I have a curve which ran .77. Last night I upgraded to Verizon's latest (.138) with no problems. Today, when I tried to upgrade to .169, I cannot get it to work. I download the latest software, run it. Then delete the vender file. then I use desktop manager (or loader), but for some reason it's not finding the .169 files. Desktop manager, and loader, both say that there are no software updates.

Any suggestions for adding the .169 OS?

Thanks!
    08-24-09 06:38 PM
    Have you deleted the old .77 file from your PC?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 07:07 PM
    .77 (the one I am not using anymore)? How do I do that?
    08-24-09 07:17 PM
    You can go where you deleted the vendor file and from that folder click the loader exe and it should begin the update

08-25-09 12:42 AM
    Or on your computer just go to control panel>add remove programs and it will be listed there
    08-25-09 12:49 AM
    After using Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the old OS, go to C:\Programs\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and delete any old OS folders there. Leave only the .169 OS folder there.

Then do a search on your computer, especially in hidden and system folders (Advanced Search) for another vendor.xml file that is usually hidden.

Then, as mentioned launch from loader.exe in your Apploader folder. Don't use DM to load the OS.

08-25-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD