My first cellphone was a Motorola V400, at the time it was the coolest. VGA camera, bluetooth, I was in love. That lasted for a few months, then the microphone stopped working. This was the first and last Motorola I would ever buy. Over the following few years I went through three dinky Nokia candy bar phones. None of which had bluetooth, cameras, web browsing, media players, or any notable data capabilities. Then, In November of 2007 I received a Razr from a friend. Garbage.

Then, in December of 2007, I saw the light. I purchased my shiny new Blackberry Curve 8310 and unlimited data plan. In the following months I picked up a couple of extras; rubber skin, full body invisibleshield, and 4GB MicroSD card. Can't wait for OS 4.5 so I can get an 8GB.
    04-16-08 12:41 PM
    I've always avoided these phone history threads, I guess it's time. As best as I can remember, of course.

Beginning in ~1997:

Sprint:
    Samsung flip phone (large version)
    Samsung flip phone (smaller version)
    Sony cube phone (awesome)
    Motorola StarTac
    Motorola StarTac (newer version)
    Motorola Vader

Then to AT&T:
    Nokia chrome phone ($500! What was I thinking!)

Then to Verizon:
    Motorola TimePort (ooh fancy StarTac!)
    Several phones I can't remember

Then to Nextel:
    i90c (I think that's what it was called, the big color one)
    i730
    i860

Then to Cingular:
    Razr V3 (silver - right when it came out and before everyone and their mother had it -$500 I think? *****)
    Razr V3 (black)

Then to Sprint:
    Samsung A900
    Palm Treo 700p

Then to Cingular:
    Blackberry 8700

Then to Sprint:
    Palm Treo 700w
    Blackberry 8700

Then to Verizon:
    Motorola Q
    Blackberry 8830

Then to Cingular:
    iPhone
    Palm Treo 750w
    Blackberry 8300
    Blackberry 8310

I know I'm missing a few phones here and there. The 2001-2004 time period is lacking. Maybe it'll come to me.
    Last edited by jlaw; 04-16-08 at 02:18 PM.
    04-16-08 01:23 PM
    Holy crap jlaw! That's a lot of phones...

Stright from a similar thread:

My first cell phone was a Kyocera 2235 (2001-2003), eventually the battery would only last 5 minutes.

Next I had a Kyocera Slider SE47 (2003-2006), again the battery went out about the same time I needed to renew my contract.

Sticking with the slider theme, I then got an LGvx8500 1st gen chocolate phone (2006-2007). After about a year and a half, I couldn't stand that POS phone any more, so I upgraded to a smartphone.

I chose the Pearl because it is the size I want and I heard good things about it, plus it had just come out on Verizon when I got it.
    04-16-08 01:29 PM
    Ohh man I can't remember back that far. I had a couple of different phones with different carriers before I started with Sprint but can't remember them. I have been with Sprint for 12 years. I started with a Motorola StarTAC and stuck with that for the next 10 years. I reluctantly upgraded about 2 years ago to a Samsung A900. I would have gotten another StarTAC but I decided after 10 years to try something new. The A900 was a great phone, dependable and pretty much as indestructible as the StarTAC. Just a few weeks ago I was looking at a Sprint Broadband card for my laptop to do road warrior duties. It just seemed more logical to go with a Blackberry and combine the Phone, PDA and Networking duties into one device. So far my 8830 is working out great!
    04-16-08 01:31 PM
    Too many to mention. I just remenber the two prior phones to my BB:Motorola i730,Motorola i870.

Welcome Newbie to CB.
    04-16-08 01:42 PM
    Mmm, I don't think I can remember all of them!

The ones I remember: Motorola StarTac, Nokia 3360 & 3310, Palm Treo 700 & 750, Nokia 7390, Nokia N95, iPhone, & finally Curve 8310.

04-16-08 01:49 PM
    I had:
    some motorola v55 or something like that
    nextel i90
    nextel i95
    samsung cheapo phone
    motorola e815
    motorola q
    pearl 8130
    soon to be curve 8330
    04-16-08 01:54 PM
    As soon as I turned 18 - signed up with VZW - even had to fork over $250 until my contract expired as a deposit. Started out with a basic phone, shortly there after upgraded to an LG flip phone - like the first one ever...then me and the boyfriend got nextels cause thats what everyone we knew had - the i95, got sick of nextel and paying through the nose for crappy service, went back to verizon and picked up the E815, then upgraded the treo about a year ago, and now, to my pearl.
    04-16-08 02:01 PM
    Lets just say i have a box of old phones! to many to list some i have double of them for parts. water and screens don't mix
    04-16-08 02:11 PM
    Aha! Forgot my stint with Nextel.
    04-16-08 02:18 PM
    Lets see... it all started in 98...

Voice Stream - Some strange little flip phone with a 2 line display. I can't remember the type of phone, but you could program your own ringtones into it with codes you got off of some website.
    Cingular - The good old brick, Nokia something or another. It was the one with the small green scale screen and had the "snake" game.
    Cingular - Motorola phone. I can't recall its exact name, but it was one of the first cellphones I had seen that had an email client. It also had a blue rubber slip cover you could put over it, and it had roughly the shape of a peanut, if that helps you picture it. Oh, it also had an FM tuner...

Fast forward about a year (Comments in parenthesis after the phone model are the reasons I moved on from it)

Suncom - Updated version of the old Nokia brick (lost)
    Suncom - Yet another version of the old Nokia brick (broke)
    Suncom - Yeah, you guessed it, another Nokia brick (I got caught up in the Cingular/Suncom merger crap)
    Cingular - Samsung flip phone (dropped Cingular to go on a family plan with my wife)
    Verizon - LG "V" (the one before the enV) (wanted a smartphone for work)

The month/year where this insane part of my cellphone history begins is February 2007. Yes, I went through all these phones in a little over a year....

Verizon - Motorola Q (buggy mess)
    Verizon - BlackBerry 8703e (wanted to try the 8830)
    Verizon - BlackBerry 8830 (didn't like the keyboard)
    Verizon - BlackBerry 8703e (Verizon pissed me off)
    Alltel - Palm 700wx (buggy mess)
    Alltel - Palm 700p (even more of a buggy mess than the WM version)
    At&t - iPhone (camera stopped working)
    At&t - BlackBerry Curve (missed the multimedia features of the iPhone)
    At&t - iPhone (realized other phones could do the multimedia stuff almost as well and the iPhone was too locked down, the keyboard sucked, and it was more of a toy than a capable business tool)
    At&t - At&t 8925(Tilt) (Missed having a Berry)
    At&t - BlackBerry Curve (Missed the customizable nature of the Tilt)
    At&t - At&t 8925 (Tilt) (Battery life was killing me, wasn't too buggy, but the bugs that were there were getting on my nerves, I still found myself missing my Berry)

And that all leads to my current phone, yet another BlackBerry Curve 8310...

I want you to keep in mind that many of my phones were gotten by way of exchange. Either through legitimate time frames, or by my strong methods of persuasion, but regardless of how I managed to pull off the exchange, I have not actually purchased all of those phones outright.

Well, thats about it... lol
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 04-16-08 at 04:02 PM.
    04-16-08 02:29 PM
    My first three phones were Nokia's and I really liked them until all my friends got flip phones. Then I went out and got the Motorola V551. I had that for years and years. I started looking around for a smartphone and decided on a BB. I liked the look and it wasn't as bulky as the other PDA's I saw. I really liked the Moto Q until I saw what a monster it was at the store.

So now I am patiently waiting for my BB to arrive which will be tomorrow.

Who I am kidding? I can't wait for my BB to get here!
    04-16-08 02:54 PM
    OMG people, how do you remember all of them? I cant remember what I had for lunch today…
    My first cell phone was actually hardwired to the car don’t remember what it was though, probably Moto.
    04-16-08 03:26 PM
    CrazEtooN, jlaw, that's a lot of phones guys. I guess I'll catch up one day. I got my first phone in high school, 10th grade. I'm only a sophomore in college, so I think it's too terrible bad.
    04-16-08 03:53 PM
    Wow, I couldn't begin to remember the model numbers of the phones...

Motorola bag phone

Motorola big handheld brick phone with the stubby antenna (it was gray and had the nerve to have a leather case with a belt clip that would make your belt sag.)

Qualcomm QCP-820 phone

Motorola Star tac

Nextel i95 flip phone

Samsung flip phone

Cingular 8525

BlackBerry 8800

??Blackberry 9000?? maybe
    04-16-08 04:34 PM
    I can't remember my first phone. It was an analog cellular phone through GTE. It was about the same size as a cordless home phone and just had a small display. That was back in 1993. My wife had a bag phone (unit, seperate handset, seperate battery) with CellularOne.

We switched to US Cellular in 1996, combining our two accounts into one. I've probably had seven different phone since switching to them. We donate our old phones to charity, so I couldn't tell you which models they were.
    04-16-08 05:29 PM
    I've been with T-mobile since Omnipoint days so my handset history begins with the Ericsson GH88, then I moved up to a Ericsson T28,think they were Voicesteream by then, gave Motorola a try.. V60..then a V180..I know im missing one but went to a Samsung Flip forget the model number, then Nokia 6130,a pal of mine who worked for Nokia gave me an nGageused it occasionally,but I stayed with the nokia 6130 till the opportunity to cop a Blackberry Pearl at a considerably cheap price came along and havent looked back ever since! But geezum I wish I still had the GH688 for novelty purposes! lmao amazing how far we have come in such short time as far a mobile technology
    04-17-08 11:10 AM
    Samsung x495-broke/gave away
    Motorola v171-took it back to store
    Sony Erricson T237-dont remember
    Ampd Mobile Jet-broke
    Motorola W315-gave away
    Motorola V265-sold
    Motorola Razr V3m-gave to mom
    Nokia 6555-fixing
    Samsung SGH-C417-sold
    Samsung SGH-A437-sold
    BlackBerry Pearl 8100-current
    Last edited by enyahs_shayne09; 04-17-08 at 02:06 PM.
    04-17-08 02:04 PM
    I started with a Motorola flip phone that was bigger than my house phone, back in 1995 maybe? Might have gotten it even earlier than that. I've no idea who my provider was. It was a car phone - I kept it in the car only for emergencies because it was too big to take anywhere else! In 98 Sprint was doing a promo - bring in your old phone and get a good deal on a new one, the salespeople made fun of my giant old phone! After that I progressed rather quickly:

Sony phone (looked like a mini house phone)
    Sony cube
    Motorola StarTac (I may have had two of these)
    Sanyo something-or-other (the one that came in white and lavender - super girly!)
    Treo 600
    Motorola Krazr (still using this one, about to retire it)
    BB Curve (my one and only phone with AT&T)
    Pearl 8130
    04-18-08 11:08 PM
    i had the following

motorla v60
    motorla t720
    motorla v630
    motorla razr v3
    blackberry pearl 8100
    sidekick 3
    sidekick lx

and now

Blackberry Curve
    04-18-08 11:16 PM
    LG crappy flip-phone
    Moto RAZR
    Soon to be 8130 or 8330 (probably 8330).
    04-18-08 11:23 PM
    My first cell was a kyocera bar phone from virgin mobile in 2003.Then I had a nokia bar phone in 2005 through at&t prepaid.Then I had my husbands samsung flip phone when I went on a sprint family plan.Then I went to T mobile last year and got a magenta razr.Then I got a black pearl but sent it back. Then I got a krzr but it wasn't the same.I now have a white bb 8100 pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 06:14 AM
    1990 or 1991: Panasonic bag phone (transporter?)
    1992-2002: increasingly smaller phones with AT&T, Cellular One, & Sprint
    2002-2003: Kyocera 7135 (VZW)
    2004: Treo 600 (VZW)
    2005: Audiovox 6600VX (VZW)
    2006-present: Treo 700w & 700wx (VZW)
    2008 - BB 8830 (Sprint)
    04-19-08 11:59 AM
    Through the years I've had:

Three different Nokia bar phones.
    Nokia flip phone.
    LG flip phone.
    Kyocera bar phone.
    Motorola 325.
    Original Razor.
    Razor 2.
    Presently a Pearl.

If I remember correctly.
    04-19-08 12:24 PM
    In high school I had an old Motorola flip phone, the big grey bricks.

After that:
    Nextel 1000
    Nextel 520
    Nextel 710
    BB 7280
    BB 7100i
    Motorola Q
    LG EnV
    Now a BB 8830
    04-19-08 12:44 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD