like your from the northeast with Dadto being right across the lake.Any chance of hitting up the Geneseo vintage airshow this year? (about 35 miles south of rochester)
    Not sure if im going, but it's usually one heck of a photo-op for vintage air fans.
    Last edited by tuxtech; 04-17-08 at 12:08 PM. Reason: guess i cant say ****..so im replacing it with heck :)
    04-17-08 12:06 PM
    Might actually do that this year! Looks like it might be fun.
    04-17-08 01:09 PM
    Former law enforcement ASAR member here before politics and budget cuts shut down the unit. (Long story)

Sitting patiently while they try to put another air unit in place (red tape)

My father was retired Air Force( Tsgt jet engine tech) and NASA (Space Shuttle trainer crew chief).

My childhood consisted of sitting in F105 THUD's cockpits daydreaming, C130 cargo bays, watching the Thunderbirds go from F4's to T38's.

My love for aircraft starts a little later than vintage being my favorite was the F4, but I do love the P51.

I figure anyone who loves aircraft, vintage or new, are ok in my book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 05:26 AM
    Oh man love the Thud, flew in a T38 while in Civil Air Patrol as a Cadet, who doesn't love the Phantom and have spent many hours in C-130s - in the back, not up front where I wanted to be LOL
    04-18-08 09:42 AM
    Yea, I'm an old air force brat.

Born here in Texas, then had to move to McConnell AFB in Kansas for 2 years, then Pope AFB/Fort Bragg in N.C. for 3years, then back here to what use to be Ellington AFB.

Living on Bragg was pretty cool. Got to see the Golden Knights practice their jumps weekly from my back yard. Plus, got to see the airborne unit practice their jumps from the C130's.

See, kids today don't get to enjoy experiences like that. They're stuck in the house playing video games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CJH315; 04-18-08 at 10:34 AM.
    04-18-08 10:24 AM
    roger that! I have a **** of a time getting my kids out of the house, but I am able to do it.

Actually in NC right now (Mebane area). My best friend is at Bragg and I am taking my GF down there in a few weeks so she can see a jump (C-17s).

I have her just about trained now to understand paratrooper speak LoL, just need to get her to see a jump so she can piece it all together. Hopefully afterwards she will be able to follow the conversations he and I have. She'll enjoy it I am sure. Buddy is the DZSO for the jump so we'll hang out with them, pretty close to the action.
    04-18-08 10:49 AM
    P51 is without a doubt the most beautiful airplane ever built...and it helps that its a total bad *** in the air too...been flying since i was 15, been in the FAA now for almost 7 years...
    04-18-08 10:59 AM
    you know the 51 is amazing but I still feel myself drawn to the P-40 and P-47 (razorback version). Man those lines on some of those old pursuit ships are just amazing!!

Course it helps that Gabreski flew both the 40 and 47 LOL
    04-18-08 11:13 AM
    two other very perty planes...we have a pretty nice warbird contingent out here on the island...not too mention the francis s gabreski memorial airport...lol
    04-18-08 04:18 PM
    Where are the birds out on the island? At Gabreski?
    04-18-08 07:09 PM
    well, they're a bit scattered, but if you want the best look go to farmingdale...they have a warbird museum on the north side of the field. pretty sure there's a P51 based out of brookhaven too. gabreski is pretty much a ghost town except in the summer when the rich folk arrive for the hamptons.
    04-19-08 10:27 AM
    I had heard that the only folks at Gabreski are the 106th Rescue Wing with their HH60s and HC130n/p

Heck we should try to get a Black Berry warbirds excursion set up for this summer - hit some warbird museums, air shows etc LOL
    04-19-08 06:12 PM
    yeah the guard boys are the only a/c based out of FOK, but the airport turns into a big turn around point for the all the corporate jets for the hamptons when the weather gets nice...they have the tower there so i can be quite a bit quicker than trying to get in and out of east hampton...
    04-20-08 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD