As the title says I just got done talking to a csr on the phone who informed me that rim has recognized the trackball hardware issue. He said rim has new "green dot" stock to replace them with (green sticker will be on the back of the phone itself). This means that I will be getting a phone without a battery door, battery, sim card, memory card. (gotta swap mine) Which I dont really mind as long as it works. I am out of my 30 day window anyways.

The weird thing is that he said that they were just given the go-ahead to start sending the green dot ones out on the 24th; which is today duh...

Just thought I would pass this along. I should have my replacement by Wednesday. Thanks Kingzee for the video that made me realize that my trackball was not right. (denial)

And BTW, verizon's customer service has always been awesome for me!! A++ for not beating around the bush.
    08-24-09 10:58 AM
    Kinda makes me wish mine starts acting up. I picked up my tour last week and have had no problems with mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-09 11:16 AM
    yea i just got mine replaced and it was delivered today, my trackball works perfectly, the battery door doesnt move at all, the keys even feel different when you press them, all in all no issues with the green dot one yet.
    08-24-09 11:51 AM
    Kinda makes me wish mine starts acting up. I picked up my tour last week and have had no problems with mine

Why would you WANT your phone to act up? Not all the Tours have had the problem. And if you got it last week it's probably fine anyways.
    08-24-09 11:51 AM
    is the green dot under the battery? where is it at?
    08-24-09 11:54 AM
    i wonder if that is something just happening with vz or are they gonna do it with a the bb's that have tb problems? i.e. like sprint
    08-24-09 11:56 AM
    is the green dot under the battery? where is it at?
    It's on the box the phone comes in.
    08-24-09 12:04 PM
    I am expecting my 3rd replacement from Sprint today. Everyone I spoke with in customer service and returns acted like I was the first one with a problem. If this one still has track ball issues (or others), I will revert to my 8703e and wait a while. My 30 days is up in about a week.
    08-24-09 12:10 PM
    Just got off the phone with them as well. I should have a new one by Weds too. I had my sensitivity up to 90 to get it to work. I had no idea when I dropped it down to 70 it would be so horrible. The customer service reps were perfect.
    08-24-09 12:42 PM
    As the title says I just got done talking to a csr on the phone who informed me that rim has recognized the trackball hardware issue. He said rim has new "green dot" stock to replace them with (green sticker will be on the back of the phone itself). This means that I will be getting a phone without a battery door, battery, sim card, memory card. (gotta swap mine) Which I dont really mind as long as it works. I am out of my 30 day window anyways.

The weird thing is that he said that they were just given the go-ahead to start sending the green dot ones out on the 24th; which is today duh...

Just thought I would pass this along. I should have my replacement by Wednesday. Thanks Kingzee for the video that made me realize that my trackball was not right. (denial)

And BTW, verizon's customer service has always been awesome for me!! A++ for not beating around the bush.

Can you show me where the video is that made you realize that your trackball was not right please?
    08-24-09 12:49 PM
    My brother got a Tour the other week. He's having the same trackball issue as you guys have had too. He's called VZW just now and the lady didn't know anything about the trackball issue. I know, he got someone stupid on the phone, but she did say they were getting a new shipment of Tours tomorrow. Should these new Tours all have the "green stickers or dots"? How is he supposed to be able to tell if they are new or not?
    08-24-09 12:52 PM
    Would this apply to best buy also? Tomorrow's my last day in the 30 days and this trackball is terrible. If they're bringing out new ones I may go exchange mine.

08-24-09 01:01 PM
    green dot, pink dot, orange dot...who cares as long as the phone works properly?
    08-24-09 01:02 PM
    Would this apply to best buy also? Tomorrow's my last day in the 30 days and this trackball is terrible. If they're bringing out new ones I may go exchange mine.

My bro also got his at Best Buy and VZW told him he could swap it for a good one at any VZW store or at Best Buy.

green dot, pink dot, orange dot...who cares as long as the phone works properly?
    Well, it could work well in the store then mess up when he got home with it and have to go back through all that crap again.
    08-24-09 01:07 PM
    Had my tour since release date and love it
    08-24-09 01:13 PM
    Same here.... Knocking on wood

08-24-09 01:15 PM
    I just called Verizon and got my replaced. No hassle what so ever.

08-24-09 01:21 PM
    just called in and i have one on the way aswell, i asked her about the green dot and she said she did not know....

she said they are refurbished tho.
    08-24-09 01:24 PM

yea me to , but my trackball does suck everything but the trackball works well.
    08-24-09 01:26 PM
    I did an exchange as well..so far so good..but that doesn't mean it won't act dysfunctional..but all I knw I dnt want to deal with insurance..

08-24-09 01:28 PM
    just called in and i have one on the way aswell, i asked her about the green dot and she said she did not know....

she said they are refurbished tho.
    Yea the guy I talked to gave me no problem for a replacement. No more than 5mintues on the phone.

But... they didnt know about the green dot.....
    08-24-09 01:28 PM

You have got to be kidding
    08-24-09 01:36 PM
    My bro also got his at Best Buy and VZW told him he could swap it for a good one at any VZW store or at Best Buy.

Well, it could work well in the store then mess up when he got home with it and have to go back through all that crap again.
    Tell your brother to stop acting like a @itch and bring my storm back.

08-24-09 01:54 PM
    So I went through 2 freaking crackberry tours and the thing is a POS!!! So I decided to take it one step further and call RIM and Blackberry Company and put in a formal complaint. Apparently I guess from what the rep said to me this is a known issue. What they are doing to fix the issues is unknown at this point.
    Here is an idea for these Ja-Mokes, make a FN phone that works!!!
    08-24-09 02:10 PM
    100% right
    08-24-09 02:11 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD