So last night my wife is using her 8310 just fine. We go to bed and she plugs it in, and a few minutes later goes to check something and says the dreaded "Dear, I think something is wrong" (there goes my sleep). Her trackball would not select anything and only some of the keys on the keyboard work.

I left the battery out overnight and put it back in today but it does not seem to have solved the problem. I also tried wiping and reloading the OS but that has not helped either. The moisture stickers are all white and she does not remember putting it anywhere that was wet, although I suppose it could have happened.

Reading the forums it seems the most likely culprit is moisture in the keyboard. If this is the case, would ordering a new full keyboard set from CNN.cn solve the problem? BlackBerry Curve 8300/8310/8320 OEM full black keyboard set - Cellular Nationwide Network -

Or is there a different part that I need to get. She is due for an upgrade but wants to wait for the Onxy, so getting her something new isn't really an option.

Any help is appreciated!
    08-24-09 09:27 AM
    did you ever get an answer to this questiong? im having the same problem
    08-28-09 01:23 PM
    Unfortunately I did not receive a response. The only response I have is a very unhappy wife who is now stuck using an original iPhone because she won't get a new phone until the Onyx is out. Here's a tip, NEVER take away a woman's ability to BBM, the world may as well come to an end...

If someone can help, PLEASE! Haha
    08-28-09 01:40 PM
    Buying the keyboard won't help, the problem is the circuits under the keyboard on the main circuit board.

Sometimes it takes a while, but a BB or any electronic device, can be damaged by humidity/moisture as well as outright liquid damage.

For instance, if your wife takes her BB into the bathroom with her when she takes a steamy shower. The exposure of the moist air set off a slow process of corrosion in the circuits that took a long time to manifest itself.

If the BB is less than 12 months old, you can try and get it replaced under warranty. If it is out of warranty, RIM might still be able to replace it for a fee. Another option is to try and get a used BB from an outside source. This will not affect her current contract and upgrade eligibility.
    08-28-09 01:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD