Ask them nicely and...

Considering the long-term association with us, I will apply the credit of $100.00 on your account against the Mail-in rebate for your new handset.

You will have to pay the $299.99 at the time of purchase for the new Blackberry Tour phone and write back to me after activating the new handset and we will apply the promised credit. I have also added a note on your account regarding the promised credit against the Mail-in rebate.

I have no use for WiFi so wating until "early" 2010 is a waste for me.
    08-25-09 08:33 AM
    That is correct; it's a combination of being polite coupled with the disposition of the CS rep the customer is talking with. With some CS reps it doesn't matter how polite you are; it won't change the outcome; but with the MAJORITY of them..politeness does have an impact on the outcome.

Also; tenure as a customer with the provider doesn't hurt either :-).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-09 11:23 AM
    I got my tour the same way...$100 instant rebate and $70 dollars for a renewal...total price was $129.99...I love SPRINT sometimes.
    08-25-09 11:46 AM
    Being with Sprint for I think 12 years now and also having a data card with them I'm sure helped as well. I'm happy with $199. Guess its time to order one. They must be on the 3rd or 4th run now so hopefully no glitches.

08-25-09 12:49 PM
    Wow. I called sprint cs today and they denied me. I have been with them since 2003 and I'm a premiere customer. How come sprint doesn't price match vzw? Seriously.

08-27-09 01:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD